[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

17 hours ago, Spiral.3724 said:

Subparties in squad -- any way to highlight which party I'm in? 
Sometimes in a 50-man squad, the commander will say something to a specific sub-group...
"Party 5, go to the camp."
And there's no way to tell what party I'm in without searching for my name. (And I can get moved from party to party, so it's not always the same.)

Maybe simply change my subparty number to yellow? Thanks.

I agree it's subtle but your icon is already highlighted with a white border.

I +1 the request however, it should be clearly highlighted. Also the subgroup number should be displayed everytime. When a subgroup is called I have to switch to the full list to see where I am, and then I have to go to the subgroup display to see the status of my subgroup partners. That is not user friendly at all.

Reaper Shroud’s green color gives raid healers panic attacks. It’s too close to the normal health bar, color!

Meanwhile, Specter’s violet/magenta color is excellent. It’s very clear that what’s depleting is their Specter Shroud, not their health bar.

Please make Reaper Shroud color easier to distinguish! Specter shows it’s doable already.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Val.7826 said:

An option to hide Virtuoso's floating blades while out of combat

Seconding this.

Please also give an option to hide the [Soulbeast Merged with pet glow] outside of combat.

It really messes with our Fashion Wars (we have to go the extra mile to color coordinate with the light green, since it wraps around the body).
The Virtuoso and Soulbeast glow/shiny can also trigger migraine attacks.

Edited by Chrysline.2317
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Val.7826 said:

An option to hide Virtuoso's floating blades while out of combat

Alternative idea:

Make Virtuoso's blades more like Wild Magic Backpack, so not stationary but more floating like they are suspended in swaying water, maybe a little closer to the character and less space between blades, and after that, the blades should be oriented with the tip of the blade slightly upward.

It could be really cool to see and less like a poor scripted addition above character's head.

Edited by Val.7826

In soundoptions I want to be able to disable the sounds of the new jade bot minis.

i dont want to disable all other players sounds, just explicitly the jade bots minis.

Standing at tradepost or bank and hearing suddenly this eeeyou eeyou eeeyou eeyou eeyou eeyou eeyou made me just agressive. 

if you design such minis or items please be aware that not a small amount of us wear headsets while playing.

thanks.

• Like 1

Make it possible to buy Jade Bots after you've gotten the first via the story.

Having to replay the story for all your characters to get one is scuffed to say the least. 

Revenants especially suffers from this if they want the Dichotomy model since you need Echowald Wild map completion which is literally impossible unless you have a Jade Bot since there are PoIs that are only accessable via Jade Bot.

• Confused 1

48 minutes ago, Malus.2184 said:

Make it possible to buy Jade Bots after you've gotten the first via the story.

Having to replay the story for all your characters to get one is scuffed to say the least. 

Revenants especially suffers from this if they want the Dichotomy model since you need Echowald Wild map completion which is literally impossible unless you have a Jade Bot since there are PoIs that are only accessable via Jade Bot.

You could just buy a core on the Trading Post, equip it and the goo bot functionality is there.

Unless Arenanet changed it, you shouldn't need to play EoD just to get the functionality.

Edited by Fueki.4753

On 8/30/2022 at 7:02 PM, Potbelly.1520 said:

Most of my playtime Im spending on the Borderlands in WvW.

In WvW only one chair is enabled, the Victory Rock.

Why are the others disabled? I really love most of your chairs, but I would like to use them too in the environment im playing the most and I dont think its a gamebreaker for WvW.

Thanks

Turtle-Chair-Lover-Bonki

I need to bump my post.

Seriously....Turtle Chair, Illusion of Sitting and now this cute Cat Chair and still none of these are usable in WvW. What about the ppl spending 99% of their time in WvW, still spending gems for this stuff cause its too good, but cant use it in the environment they play the most?

We have ONE chair working in WvW, pls make all other chairs available in WvW too.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Zaoda.1653 said:

Add a countdown icon for the cooldown of the "Jade Bot: Personal Waypoint".

Would be nice to know how long till it can next be used

This exists, but it’s a tiny hard to see button.

Look at where the weapon swap button on the skill bar is. There’s a tiny tiny icon of a mastery point, then beside it there’s an arrow.

Clicking that shows 3 icons: the Jade Bot Personal Waypoint, Skiffs, and Fishing.

If your Jade Bot Personal Waypoint is on cooldown, there’s a countdown timer (in seconds) there.

Please give us more (reasons to buy) ways, to use finishers.

Limiting them to be useful only on other players and the Sylvari on the Toxic spores meta is not very productive; for a game that's so large.

We want to use them more often and on a vastly wider selection of foes, and therefore have a reason to buy them.

All these could be targets for finishers, to start with:

● Nightmare Court

● Inquest

● Flame Legion

● Bandits, including Champions

● Sons of Svanir

● Guild Mission Targets

● Humanoid Bounty Targets

PS.

Please I want a job in the idea/concept department. 

I can make you a ton load of money in areas of the game that aren't being explored.

ANet!

You're throwing money away...

Plus I need a job.

Edited by SoulGuardian.6203
Added more elaborate ideas
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It takes me close to 6 minutes to craft a stack (250) of, let's say, silver earrings+stone, and that with purchasing the ingots already done, not crafting the ingots too. At close to 2 minutes for each, ear hook, setting, earring.

That means 250 research notes.

For the Gift of Research you need 500 hydrocatalytic reagents.

Which can be purchased at 5 research notes/each.

So I need to craft enough items to have 2500 research notes.

So close to an hour of looking at the screen waiting for the items to be crafted/salvaged in research notes.

Can we get something done about this? I wouldn't mind even if it was a gemstore kind of thing, "the thingamabob of instant crafting"

• Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

EOD Music -

GW2 has such wonderful music.  As a musician, I am especially impressed by the efforts to have music played by musicians rather than electronic representations. 

I admit, however, I'm disappointed with parts of the EOD soundtrack.  Specifically, what seems to be the main theme, which features the Eastern version of the oboe.  It's played a majority of the time, or it seems like it.  Moderation is key - a little bit would be fine, but this is too much.  My Western ears are not accustomed the constant dissonance and wavering tones at such high pitches, and I wonder if it is grating to other players as well?   I have been playing with my music turned OFF to avoid it, especially at the character select screen.

I realize we can choose our own music by going into our system settings.  But rather than doing all of that, can we have an option as to which soundtrack (or piece) will play at the character select screen, at minimum?  You have the option in the home instance and guild halls, so it seems likely that the code is already written, it just needs to be tweaked.

Thanks for considering this.

• Confused 2

An option for each targeted skill (with a cast time and/or animation lock) to force the character to face the target.

Because the game suffering a tiny stroke each time somebody has the audacity to move and cast at the same time gets old really quickly, especially when the ability goes on full CD while doing nothing as well.

Should be the default, but then again Melee Attack Assist actually still exists for some inexplicable reason, so... checkboxes FTW.

I often join certain meta's. From time to time i see people "joining the squad by squad merging". 
The commander of the original squad having to clean up the mess it made. (Not a pretty sight!)

So i wonder:  Should there be like a checkup for the commander in squad settings that disables the merge option?

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just posting to suggest something I really wanted since becoming blind.

I'd like a way to customize the order of my characters on the character select screen without any alterations of ordering upon selecting and playing a character.  That way, every character stays in a position I can remember and I don't have to cycle through the entire list to maintain that order.

• Like 3

Hello all,

Thanks Anet team for the wonderful changes you have implemented lately. Here are some personal features I would also like to see implemented.

1 - 360 full speed movement. We already have this feature implemented in action cam, but I think it would be even more valuable in regular cam. This would remove the need for an "about face" keybind, which in my opinion is an unnecessary skill barrier.

2 - Keybinds per Spec - This is such an important change to make the different game mechanics on each class and spec feel more fluid and confotable to play. ArcDPS has this feature and I find it absolutely necessary, but I think it would work better if it was implemented natively.

3 - Collapsible buffs - It would be nice if you could collpase the buff icons to hide permanant buffs and buffs with long durations. This would clean up the buff bar and make it more useful.

4 - Make the hands, head, shoulder and back slots have a blank skin in the wordrobe, instead of a togglable option. This way we could have it show in one equipment template and not in other ones. 

Thank you

Edited by cesarib.9172
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, cesarib.9172 said:

Hello all,

Thanks Anet team for the wonderful changes you have implemented lately. Here are some personal features I would also like to see implemented.

1 - 360 full speed movement. We already have this feature implemented in action cam, but I think it would be even more valuable in regular cam. This would remove the need for an "about face" keybind, which in my opinion is an unnecessary skill barrier.

2 - Keybinds per Spec - This is such an important change to make the different game mechanics on each class and spec feel more fluid and confotable to play. ArcDPS has this feature and I find it absolutely necessary, but I think it would work better if it was implemented natively.

3 - Collapsible buffs - It would be nice if you could collpase the buff icons to hide permanant buffs and buffs with long durations. This would clean up the buff bar and make it more useful.

4 - Make the hands, head, shoulder and back slots have a blank skin in the wordrobe, instead of a togglable option. This way we could have it show in one equipment template and not in other ones. 

Thank you

For Back Items:  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Spineguard_(skin)