[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

Underwater Mechanist, when? 👀♥ It's a pain to switch to Holosmith just to not suffer underwater when I fish.

Mechanist also can't provide alacrity during the underwater fractal, Leviathan, and other scenarios. For fractals, it's expensive to switch to another toon and spend fractal pots, utils, and food just for one T4 fractal.

Underwater Ranger Pets and underwater Necro Flesh Golem exist.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

On 7/17/2021 at 9:50 PM, RoflCat.9827 said:

Expanding on something I posted before.

Make Legendaries usable by lv 1 character and just have their stat grow with character level.

If not that

Adds leveling equipment (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Leveling_equipment) to leg armory or give us something similar to it to store them (like if you can upgrade them to leg version so they can be added to armory)

I am running into this problem for a few months now. I play very casually, switch between main and alts, and i love crafting the extraordinary things (for myself), like account bound leveling equipment. Sadly, these armor and weapons take up a lot of space and require that they are stored where all my chars have acces to them, the bank. I do not have any legendary equipment, but from what I have read and seen, I would really appreciate a system similar to the legendary armory for my (crafted) account bound (leveling) gear. 🙂

• Sad 1

For Jormag's variants of legendary weapons, eliminate completely the white mist.

I was playing with my graphics options, and somehow I managed to eliminate completely the ugly white mist from my Jormag's Claw: no longer 30-meter pillar of white mist when unsheathing, no longer white mist from handle to elbow when wielding, no longer hip-high white mist over footprints.

Without the visually-pollutant white mist I realised that (1) the footprints have slick, dark-blue stalagmites along the blue lightnings, and (2) the weapon has small, beautiful snowflakes floating around when sheathed or wielded.

I ignore if either ANET did the change, I managed to get a combo of graphics, or I hit a glitch. But all of a sudden the Jormag's variant became my favourite legendary flavour ever, by miles. And I confess I actually cried of joy: I finally could enjoy the exquisite Jormag's design as it was conceived.

Please, ANET, if this was a glitch, keep it and eliminate the white mist forever.

Edited by Meva.8327
  • Sad 2

6 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Might have been caused by 'Render Sampling' or 'Postprocessing'.  You could try playing with those, again.

EDIT:

I found the culprit: shaders.

With shaders low the white ugly mist appears, but with medium or high it disappears.

But my point stands: people with shaders low should not suffer the ignominious white mist. I would rather not have footprints and animations instead of the white mist.

Edited by Meva.8327

21 hours ago, Meva.8327 said:

For Jormag's variants of legendary weapons, eliminate completely the white mist.

I was playing with my graphics options, and somehow I managed to eliminate completely the ugly white mist from my Jormag's Claw: no longer 30-meter pillar of white mist when unsheathing, no longer white mist from handle to elbow when wielding, no longer hip-high white mist over footprints.

Without the visually-pollutant white mist I realised that (1) the footprints have slick, dark-blue stalagmites along the blue lightnings, and (2) the weapon has small, beautiful snowflakes floating around when sheathed or wielded.

I ignore if either ANET did the change, I managed to get a combo of graphics, or I hit a glitch. But all of a sudden the Jormag's variant became my favourite legendary flavour ever, by miles. And I confess I actually cried of joy: I finally could enjoy the exquisite Jormag's design as it was conceived.

Please, ANET, if this was a glitch, keep it and eliminate the white mist forever.

Seconding this

Also, the brightness of the Aurene and Jormag variants also triggers migraines. Goodness forbid it triggers epilepsy in people.

Edited by Chrysline.2317
  • Like 1

I would love LWS6 to implement a new feature maybe involving the Jade Bot to sort out items. Give it or toggle on say a Pile of Bloodstone Dust and watch it go off and collect all of that item from all alts and bring them to me. Maybe even giving storage spots to a lot of items that feel like they should go in storage anyways. Like idk why the Crafter's Backpack Frame has a material storage slot but a lot of cooking things do not.

Make items that are only valuable as parts of collections when you have that part of the collection done sell when you sell all junk... because it's junk at that point? No?

Putting the compact button in the bank tabs would be nice and the deposit all materials button as well could also put all your items in the bank slot from your inventory in there.

Someone in my guild suggested having the new mount be something multiple people could board and be a flying mount. I said they should put some jade tech on the skiff to make it able to fly around too also acts as a floating platform which could be could or could break stuff I'm not sure.

I still think old maps should be used when doing the personal story as we now have the map it would be cool if we could go to Old LA during the quests that take place there before LWS1 ending. Maybe just making the whole map instance without vendors. It's so disconnected to go back and forth with new and old LA during those quests and they aren't good already so more pain isn't helping any new players that would be confused by that already.

Also I am sure it was mentioned a lot but the new profession icons displaying tooltip thing would be a lot cooler if it was included in the tooltip when hovering a player in the squad boxes.

• Confused 1

I want to do some suggestions after suffering some kind of things in game,

1.  On pve content, mostly on meta events, here is 2 suggestions that i have to share, 

1.1 Can u add something like WvW Queue when the map is full?, is super annonying spamming a lot of time and isnt even easy the system to join instances when are full and u are on a squad doing this, so u can just safely hit on queue for swap instances, and when u have the oportunity u can join in that instance, instead of spamming a lot and first get tired trying to get in; and thats give me a bit of a solution for  this full instances when u are in a squad, ik im not going to suggest to dont let ppl get in into a map without being on a squad, i have a better idea for it

1.2 Can u add a system while a map is doing meta event, to quick ppl from instances when they are afk for a X amount of time, based on participation or doing events part of the meta, like pre events, chain, and others, bc in mostly of the cases there is a lot of ppl leeching meta, while is a lot of ppl trying to get in into the same instance of his/her squad, so isnt fair for ppl who want to participate on a meta spamming a lot of time to never get in, and leeching staying while afk and letting the rest of ppl doing the thing, it happens a lot on maps like Dragon's End while meta is active, but being honest is something that happens in mostly of maps when meta is up.

1.3  This one is about set a bar of boons and conditions  that highlight when u have each, so u can know how to better now, for example i can set first spot of boons for Stab, so i can go and check quick with my eyes if i have that specific boon active so i can safely take a cc hit, or if i dont have it i can evade safely, without wasting my energy bars, and this same for the rest of the boons, is kinda awkward trying to check if u have a boon, when they always move bc the rest of buffs and boons u are getting and losing, so we cant found if have a boon or not on time, and be forced on always spam evades, this improvement would help a lot mostly on competitive modes, bc u are always fixing, nerfing or improving stab, and CC skills, this would really help those ppl that like to fight effiicently instead of spamming, so u get rewarded by playing based on ur own abilities as player instead of playing a build that can have multi breakstuns, multi cc or multi stab.

1.4 Another usggestion that i want to do, is about some bosses at least add this from champion bosses to legendary ones, when u using a class like ranger, or some kind of runes like infiltration ones, usually there is not a visual help for u to help to know where a u hitting if u are hitting on a flank or in the back, so this prob help ppl that play that kind of traits if u add a visual help that let u know when are u in the flank and when are u in the back, prob can be with colours, like when u get a mechanic on a raid and the edge of the screen get a yellow color, that let u know that u get a mechanic, prob u can add some kind of visual help based on light, or a bar or something so u can take advantage of ur build, it happens on some fight or bosses, in raids, fractals, and pve when u cant see the target in the ground, so worst u can see where are u hitting, this could help.

2.0 And finally a suggestion about Vindicator, is  very awkward when u are in Legendary Alliance Stance, and u doing damage and have to move to support side, to get a skill that drain u constantly the energy maintenance points, so u lose a lot dps, that makes this legend doesnt fit whit the type of combat, so is better to use another legend that isnt clunky, so the suggestion is, can u merged both elite sides of this legend alliance stance, prob idk how to recommend u to do this, but u can check, is that posssible to gives the same elite merged on both sides of the alliance stance, to make this less clunky so we can use more efficiently this alliance stance

Tyvm, hope anyone check my suggestions, have a nice day

Edited by BolitaDeQueso.5981
adding more info that i forget
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

On 11/30/2022 at 8:24 PM, Chrysline.2317 said:

Also, the brightness of the Aurene and Jormag variants also triggers migraines. Goodness forbid it triggers epilepsy in people.

Agreed.

In my whole gaming life I never had migraines with colours and effects. However, Aurene's variant really gave me migraines for the first time. I found that it is the yellow + purple combination on unsheath and footprints that provoke my migraines.

Oddly enough, the other variants are perfectly fine with any degreee of shaders, thankfully including Jormag: it is my favourite theme in all GW universe, so if I was getting migraines I would really be sobbing nonstop.

Edited by Meva.8327
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, McWelp.1723 said:

This most likely has been suggested about half a million times, but can we perhaps improve trading post filters a bit? Ability to search something i havent unlocked yet would be very much appreciated (skins, dyes, etc...)

Whilst you await implementation of your suggestion, you can see most/all of the dyes you haven't unlocked in the Dye tab; you can right click on them to see how much they cost in the Trading Post. 

Same with the Wardrobe for most armors/weapons. 

My special buff bar is regularly overflowing.

I had to move the map to the top-right corner to see buff food duration and weapon stacks consistently.

The example is in PvE, but also in WvW.

Can Anet maybe divide the special buffs into a third row?

One for buffs from traits and skills, like mechanist-sigils, pinpoint-distribution, assassin's presence etc.

And one for buffs from banners, food, enhancers.

https://i.imgur.com/DMJzbu6.jpg

• Like 2

I agree with needing a "Map is Full" queue mostly because of Dragon's End. If it was possible to just click once to be added to a queue of people waiting along with the number of people in the queue, it would allow people to either keep playing the game on the map they are on without having to get the "World is Full" message repeatedly. If the queue has a lot of people, it might help with the possiblity of creating & filling another squad in a reasonable time. Either way, enjoyment of the game would be increased by being able to make decisions faster & easier with one click. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I'm going to keep this post short.
Based on my post history I've mentioned it before, I'd love a disability feature for Auto-Catching fish, I'm not talking about any other sort of automation for fishing. I love the Skiff and Fishing dynamic, but the fishing "Mini-Game" the name everyone calls it, makes fishing impossible for a lot of people and very tedious for many people.
I hate the repetitive motion it does to my hand and I don't want carpel tunnel ever again.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 12/2/2022 at 8:02 PM, Dediggefedde.4961 said:

My special buff bar is regularly overflowing.

I had to move the map to the top-right corner to see buff food duration and weapon stacks consistently.

The example is in PvE, but also in WvW.

Can Anet maybe divide the special buffs into a third row?

One for buffs from traits and skills, like mechanist-sigils, pinpoint-distribution, assassin's presence etc.

And one for buffs from banners, food, enhancers.

https://i.imgur.com/DMJzbu6.jpg

Seconding this. With all boons, banners, food & util, boosters, map special effects, unique profession boons...
Even removing the map doesn't resolve the clutter problem of it all.

Also, some professions make it hard to monitor some things like the Prototype Position Rewinder's 30 second countdown. My Firebrand's tomes and aegis icons regularly overpower it as the first in the list of boons, making it super hard to check the timer since it moves around. Especially when managing a lot of other things like gliding and not dying.

Edited by Chrysline.2317
  • Like 1

Daily Home Instance gathering over the years can get tedious.

Can you enable the ability for us to use mounts inside the home instance?

After grinding the EXP, MPs, mats, gold, and collection needed to unlock mounts, the player deserves their convenient use in such a repetitive chore.

Edited by Chrysline.2317
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

QoL Request:

Let people disable targeting on CTRL+Left Click. I, for example, have CTRL bound as my 'About Face' and many times I accidentally will put a target on someone when using 'About Face' combined with Left Click to prevent the camera from turning. This accidental targeting isn't just annoying for yourself but can be annoying for other players and potentially cause issues in group coordination. 
There is really no reason for this to not be something you can disable and severally limits the options to use CTRL in your keybinds. Please let us disable it. Thanks.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1