[Suggestions]QoL (Quality of Life) Ideas [Merged]

ginryu.3026

I know the feature is still in the doing.

I play wvw only with standard models for foes and allies and even set the graphic model quality to lowest so that almost everything is replaced by (non-distracting) standard models.

At the moment it is also applied to the new cosmetic inspection feature. Means I only see the standard model in the preview. I'd like it to be the only place where I can see how the player sees his own character (I know it counters the lowest quality settings for model, but please...).
Sometimes someone says he wears a new something but I can't see it (because it is a hassle to play around in the settings every time) and this new feature would offer me an easy opportunity.

edit: How it looks for me now: https://i.postimg.cc/yxxX0DGD/gw440.jpg

...can't even see the backitem 😞

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Confused 2

To incentivise map completion post-core game, I'd like to suggest reworking the "gold star" displayed next to player's nameplates for map completion:

• Bronze Star - Core map completion
  • Bronze Star w/ Emerald - Core/LS1/LS2 map completion (Southsun, Dry Top, Silverwastes)
  • Silver Star - HoT map completion
  • Silver Star w/ Saphire- HoT/LS3 map completion
  • Gold Star - PoF map completion
  • Gold Star w/ Ruby - PoF/LS4 map completion
  • Gold Star w/ Diamond - PoF/LS4/IBS map completion
  • Platinum Star - EoD map completion
  • Platinum Star w/ Obsidian - EoD/SotO map completion

Completing a new region would upgrade the map completion star.

I think this would be a nice nod to characters who've explored all of Tyria.

Edited by Slushey.8236
  • Confused 4

loading screen is like a trophy cabinet... and sometimes vets spend alot of time there while sorting other stuff out. 

have option check box to show backpiece and infusion leg weapons etc. also check box displaying titles behind and mega achievements 

this space could be used soo much more 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Legendary weapons, armor, and other items are highly valuable in the game and are obtained with considerable effort. Seeing them disappear as soon as they're created is strange. The only way to view them is in the equipment panel, but this only provides a character-specific view. For something as important as the Legendary Armory, a dedicated tab is needed where players can see everything they've unlocked, what's missing, and reread the lore.

• Like 11

On 4/17/2024 at 2:59 PM, Darkvramp.5640 said:

Can we get a a consistent terminology of things that drop in game. Like if it is a junk item it is meant to be sold.  Some junk items are called trophies, some junk items can be used for hearts, some heart items are junk items.

THERE HAS TO BE CONSISTENCY

Itemization is a mess, because of a lack of classification like this.

agreed. 

and can we have a small vendor value on all the stuff that doesn't have anything to do with it after finishing the heart/event/etc and the karma things that won't salvage too. deleting things I no longer need feels bad to me.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

This is a request for a QoL tweak to the crafting UI.  I've not the slightest idea if it's been brought up before, bc scrolling through 405 pages of a single post is quite simply infeasible.  Having said that --

When crafting, you are given the choice to select whether or not to display recipes for your current or any lower tier of item you're worked through.  This works beautifully on your very first toon.

All subsequent toons, however, are forced to maintain selection of all higher-tiered crafting options, which, in a relatively quite short time, equates to a pointless sea of reddened items you won't be able to craft until the Master or Grandmaster levels, making scrolling through at all earlier times needlessly tedious and error-prone.  (Oddly, this doesn't always happen just as you start crafting on a new toon, and may be triggered after acquiring the first 100 or so crafting levels.  It's strangely inconsistent.)

Please make ALL checkboxes available for use for all subsequent toons.  If you think leaving them forced-off for all the profession pioneers on a new player's account is a nice spoiler-avoidance thing, great.  Leave things as they are for that player's very first toon working through the given discipline, but please give all subsequent ones the option to turn off the giant waterfall of red letters that make subsequent crafting a minor misery for those who choose to grandmaster multiple toons on their account.

Thanks!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, willow.8209 said:

agreed. 

and can we have a small vendor value on all the stuff that doesn't have anything to do with it after finishing the heart/event/etc and the karma things that won't salvage too. deleting things I no longer need feels bad to me.

Equip a Jade Bot Recycler Sensory Array Module and junk junk gets turned into Jade Slivers or Karma. Junk with value will be ignored so that can be sold. Jade Slivers is currency to buy some good things that you really could use.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Carnius Magius.8091 said:

Equip a Jade Bot Recycler Sensory Array Module and junk junk gets turned into Jade Slivers or Karma. Junk with value will be ignored so that can be sold. Jade Slivers is currency to buy some good things that you really could use.

that's a great fix for "all these hundreds of different types of junk items fill up my bag spots and could I maybe get items that are more useful"

unfortunately, it doesn't fix "this trophy is what, an event or heart item I would need to wiki to find out where it goes? If the heart NPC even accepts trophies after doing the heart. Can't be vendored, so delete? Maybe I didn't even finish the heart or it's repeatable, is it worth the bag space to save?"

or "this was a great item I bought from the heart vendor/ got from my story quest, but now that I have the skin, I don't need the item anymore--it can't be salvaged or sold so, apparently just delete?"

or "I think this trophy might be for a collection I haven't opened yet? It didn't sell as junk, doesn't have a useful legend, and also doesn't have a collection on right click menu. So maybe I can vendor or delete it? Or I could save it just to be sure?

or "how many sonic periscope logs do i actually need to turn in? Maybe I should finish that one collection.

a lot of those kinds of things can only be deleted (or potentially turned in if you travel to that one particular NPC). Some of the same types of items (random trophies that don't seem to go to anything as far as you can tell) do have a vendor value, but others don't. 

And like Dark said, the usage of "trophy" is ambiguous since it refers to more than one type/usage of item. 

We could have "hunting trophies" (the stuff you can sell as junk), "collection trophies", and "quest trophies". Or totally different names for all 3. 

Edited by willow.8209
  • Confused 2