Bag Slot Expansion's in the Wizard Vault

There's a lot of ways to improve the selection of items in general. It would be nice for new players who just reached level 80 to have something useful as well, like a set of exotic armor or accessories. A 20 slot bag,  a makeover kit, miniature or miniature ticket … Like I said: There are enough ways to expand the selection, as long as it's bound by a reasonable price. I would gladly take a miniature instead freaking Obsidian Shards or Vision Crystals.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

I would gladly take a miniature instead freaking Obsidian Shards or Vision Crystals.

At first, when the Wizard's Vault released I thought it was kitten that they added obsidian shards and vision crystals as rewards, but I changed my mind about it.

People that use Obsidian Shards, will use many of them, and they require a lot of karma... but new players don't really have a lot of it. Each Vision Crystal requires 20 spirit shards + 30 obsidian shards. For the long time players it seems like a waste but for new players it can be a good option if they are going for ascended gear as soon as they hit level 80.

On my main account (almost 12 years playing on it), I have plenty karma and spirit shards, so it doesn't matter.. but on my alt account I actually had to get the Vision Crystals so I'd save a lot of spirit shards, karma and obsidian shards for other things.

So I guess that when they thought of the rewards for the Wizard's Vault, they considered new players as well.

Edited by leila.7962
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

Would be nice yeah

Not sure if it will happen though

Think it's more the things that people rarely buy that ends up in there

But it's not out of the question

1 bag slot from time to time could happen sure

They already done some bonus event that rewarded a bag slot

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

But I actually don't think it would be too bad a strategy to reward some

It would probably make people more likely to purchase more of them

Since when you first experience more bag slots, it's feels like a nerf to continue with other alts that have less space

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

Since when you first experience more bag slots, it's feels like a nerf to continue with other alts that have less space

Funny enough, I have 2 bag slot expansions in storage that I'm not using because I don’t want to be looking at different inventory sizes on different characters. Never used one, never have been tight for space. Just five 24 slot bags on every character. I always wonder what rubbish people are stuffing in their bags to need so much space.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

Funny enough, I have 2 bag slot expansions in storage that I'm not using because I don’t want to be looking at different inventory sizes on different characters. Never used one, never have been tight for space. Just five 24 slot bags on every character. I always wonder what rubbish people are stuffing in their bags to need so much space.

You can go for long periods of time without having to worry about emptying/managing bags.

I can do one big cleanup when my bags is starting to get full. This can take months.

(I do salvage and sell junk pretty often though. But this is really easy to do ofc)

If this is not something you care about, then no need to get more

It's for convenience at the end of the day

Also useful when crafting, salvaging etc

Edited by jokke.6239
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

You can go for long periods of time without having to worry about emptying/managing bags.

I can do one big cleanup when my bags is starting to get full. This can take months.

(I do salvage and sell junk pretty often though. But this is really easy to do ofc)

If this is not something you care about, then no need to get more

It's for convenience at the end of the day

Also useful when crafting, salvaging etc

I clean up whenever I have a minute, that's all the time it takes. Salvage, deposit, merch, bank, once per hour or so. It's taking me longer to write this post than to clean up my inventory. In a game where you spend much of the time for things to start happening, there are plenty of opportunities to spend that minute it takes me.

Edited by Manasa Devi.7958
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I clean up whenever I have a minute, that's all the time it takes. Salvage, deposit, merch, bank, once per hour or so. It's taking me longer to write this post than to clean up my inventory

Well if you do it every hour, this can take you away from the action

You might have trouble getting into a full map again, or having to run back in WvW or an instance

Some would prefer not to spend time managing bags every hour, it's as simple as that

If you don't mind it, cool

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

Well if you do it every hour, this can take you away from the action

You might have trouble getting into a full map again, or having to run back in WvW or an instance

Some would prefer not to spend time managing bags every hour, it's as simple as that

If you don't mind it, cool

I never leave a map for any of that. I have all the tools I need in my permanent inventory slots. I clean up while waiting for a meta to start. In fractals I clean up while waiting for someone to catch up. In WvW I clean up in the time it takes the rest of my squad to harvest nodes after conquering an objective, or even while running to the next one. One advantage of having a small inventory is that I can have it open without my screen beng too obscured to play. There are so many dead moments in this game, not taking advantage of them to keep my inventory clean would be a waste of time.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I never leave a map for any of that. I have all the tools I need in my permanent inventory slots. I clean up while waiting for a meta to start. In fractals I clean up while waiting for someone to catch up. In WvW I clean up in the time it takes the rest of my squad to harvest nodes after conquering an objective, or even while running to the next one. One advantage of having a small inventory is that I can have it open without my screen beng too obscured to play. There are so many dead moments in this game, not taking advantage of them to keep my inventory clean would be a waste of time.

The inventory is resizeable

So you are using other convenience items. Items I could make the same arguments towards. 

You can just spend a minute doing it in some other way

But you enjoy the convenience it brings

It's as simple as that

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

You should have seen my bank before I spent an hour or so tidying it!

• Confused 1

56 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

The inventory is resizeable

So you are using other convenience items. Items I could make the same arguments towards. 

You can just spend a minute doing it in some other way

But you enjoy the convenience it brings

It's as simple as that

I don't have to resize it, advantage of it being so small. It just fits snugly in the side of my screen. Having a small inventory with convenience items to easily manage it makes for far more convenience than more bag space. More bag space just leads to putting off cleaning it out until it takes a long time to work through it.

• Confused 2

36 minutes ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I don't have to resize it, advantage of it being so small. It just fits snugly in the side of my screen. Having a small inventory with convenience items to easily manage it makes for far more convenience than more bag space. More bag space just leads to putting off cleaning it out until it takes a long time to work through it.

Again, whatever works for you. Cool!

We're going to go in circles here

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

like a set of exotic armor

Each Orr temple has one. Trade for karma.

Temple of Grenth/Cathedral of Silence, south in Cursed Shore, has the popular berserker set. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Keeper_Jonez_Deadrun

But I rather bought the berserker set from the tp. It's cheap and easier to get. https://gw2efficiency.com/tradingpost?filter.search.term=devona&filter.category.value=0

10 hours ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

A 20 slot bag

You get a 24 slot bag for free https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/free-24-slot-bag-with-newsletters/

A 20 slot bag from an easy achievement https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Uncanny_Canner

33 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

You have a billion notifications!

Oh .. just someone who is really confused again 🤣

Any way to turn these notifications off from emoji reactions?

Edit: found it

I got 12 in a few minutes time. Not the first time either. Some people must be really bored going through other people's post history like that. I don't want to disable notifications because it disables it for responses as well. I only check for actual responses, ignoring all the rest.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Inssengrimm.7924 said:

Half the items in the wizard's vault are traps.

Either a bag slot or a big bag (24 or 28 with an upgrade path to 32) would be much better than half the things in there. 

Yes, items with their gold value spanning from 40 to 125 gold would rather obviously be "better than half the things in there", I doubt anyone -including anet- is unaware of that.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Lucy.3728 said:

Each Orr temple has one. Trade for karma.

Temple of Grenth/Cathedral of Silence, south in Cursed Shore, has the popular berserker set. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Keeper_Jonez_Deadrun

But I rather bought the berserker set from the tp. It's cheap and easier to get. https://gw2efficiency.com/tradingpost?filter.search.term=devona&filter.category.value=0

You get a 24 slot bag for free https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/free-24-slot-bag-with-newsletters/

A 20 slot bag from an easy achievement https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Uncanny_Canner

It's about new players/fresh level 80 players (obviously).

12 minutes ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

Aren't there alreadey plenty of sources of exotic gear, including the trading post?

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Maria Murtor.7253 said:

Well of course.

Everybody else wouldn't need that way for some exotic armor and wouldn't need a newsletter bag or an easy achievement. Would all be done.

Ppl a bit longer playing have stats select armor chests in the bank and can buy stats select whatever-you-want from an npc in wvw. Along with some ascended stuff.

I've 4 accounts and equipped them like written. From tp and map merchants.

Since the vault exists it's even easier and faster because of the gold you get there.

I played them like a new player. Doing story, equipping what dropped or I got from level/story rewards and buying either the lvl 80 berserker armor from Orr or buying stuff from the tp. Even my breathers were from some Orr merchant.

Edited by Lucy.3728

15 hours ago, Dibit.6259 said:

Would be nice but considering they are an purchaseable gemstore item I don't see them being more than special reward like the mount skin, chair, infusion etc

Well, they did Build Templates and Build Storages three times in a row now. So there's at least some hope that a different gemshop item of the account upgrade variety could take that slot in the future. I personally would hope for Gear Templates, but Bag Slots or Character Slots would also come from this set of items.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1