SAB Ideas for 2025 and beyond

I'm not going to lie SAB is my favourite event for the entire year. Like I'll book annual leave just for this event. I have some ideas for the next festival 

1. The SAB logging tool but I think it could be cool to see a SAB Choya Mining tool and maybe a Raccoon ohr Hillbilly or villager harvesting tool to complete the set.

2. It would be awesome to see a full mount collection I think the skyscale and roller beatle would look awesome.

3. Crimson Tokens for the Crimson Assassin collection. Boi that is a mission to finish it legitimately takes 4-6 events to complete. Could we possibly see an increase in crimson assassin tokens from the daily/ weekly or a way to trade other SAB currency for them. As a new player in 2020 seeing the event for the first time and seeing it's impossible to collect less then one third of that collection or to find out that this collection take almost 4-6 years to collect is a bit on the extreme considering SAB is still unfinished.

4. Buying heals in stores in the zones buying 9 health potions 1 by 1 is slightly frustrating. I know from talking with a dev that the stores in the zones are different to the rest of the main game but it would be a great QoL for the event. 

5. If and when we see the rest of world 3 and 4 maybe we could see the SAB event twice a year. have worlds 1-2 available in april for the 3-4 weeks it runs for then have world 3 and 4 available for 3-4 weeks some time after halloween but before wintersday. 

6. It would be awesome to see new weapon skins collections like the toad and wizard skins. Colour options I think could be cool could be purple for world 3 and maybe world 4 can colour cycle between the other skin colours.

7. The cosmetic infusions again once we see world 3-4 you maybe we could see two new colours.  Colour wise I was thinking maybe have world 3 be similar to the fire particle effect from the bears in 201. Then world 4 could be purple or have other cosmetic unlocks like green or have one that colour cycles.

Anyhow that's my 10c worth. Love the game keep up the awesome work and I'm definitely down to beta test tribulation mode for world 3 😉 just say when

Regards 

GW2 Biggest SAB fan

MiTxGamer.1976

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

I also have noticed when running tribulation mode when running it solo the part where you have to push the portals has an issue. you can't hold the balloon and use the flute or torch to shatter/melt the ice to get the block through. so essentially you have to run the puzzle then die to then collect ballon again to get the cp cloud should you wish to use it to minimise the run back.   

• Confused 1

last ideas for future 2 new titles once world 3 and 4 are complete. Have world 3 called Masters in applied Jumping and world 4 PhD in Applied Jumping. Also I think if an when we see all 4 worlds up and running might be worth having the event run a extra week. Or as mentioned above run it twice a year for 3 weeks each. world 1  and 2 at start of the year then 3-4 towards the end of the year.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

lot of great ideas above.  i think the one i agree with most is SAB twice a year. some of the other annual festival are really low on content feels like this one could come in twice a year maybe during the summer. ones that feel fast are like dragon bash and festival of four winds content wise. 

I think SAB might be more polarising than some of the other festivals. I for one would prefer it remains just once a year because, while it looks like it could be fun, it’s also massive and I don’t have time to learn the game within the game.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

I think SAB might be more polarising than some of the other festivals. I for one would prefer it remains just once a year because, while it looks like it could be fun, it’s also massive and I don’t have time to learn the game within the game.

It also takes a good chunk of players away from "regular" content which can make the game look less populated.  Probably not in Anet's best interest, especially with the current doom and gloom crowd of late.

• Sad 1

On 5/8/2024 at 4:27 PM, Shadows Creed.3902 said:

lot of great ideas above.  i think the one i agree with most is SAB twice a year. some of the other annual festival are really low on content feels like this one could come in twice a year maybe during the summer. ones that feel fast are like dragon bash and festival of four winds content wise. 

It originally released as a two part event in 2013 so precedent exists, but it's set up and reworked as an annual festival now. We already have a fairly crowded festival calendar. I'm not really seeing the need for it being twice a year

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Randulf.7614 said:

It originally released as a two part event in 2013 so precedent exists, but it's set up and reworked as an annual festival now. We already have a fairly crowded festival calendar. I'm not really seeing the need for it being twice a year

yep aware that it was a 2 part event in 2013.  I don't think it takes away from another festival vs just being out again a 2nd time of the year.     Some of the ones i pointed out you get thru the annuals and there is very little to do outside of it.  Could add to it vs just making it a this or that situation.  

• Confused 2