Why are axe skills following terrain ???

It's strange that the only projectiles in the game that would benefit from being shot up in the sky are stopped from doing so.

It's especially strange since theif axe skills are not actually terrain locked, like fellow terrain following skills would be (example : elementalist staff 5). You can check this by targeting an aerial enemy in Soto, you can hit them with the axe skills without an issue and the axe will remain in the air.

However, if you have no target and zoom in in first person and try to hit in the sky, something that works on pistol, shortbow or rifle, your projectile will fly forward, as if being terrain locked, despite that not being the case.

All this is too wierd to call it a bug for sure, and I'm just sad I can't call axes from the sky upon my enemies. Thoughts ?

Axe by design is terrible. This is not a surprise to anyone.

They basically tried to implement what sounded "cool" in their head into practice and it failed...as it was bound to do.

They will now take this failure and lessons learned and implement a better type of weapon with similar style of mechanics on one of the other 8 classes. This is what they have been doing since 2015. Using thief as the testing class to try some weird stuff and implement better versions of it on other classes later on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Asra.8746 said:

Axe by design is terrible. This is not a surprise to anyone.

They basically tried to implement what sounded "cool" in their head into practice and it failed...as it was bound to do.

They will now take this failure and lessons learned and implement a better type of weapon with similar style of mechanics on one of the other 8 classes. This is what they have been doing since 2015. Using thief as the testing class to try some weird stuff and implement better versions of it on other classes later on.

which is why i linger on the thief threads for a hope that thief will actually be great again. till then i rarely ever log in to the game

• Confused 3