[Suggestion] Being able to block people on the forums.

Odokuro.5049

@"Silmar Alech.4305" said:I also want to ignore one or the other person in a forum from time to time, because sometimes there are persons who don't write one single post where I feel I don't wasted my time by reading their post. They are not offensive, but they only write stuff I'm not interested in, only stuff that does not help any discussion, and only make me angry. They simply waste my time. To keep my mental sanity, I ignore those persons.

If you use uBlock Origin, you are able to make posts invisible from specific persons in this forum. Use this rule to block posts from "Joe Test User.1234", for example:guildwars2.com##ul.MessageList.DataList.Comments > li.Item:has(a[title^=Joe Test User.1234])Change the account name accordingly. You can add as many rules with different names as you wish. It only removes follow-up posts, not threads and not thread opening posts, and it also don't mess with PMs. Works only with uBlock Origin; Adblock plus lacks the :has() function.

Added it as a filter to uBlock and that worked. Thanks for the info!

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey guys,

Looking at the various configurations and add-on options, I do not see any option for blocking one member's view of another forum member's posts. Having participated in and/or administered forums that offer such a feature, I've noticed that blocking can result in issues with broken context and that may be why it's not an option. If someone wants to skip content from a certain member, I'd suggest they simply not read it. You know, "Nothing to see here, move along, move along." We don't review or approve third party programs, but there appear to be options in that area, as well.

@"Gaile Gray.6029" said:Hey guys,

Looking at the various configurations and add-on options, I do not see any option for blocking one member's view of another forum member's posts. Having participated in and/or administered forums that offer such a feature, I've noticed that blocking can result in issues with broken context and that may be why it's not an option. If someone wants to skip content from a certain member, I'd suggest they simply not read it. You know, "Nothing to see here, move along, move along." We don't review or approve third party programs, but there appear to be options in that area, as well.

Well then, I request for this thread to be deleted, since now, it serves no purpose, thanks.

In that light is there a way for you guys to add an option to highlight comments from certain users? It would make it easier to just ignore their posts, since you would only have to look for the highlighted ones instead of stopping to read everyone's name.

@Odokuro.5049 said:

Well then, I request for this thread to be deleted, since now, it serves no purpose, thanks.

The thread should at most be locked rather than deleted. The question will likely get asked sometime in the future and it does provide a 3rd party workaround.

As far as the issue, I just got into the habit of remember who are the trolls and then to ignore their posts by looking at the account name of who is posting before reading it. Thankfully the list only consists of one person so not that much required in remembering.

Archived