How i do +20k damage every hit and have infinite hp?

Start hacking and then get banned within a couple of days. 

If you want serious answers, there are so many factors that could mean life or death in WvW roaming. If you want builds, ask for builds, probably for something you like playing. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UNDEAD.6108 said:

I have been grinding WvW bit mainly for mystic clovers when WvW is only place to grind mystic clovers without needing to spend hundreds of gold to buy mystic coins but i have huge problem is that i constantly get one shotted in 1 vs 1 battles and no matter how i do damage to enemy player, the enemy always gets their hp to 100% every second no matter what kind build i use.

So this made me wondering how i able to do +20k damage every hit and have infinite hp like 99% of players i ended up with 1 vs 1 battle.

What class are you playing?

Can you give some specifics on what happened in your last roaming encounter?

3 minutes ago, Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

What class are you playing?

Can you give some specifics on what happened in your last roaming encounter?

Recently i have been playing as herald with shortbow celestial build but mostly i play as reaper with full berserker build.

I know they are bad builds for WvW but i can't make full WvW builds found in many sites when i only having 2 equipment slots and both i use for different elite specialition builds i use in open world content when i mostly play open world content and having full set of geat just for WvW takes way too much inventory space when i only have 100 slots on all my character except on my necromancer i have 104 slots  and my bank size is quite small and it's already full of stuff i need.

Today when i played WvW, i didn't ended up having 1 vs 1 encounters but in this week i got many 1 vs 1 encounters while i was moving to from main spawn area to area where is my team fighting and they all ended up me dying instantly and even if i did able to get few hits to the enemy player before they start using skills their hp simply gets back to 100% every second.

There was one 2-3 vs 1 encounter today where i and few other players from my team tried to kill single enemy player but the enemy player got away due to getting hp back to 100% every second, i didn't look what class the enemy player was but i know that it's one of those classes that can move extremely fast with the somekind of dash skills.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, UNDEAD.6108 said:

Recently i have been playing as herald with shortbow celestial build but mostly i play as reaper with full berserker build.

from those 2 equipment sets i would say the rev has a better roaming chance, especially if you are still learning as it should give you more time to actually see what is going on and learn what enemies are doing to apply damage/prevent damage/restore health.

i would suggest learning a roaming build for it, focusing at first mostly on what you yourself are running. what options do you have to stay alive, how do you kite with your build, how can you burst.  from there : what are your opponents doing to avoid your damage or make it hard for you to sustain and try to find way to deal with that etc.
understanding the encounters you have is key, but that is easier done in smaller steps.

now most (cele) revs i run into during roaming are either renegade or vindicator, do you have access to those specializations or are you limited to HoT specs? personally i don't roam enough on rev, but knowing what options you have will help more experienced rev roamers give you proper build/tips on what you can do.

2 hours ago, UNDEAD.6108 said:

I have been grinding WvW bit mainly for mystic clovers when WvW is only place to grind mystic clovers without needing to spend hundreds of gold to buy mystic coins but i have huge problem is that i constantly get one shotted in 1 vs 1 battles and no matter how i do damage to enemy player, the enemy always gets their hp to 100% every second no matter what kind build i use.

So this made me wondering how i able to do +20k damage every hit and have infinite hp like 99% of players i ended up with 1 vs 1 battle.

Do you have any video where we can see you play ? It's still the best way to understand what's happening and what kind of advice you need.

Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, UNDEAD.6108 said:

I know they are bad builds for WvW but i can't make full WvW builds found in many sites when i only having 2 equipment slots and both i use for different elite specialition builds i use in open world content when i mostly play open world content and having full set of geat just for WvW takes way too much inventory space when i only have 100 slots on all my character except on my necromancer i have 104 slots  and my bank size is quite small and it's already full of stuff i need.

Today when i played WvW, i didn't ended up having 1 vs 1 encounters but in this week i got many 1 vs 1 encounters while i was moving to from main spawn area to area where is my team fighting and they all ended up me dying instantly and even if i did able to get few hits to the enemy player before they start using skills their hp simply gets back to 100% every second.

There was one 2-3 vs 1 encounter today where i and few other players from my team tried to kill single enemy player but the enemy player got away due to getting hp back to 100% every second, i didn't look what class the enemy player was but i know that it's one of those classes that can move extremely fast with the somekind of dash skills.

😄

Well Reaper is easily kiteable for so many classes and to be honest, it's a just roamer's food. Then Herald isn't the best spec out there either. Like, cele can carry it in some situations, but most competent roamers can play around cele juuust fine. Getting either Vindi or Renegade would be better solution.
Tbh if I had to choose between Herald and Core, I'd probably play core too.

Guess either start working on equipment slots, inventory management or just get used to manually swapping everything in and out.

Edited by Vasdamas Anklast.1607

3 hours ago, UNDEAD.6108 said:

So are you using a build similar to your sPvP build?

1 hour ago, latlat.4516 said:

Do you have any video where we can see you play ? It's still the best way to understand what's happening and what kind of advice you need.

Sorry i don't have any gameplay videos and i will not start to record videos because it takes too much time to record hours of game playthen edit them and upload them.

1 hour ago, Vasdamas Anklast.1607 said:

😄

Well Reaper is easily kiteable for so many classes and to be honest, it's a just roamer's food. Then Herald isn't the best spec out there either. Like, cele can carry it in some situations, but most competent roamers can play around cele juuust fine. Getting either Vindi or Renegade would be better solution.
Tbh if I had to choose between Herald and Core, I'd probably play core too.

Guess either start working on equipment slots, inventory management or just get used to manually swapping everything in and out.

Yeah i noticed that reaper is not great in 1 vs 1 battle when reaper don't have any good movement skills.

I did try vindicator but i didn't like the mechanic at all and i haven't tried renegade when i still need like 90 skill points to fully unlock renegade.

48 minutes ago, Gop.8713 said:

You can get clovers from drizzlewood reward tracks in pve instead . . .

That's odd when looking GW2 wiki where mystic clovers can be obtained there is no mention of PvE drizzlewood reward tracks.

When i don't have access to the drizzlewood yet when i haven't done The Icebrood Saga story that far to unlock the drizzlewood area with any of my characters.

I know i can access drizzlewood area without doing The Icebrood Saga story by using teleport to friend but i don't want to start spam chat to get someone to teleport me to drizzlewood area.

39 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

So are you using a build similar to your sPvP build?

I don't use any PvP builds when i don't play PvP.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, UNDEAD.6108 said:

I think you met a willbender :p

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

They're in the chest that's rewarded at the last stage of each track before it repeats. Those chests are listed on the wiki page for mystic clovers. You don't have to spam map chat, you can just look for a group in lfg and tp to anyone in the map after you've joined the lfg . . .

30 minutes ago, Elricht Kaltwind.8796 said:

Do we really need a forum thread about how everyone else one-shots you and is invincible every time someone dies in WvW

well those will continue to appear until anet fixes their kitten game... right now the new trend is pistols willbender with practically all boons in the game on their own and seemingly infinite mobility but who cares about fixing game balance... it's fun after all isn't it?.............

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

52 minutes ago, Elricht Kaltwind.8796 said:

Do we really need a forum thread about how everyone else one-shots you and is invincible every time someone dies in WvW

Well sorry for making stupid topic so i will delete it now and i hope i get banned for posting this stupid topic

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, UNDEAD.6108 said:

Yeah i noticed that reaper is not great in 1 vs 1 battle when reaper don't have any good movement skills.

I did try vindicator but i didn't like the mechanic at all and i haven't tried renegade when i still need like 90 skill points to fully unlock renegade.

You should definitely give it another try some time later. It's one of those specs that people hate on nowadays, like "It's gotten too many dodges". Kinda funny to see that when it comes from either Shadow Arts DP thief or condi Mirage/Virtuosso.

7 hours ago, UNDEAD.6108 said:

I don't use any PvP builds when i don't play PvP.

I wouldn't recommend filling the role of a Roamer than since its going to be one of the roughest if you aren't used to WvW and don't do sPvP. I would recommend finding a tag instead and running with the main group. You will also to keep participation max and achieve your goal of acquiring the materials you were looking for that way faster than if you run alone. Hope that helps. 

• Like 2

On 5/11/2024 at 6:53 PM, UNDEAD.6108 said:

Sorry i don't have any gameplay videos and i will not start to record videos because it takes too much time to record hours of game playthen edit them and upload them.

most recording softwares allow you to hotkey a "start/stop record button", which you allows to greatly reduce the time you spend editing.

Recording your own gameplay to review it afterwards is the single most surefire way to detect mistakes and improve, I'd advice you at least try to record and review 5 minutes of fight every week or so. 

I mean, in the end, we can give you tips about builds, about general mistakes we often see in PvP beginners, and try to guess what is happening  for you to have that impression you get oneshot by tanky builds, but it will never come close to the quality of a gameplay review. 

@UNDEAD.6108, for the WvW side my guess is that you were firing off into Aegis skills, barrier, evades, or invuln frames.

For the clover side of the equation here are some things to do to get clovers other than WvW:

• You can do the Drizzlewood tracks to gain clovers without coins.
    • You can play there actively or trade in materials 1/day on 5 possible trades to gain progress that way. I try to do this daily.
  •  PvP tracks inside of a custom arena, ranked, or unranked with the appropriate reward tracks selected.
    • Custom Arenas are the one competitive area where Multiboxing is allowed, so you could log in on an alt account and grind tracks this way, but there is a gold cost to maintaining an arena, alleviated whole or in part via the alt account taking specific reward tracks. I haven't tried this personally, so I cannot vouch for how efficient it is.
  • Magic-Warped Bundle - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) also drop them. You can put gathering tools to maximize bonus gathers on each of your alt characters and do the winterberry farm on them daily. Then buy these in bulk, sell the non-clovers to make back your gold and/or profit. I've actually gotten a lot of my clovers this way for 'free.'
  • To minimize mystic coin use, you can also buy from the daily vendor. It takes the RNG out, so you avoid long streaks of bad luck and no clovers. I grab these when I remember to do so.
  • Lastly, you can get them via the Wizard's Vault, but I'm sure you knew that.
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 5/11/2024 at 11:37 AM, UNDEAD.6108 said:

Well sorry for making stupid topic so i will delete it now and i hope i get banned for posting this stupid topic

Stupidity is not a bannable offense. If it were, this forum (and game) would be pretty empty. If anything making a stupid topic fits in with the forums, not against it. And if it makes you feel any better, this is not anywhere near the stupidest posts on the forums.  (Just read the ranger subforum if you want that. I accidentally clicked a link to that and I actually went outside  to excise all the cringe.) 🙂

It is perfectly fine to be wrong, as long as you learn from it. And regardless some people have given some very useful advice; it's up to you if you want to take it or not.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 2