[PvP/WvW] Another Pistol Thread... buffs?

Saiyan.1704

A balance update is around the corner and I really hope Pistols gets some buffs, or QoL improvements.

The QoL side of things: I don't mind the requirement of needing to about-face the target in order to activate P2 and P4 (if you're not facing the target then it just goes on cd) except, the damage isn't really there to warrant this skill factor.

Damage: Currently, a single Trueshot on LB does more damage than a single fire of P4 + P2 put together... the overall damage of Longbow is ridiculously higher than Pistol/Pistol and that's troublesome. 2x usage of P4 can potentially dish out 8k damage which is impressive but a single 3k (if that) on P2 is laughable. The damage just isn't there for mainhand pistol.

I like the mechanic of P3 but it has the same issues as all of our other symbols does... no one is going to sit in it for the damage to work unless they're an NPC. Ever since Honor's symbol healing and Symbol radius nerfs... Guard symbolic builds basically died.

Anyways... I think Pistols has unique mechanics to be picked over other 1-hander weapons, they just need some number adjustments overall.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

On 5/12/2024 at 6:50 PM, Saiyan.1704 said:

Ever since Honor's symbol healing and Symbol radius nerfs... Guard symbolic builds basically died.

I know you are talking about pvp, but there was a symbol build for guard in wvw up until the last balance patch with the symbol from hammer autoattack and even that got nerfed once it gained some traction. So in general i don't think symbols are ever going to be buffed because anet doesn't like it for pvp/wvw