I would recommend doing that again in the future!

I bought the End of Dragons expansion with the intent of playing it after I had mostly completed Path Of Fire. Recently there was an event that was intended as an introduction, or preview to End of Dragons. I did that event, not expecting I would  actually enter Cantha. That did happen,  and I really enjoyed the entire introduction. I would recommend doing that again in the future!

I did run into an unexpected problem. Once I finished in Canta, the first event that came up was the Aetherblade Champion on his ship just south of Shing Jea Monastery. There were already others there so I joined in and received the Minaturized Skiff Engine.  I went back to open up the other areas of Cantha  and there was a big event going on in Dragon’s End. I joined a group and we won the most loot in any instance I’ve ever seen. (I’ve played since day 5 of the game). It included the Depleted Jade Siege Shell.

The problem is both those Items that I mentioned looting, are Jade Bot Components. I’d Never heard of Jade Bots and never heard of their components. I did a check on google and what I got was -

What are the rarity colors in Guild Wars2?

White = CommonBlue = UncommonPurple = Semi-RareGold = Rare.

Reddit was the same, just more specific.

No indication that white items should be kept for other purposes.

Having seen many specific names for common white loot, and confirming White as common, I sold them that night with lots of other loot. Once I found out what Jade Bots were, and what they need to work best, I thought, if I got them the first time, how hard can they be to get again? Well, I found out how extremely rare they are. It’s basically pointless without confirmation that a second component can be looted and I havent seen that anywhere.

Now I would NOT Recommend doing that type of introduction again in the future.

• Confused 14
  • Sad 1

Your second half of the post is invisible to dark mode users. You will need to repost as plain text otherwise it wont be readable

I sort of agree, but the reason you knew nothing about jade bots is you skipped to the final map of the expansion without learning on the way - Jade Bots and their mastery have a whole tutorial when you reach a certain point in the story. That is not the fault of Anet, they added in those tutorials and instructions en route to make things clear given they knew it would be people's first time to the game as well as Cantha. 

Having said that, a better tooltip on the item is not an unreasonable ask 

FYI, they aren't super rare. Yes they are a rare-ish drop from the relevant boss, but you can buy them from the vendor in Seitung and I think Arborstone

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Make sure you are not using the Guild Wars (One) wiki on Google; use the GW2 Wiki (link above).  Different 'colors' for rarities.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Depleted_Jade_Siege_Shell  (Orange/Gold Exotic)

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Miniaturized_Skiff_Engine  (Orange/Gold Exotic)

You can purchase both of these items from Myung-Hee   https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Myung-Hee#vendor7

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

The Jade bot level 3 components I recieved were white.  Of that I am positive. Why else would I check online? Perhaps it was because of the event type. More reason I would not recommend doing that type of event again.

• Confused 10

OK, I just purchased one of the Jade Bot level 3 components and it is indeed Orange or Gold. The reason I must have gotten white components before must have been because of the way that Introduction to EOD was setup.  I guess I can understand why, and I tend to agree that these components should not be part of that introduction. They are designed to be gained through regular game play. I found it odd enough to post here, and got my answer. Thanks for your replys!

• Haha 1
  • Confused 10
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I sort of agree, but the reason you knew nothing about jade bots is you skipped to the final map of the expansion without learning on the way - Jade Bots and their mastery have a whole tutorial when you reach a certain point in the story.

There's nothing in that tutorial that would help with OP's issue (warning that the seemingly "white" component is in reality quite rare and not easy to get back if discarded).

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

There's nothing in that tutorial that would help with OP's issue (warning that the seemingly "white" component is in reality quite rare and not easy to get back if discarded).

The piece you quoted was addressing why they had "never heard of jade bots" part of their complaint. I didn't address the "white" item issue as I don't understand it

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, Schimmi.6872 said:

If you want more information on items, one of the fastest way is to enter the chat-code /wiki + shift click on the item or just/wiki and the term / topic you are looking for.

OMG, thanks. Didn't know I can look up items that way. I used to type them in wiki xD

15 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I sort of agree, but the reason you knew nothing about jade bots is you skipped to the final map of the expansion without learning on the way - Jade Bots and their mastery have a whole tutorial when you reach a certain point in the story.

Starts first thing after you arrive in Kaineng.

When you get Jade Bot stuff dropped in Seitung though, a beginner will have no clue.

On the other hand, no one told me that I better store legendary fish because on the last map of EoD is a baby turtle that wants exactly the fish I salvaged before ;_;
(And collecting the rare ones is a good idea for an Arborstone trader too - at least rare fish isn't that rare as legendary fish)

Edited by Lucy.3728
  • Confused 1

12 hours ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Really confused by what you mean with that introduction event. Don't you only get to Cantha through doing the first story chapter of EoD? (if not using tp2f to skip)

I'm confused about that as well.

It sounds like the "Return To..." events Anet have run sometimes where you get bonus rewards for doing older parts of the game, but as far as I know they haven't done one for EoD.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Also if you discarded or deleted something by accident, can always contact support and tell them. Oftentimes they're quite helpful in restoring items that you accidentally deleted.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

21 hours ago, Tumult.2578 said:

I bought the End of Dragons expansion with the intent of playing it after I had mostly completed Path Of Fire. Recently there was an event that was intended as an introduction, or preview to End of Dragons. I did that event, not expecting I would  actually enter Cantha. That did happen,  and I really enjoyed the entire introduction. I would recommend doing that again in the future!

I did run into an unexpected problem. Once I finished in Canta, the first event that came up was the Aetherblade Champion on his ship just south of Shing Jea Monastery. There were already others there so I joined in and received the Minaturized Skiff Engine.  I went back to open up the other areas of Cantha  and there was a big event going on in Dragon’s End. I joined a group and we won the most loot in any instance I’ve ever seen. (I’ve played since day 5 of the game). It included the Depleted Jade Siege Shell.

The problem is both those Items that I mentioned looting, are Jade Bot Components. I’d Never heard of Jade Bots and never heard of their components. I did a check on google and what I got was -

What are the rarity colors in Guild Wars2?

White = Common. Blue = Uncommon. Purple = Semi-Rare. Gold = Rare.

Reddit was the same, just more specific.

No indication that white items should be kept for other purposes.

Having seen many specific names for common white loot, and confirming White as common, I sold them that night with lots of other loot. Once I found out what Jade Bots were, and what they need to work best, I thought, if I got them the first time, how hard can they be to get again? Well, I found out how extremely rare they are. It’s basically pointless without confirmation that a second component can be looted and I havent seen that anywhere.

Now I would NOT Recommend doing that type of introduction again in the future.

1. As most here, I find your post confusing. What does the rarity have to do with how an expansion starts?
2. Don't edit text outside of the forum's editor. It might become illegible to those using the Dark Mode theme.
3. There is a Guild Wars 2 Wiki that can answer pretty much every question regarding the game.
4. Rarities are: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Item#Rarity

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Tumult.2578 said:

The reason I must have gotten white components before must have been because of the way that Introduction to EOD was setup. 

What introduction to eod? Do you mean story missions? I don't remember them giving any "special common/white jade bot upgrades". I think you're just getting mount energy booster.

20 hours ago, Tumult.2578 said:

The Jade bot level 3 components I recieved were white.  Of that I am positive. Why else would I check online?

I don't understand the logic used here. Are you suggesting you checked for something online because it was white/common rarity? So... you wouldn't check if it was of a higher rarity? I don't get it.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

56 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I don't understand the logic used here. Are you suggesting you checked for something online because it was white/common rarity? So... you wouldn't check if it was of a higher rarity? I don't get it.

From the context it seems that if it was of a rare/exotic rarity, OPs feeling that the item might be important would conform with that item rarity, so they'd not think about checking (or about discarding the item). It's exactly because it was white that OP was not sure about item's importance and thought to check.

• Confused 5

20 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What introduction to eod? Do you mean story missions?

There are no reward given for completing the Prologue for the End of Dragons Story Missions.  No 'white' Jade Bot items given for the first Story Mission, as well.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Convergence_(story)#Rewards

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Old_Friends#Rewards

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

There are no reward given for completing the Prologue for the End of Dragons Story Missions.  No 'white' Jade Bot items given for the first Story Mission, as well.

Yes, I know, as far as I remember the only jade bot upgrade received from the early story is the one for mount energy (and it's still not "common"). There's a chance he started the story and happened to be around when the meta events started, which dropped the items for him (still not common unless somehow bugged, which is doubtful). So I really just want OP to explain what he's talking about.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

OK, sorry for the confusion. This was specifically about the event that was availabe for about 10 days and about a month before the Super Adventire Box started. I owned EOD but had not played any of it. This event took me to Cantha where it finished. After it finished, and before I logged out, I did two more events that rewarded Jade Bot 3 components. They were white colored components. I know now that they are not normally white, but since I was there because of the event, I was likely not supposed to loot those items under those conditions.

Suffice it to say that I can undestand why it would happen and it does not change my position (or the title) and do reccommend doing this type of content again. 

• Confused 3