Player vs. Player Updates (Discussion)

Posted (edited)

"On June 25, we’ll be introducing some quality-of-life and rewards improvements in preparation for the start of the next ranked season on July 2. To add some new build options, we’re introducing two new attribute amulets: Heretic (+1,000 power, +1,000 precision, +500 healing power, +500 ferocity) and Tyrant (+1,000 power, +1,000 condition damage, +500 precision, +500 toughness), and adding Ogre and Tormenting runes.

On the rewards front, our goal is to make ascended armor and weapons more accessible in PvP by increasing the number of grandmaster marks that can be earned each season and decreasing the number of ascended shards of glory needed to purchase ascended armor and weapons. We’ll also be reintroducing reward track potions and adding new sources for karma from PvP rewards. Finally, like the prestigious colored titles we’ve added for WvW and endgame PvE, we’ll be updating the Champion Brawler title awarded for winning 10,000 rated arena games to a colored version.

In the July 16 update, we’ll adjust the frequency of our daily automated tournaments to consolidate teams into fewer events and increase competitiveness. We’ll also add a new weekly tournament event on Sunday in each region that features increased rewards. This seems like a good time to mention that we’ll also be bringing back the Tournament of Legends event on a twice-yearly cadence—and we’ll be back in the near future to confirm the next event date.

We’ll also address some long-standing feedback on the Djinn’s Dominion map in the July 16 update by making some improvements to the secondary map objective and the associated special action skills."

Edited by ixon.2496
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Endorphin.9147 said:

If only they would make True Dragon or Champion Brawler colored. Wvw and Pve having colored titles kind of paints a picture for pvp.

" we’ll be updating the Champion Brawler title awarded for winning 10,000 rated arena games to a colored version."

They are...?

• Like 4

This was posted by a player. Where is the anet dev saying this?

2 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

" we’ll be updating the Champion Brawler title awarded for winning 10,000 rated arena games to a colored version."

They are...?

• Confused 3

20 minutes ago, Endorphin.9147 said:

I guess fortunately for me. Gives me a reason to rep my Champ Brawler 

I want the color to be either a HOT Fuchsia because I'm extra af, or Blood Red to match my enemy's periods.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Supernova Starr.2069 said:

Bunker season on the horizon, but I could've be wrong

It's not 900 toughness and doesn't has additional vitality.

About the healing power with ferocity stats, it doesn't has additional vitality.

Imo, just some more build options but noting that would cause that

Posted (edited)

Some people are probably happy because they wanted more stats. Even if it gives me some fun ideas I am a bit skeptical about the power amulet. Some weapons / traits were rebalanced with the lack of healing + dps options in mind (even last patch). The condi amulet seems harder to use vs sage but since vitality is easy to find on runes I can give it a try.

Weekly is a good idea and giving color to the title is welcome.

I am one of the few people liking Djinn’s dominion because there are more teamfights, the nodes are closer making rotations easier if you lose a fight. Making the skills easier to use could be nice as long as they do not swing the game too much.

Edited by aymnad.9023

2 minutes ago, Clumsy.7926 said:

Why make the Brawler title colored when you can literally be a silver player and get 10k wins eventually. Would make more sense to have the leaderboard titles colored.

the wvw one is the same way lol
they're just shiny titles for people who've been playing consistently for a long time, that's all

9 minutes ago, Clumsy.7926 said:

Why make the Brawler title colored when you can literally be a silver player and get 10k wins eventually. Would make more sense to have the leaderboard titles colored.

7 minutes ago, Shagie.7612 said:

the wvw one is the same way lol
they're just shiny titles for people who've been playing consistently for a long time, that's all

do you have the title?

8 minutes ago, Last Crab.6054 said:

do you have the title?

Nope. I took a very long pvp break after finishing the backpack. And during vanilla GW2. And a bunch of other times, cus there were lots of other active PvP games to play instead.

Anyways it'd be pretty cool if the leaderboard titles had colors too but Ultimate Brawler's in line with the WvW version.