For the love of Grenth PLEASE fix spectral grasp.

Make it unable to target ambient mobs. It's so infuriating for 2 or 3 of the 5 shots to waste themselves on  flies and frogs when there's a red named mob RIGHT BESIDE THEM. Then there's getting locked into combat until you figure out which random bug you need to kill in the massive 1200 range. At the very least add a tiny amount of damage so that it will kill them.

Thought this was just another rant about Spectral Grasp getting terrain blocked / missing a sidestepping target, which I'd +1 immediatly.

But this... I mean, if it pulls random frogs and flies to you, then you actually wanted to get into combat, no? And this kind of stuff should melt in no time anyway. And that mean red named mob beside them that didn't get pulled, doesn't put you into combat. Unless you still attack it or it attacked you from range already, that is. But I don't know, from all issues Spectral Grasp suffers, this is probably the last I'd look at.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Nash.2681 said:

Thought this was just another rant about Spectral Grasp getting terrain blocked / missing a sidestepping target, which I'd +1 immediatly.

But this... I mean, if it pulls random frogs and flies to you, then you actually wanted to get into combat, no? And this kind of stuff should melt in no time anyway. And that mean red named mob beside them that didn't get pulled, doesn't put you into combat. Unless you still attack it or it attacked you from range already, that is. But I don't know, from all issues Spectral Grasp suffers, this is probably the last I'd look at.

I'm talking about the ambient creatures that are completely unaffected by it and stay where they are but still lock you into combat. It eats one of the five shots and puts you in combat with no indication of WHAT is actually keeping you in combat after your actual targets are dead. The point is that it shouldn't be targeting random stuff like that when there's other actual enemies around that it will ignore. 

That does sound like a problem. I haven't experienced that yet since I hardly use it in PvE. In WvW I I like to slot Insidious Disruption to add damage, but I think since it doesn't actually pull torment would not be applied.

• 2 weeks later...