Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Mount skin dye options does not appear in the "Dyes" tab


Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I did purchase a new Mount Select License and I got the skin but I can't find "Mounts" button in the "Dyes" tab

Update: I just got a reply from the Customer support, they contacted the proper department and assured me that I need to own PoF expansion, thanks for everyone

Edited by Bedomoslimany.8927
Update in the issue
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Bedomoslimany.8927 said:

I did purchase a new Mount Select License and I got the skin but I can't find "Mounts" button in the "Dyes" tab

It should be a little horseshoe icon next to the helmet icon (which is selected by default for dying armor).

If it is not there, do you have the Path of Fire expansion? I remember seeing something a while back where a player mentioned being unable to dye mounts without PoF even though they had access through End of Dragons. If that was the case, I'd hope it could be fixed, especially since people do spend money on mount skins and should have access to dying them.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Tanek.5983 said:

It should be a little horseshoe icon next to the helmet icon (which is selected by default for dying armor).

If it is not there, do you have the Path of Fire expansion? I remember seeing something a while back where a player mentioned being unable to dye mounts without PoF even though they had access through End of Dragons. If that was the case, I'd hope it could be fixed, especially since people do spend money on mount skins and should have access to dying them.

No it's not showing up, I saw something about PoF as well but when I asked the Support team they requested that I report a bug and didn't tell that I need to aquire PoF

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If you care to, you can search for the other threads on this topic;  so far, this 'bug' (if it is, indeed, a bug and not intended) has yet to be addressed in all this time.  🤷‍♂️

I don't know, but the support told me to report this bug, I think if it wasn't a bug they wouldn't have told me to do so, However, I asked them again if I need PoF expansion and still waiting

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately, the CS Team is not cognizant of all the ins and outs of the game.  It would not be the first time they were uninformed.  🤷‍♀️

Regardless, it's been posted before and has yet to be addressed.  You can wait for however long, if ever, it takes for the Devs to notice and 'fix' it, or you can purchase HoT/PoF now or when next it is offered at a discounted price.

Good luck. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Bedomoslimany.8927 said:

I did purchase a new Mount Select License and I got the skin but I can't find "Mounts" button in the "Dyes" tab

just for curiositys sake, what expansions do you own, and what mounts do you have access to?

because you should still have access to mount dyeing without the need to purchase a skin through a mount licence, making your first post sound like you've confused the Adoption licence as unlocking the mount

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Unfortunately, the CS Team is not cognizant of all the ins and outs of the game.  It would not be the first time they were uninformed.  🤷‍♀️

Regardless, it's been posted before and has yet to be addressed.  You can wait for however long, if ever, it takes for the Devs to notice and 'fix' it, or you can purchase HoT/PoF now or when next it is offered at a discounted price.

Good luck. 

Thanks, I'm considering buying PoF expansion, but in which mastery I can open the Mount dye or will it just opens instantly?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

just for curiositys sake, what expansions do you own, and what mounts do you have access to?

because you should still have access to mount dyeing without the need to purchase a skin through a mount licence, making your first post sound like you've confused the Adoption licence as unlocking the mount

I have SotO expansion, I do have a Raptor mount of course and a Skyscale mount

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Personally, I'd call this a bug unless ANet comes right out and says it is not.

(And if they do say it is intended, I'd call it an error in judgement on their part. If you have a mount and are able to purchase skins for it in the store, you should be able to dye it any way you want. Period.)

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Tanek.5983 said:

Personally, I'd call this a bug unless ANet comes right out and says it is not.

(And if they do say it is intended, I'd call it an error in judgement on their part. If you have a mount and are able to purchase skins for it in the store, you should be able to dye it any way you want. Period.)

Exactly 👌

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...