Mount skin dye options does not appear in the "Dyes" tab

Posted (edited)

I did purchase a new Mount Select License and I got the skin but I can't find "Mounts" button in the "Dyes" tab

Update: I just got a reply from the Customer support, they contacted the proper department and assured me that I need to own PoF expansion, thanks for everyone

Edited by Bedomoslimany.8927
Update in the issue
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Bedomoslimany.8927 said:

I did purchase a new Mount Select License and I got the skin but I can't find "Mounts" button in the "Dyes" tab

It should be a little horseshoe icon next to the helmet icon (which is selected by default for dying armor).

If it is not there, do you have the Path of Fire expansion? I remember seeing something a while back where a player mentioned being unable to dye mounts without PoF even though they had access through End of Dragons. If that was the case, I'd hope it could be fixed, especially since people do spend money on mount skins and should have access to dying them.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Tanek.5983 said:

It should be a little horseshoe icon next to the helmet icon (which is selected by default for dying armor).

If it is not there, do you have the Path of Fire expansion? I remember seeing something a while back where a player mentioned being unable to dye mounts without PoF even though they had access through End of Dragons. If that was the case, I'd hope it could be fixed, especially since people do spend money on mount skins and should have access to dying them.

No it's not showing up, I saw something about PoF as well but when I asked the Support team they requested that I report a bug and didn't tell that I need to aquire PoF

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

If you care to, you can search for the other threads on this topic;  so far, this 'bug' (if it is, indeed, a bug and not intended) has yet to be addressed in all this time.  🤷‍♂️

I don't know, but the support told me to report this bug, I think if it wasn't a bug they wouldn't have told me to do so, However, I asked them again if I need PoF expansion and still waiting

• Sad 1

Unfortunately, the CS Team is not cognizant of all the ins and outs of the game.  It would not be the first time they were uninformed.  🤷‍♀️

Regardless, it's been posted before and has yet to be addressed.  You can wait for however long, if ever, it takes for the Devs to notice and 'fix' it, or you can purchase HoT/PoF now or when next it is offered at a discounted price.

Good luck. 

7 hours ago, Bedomoslimany.8927 said:

just for curiositys sake, what expansions do you own, and what mounts do you have access to?

because you should still have access to mount dyeing without the need to purchase a skin through a mount licence, making your first post sound like you've confused the Adoption licence as unlocking the mount

3 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Unfortunately, the CS Team is not cognizant of all the ins and outs of the game.  It would not be the first time they were uninformed.  🤷‍♀️

Regardless, it's been posted before and has yet to be addressed.  You can wait for however long, if ever, it takes for the Devs to notice and 'fix' it, or you can purchase HoT/PoF now or when next it is offered at a discounted price.

Good luck. 

Thanks, I'm considering buying PoF expansion, but in which mastery I can open the Mount dye or will it just opens instantly?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

just for curiositys sake, what expansions do you own, and what mounts do you have access to?

because you should still have access to mount dyeing without the need to purchase a skin through a mount licence, making your first post sound like you've confused the Adoption licence as unlocking the mount

I have SotO expansion, I do have a Raptor mount of course and a Skyscale mount

• Confused 1

Personally, I'd call this a bug unless ANet comes right out and says it is not.

(And if they do say it is intended, I'd call it an error in judgement on their part. If you have a mount and are able to purchase skins for it in the store, you should be able to dye it any way you want. Period.)

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Tanek.5983 said:

Personally, I'd call this a bug unless ANet comes right out and says it is not.

(And if they do say it is intended, I'd call it an error in judgement on their part. If you have a mount and are able to purchase skins for it in the store, you should be able to dye it any way you want. Period.)

Exactly 👌

• Sad 1

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Yetsuo.6120 said:

This is crazy. Does it say anywhere in the PoF purchase that the ability to dye mounts is a feature ONLY of this expansion? Does it say in any of the other expansion materiels that dying mounts is NOT included? Is there any warning in the store that purchased mount skins are not able to be dyed unless you own PoF?

I *think* the answer to all of the above is 'no'. If that is not the case, maybe @Rubi Bayer.8493can point us in the right direction for where the information is given to customers.

I really thought this was going to turn out to be a bug. Bad form, ArenaNet. I hope this is reconsidered. Soon.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Anyandrell.6238 said:

So... you want the option to dye mounts without having mounts?

I'd like to extrapolate that, I would love me some legendary skins without having legendary gear.

you get a mount in Eod you get another mount in SotO so they do have atleast a mount.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Anyandrell.6238 said:

So... you want the option to dye mounts without having mounts?

I'd like to extrapolate that, I would love me some legendary skins without having legendary gear.

5 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

you get a mount in Eod you get another mount in SotO so they do have atleast a mount.

And, more importantly, people who have mounts from these other expansions have the ability to buy mount skins in the store. If it were just the basic mount look and skin purchases were still locked behind PoF, that would not be great, but at least there would be some argument. Or if the store has a warning that skins are undyeable without PoF, at least people would know.

The way it looks, though, is players without PoF can still buy mount skins, THEN discover they have no way to change the dye colors.