Purchased a skin from the gem store - unable to get a refund. Falsely advertised.

Hi.

I'm still somewhat new to the game, I've got about 600 hours in. I like it. However, I recently made a purchase on a skyscale skin that was falsely advertised.

I saw that the Canthan Noble Skyscale Mounts Pack has been put on the store and on 20% sale. I purchased the pack only a few hours ago, since I really wanted to get the Heavenly Thunder Noble Skyscale Skin. I got it and I was happy, but then I saw its appearance wasn't as advertised and that was just upsetting. I watched a few showcase videos of the skin beforehand, such as the one below:

I liked the skin after seeing these videos, but once I purchased it, this electricity that slowly runs across his body (as shown in the video) wasn't there. I liked that the most about the skin, the way it highlights its thunder. I can see flickers of electricity on his body, but  the main selling point of the pack for me was exactly because of the way electricity highlighted the mount's body by slowly running across it. And if what made me want to buy it is absent, then why do I even need this skin? It's useless to me.

I emailed ANet support but apparently they can't process a refund. They told me to come here, so here I am.

I played around with the dyes to see if that's the problem, but it's not it, that highlighting is just not there.

I purchased the diamonds with real-life currency,  so I would naturally want feel like I've got my money's worth.

I'm just hoping for a refund on those diamonds and I am more than happy to have the skins removed... they'll be catching nothing but "digital dust" in my wardrobe otherwise and that's just not cool by ANet.

I'm unsure what else ANet support wanted me to say? I wanted the skin because of that highlight. That highlight is not there. Falsely advertised product = Deceiving buyers. Nothing more to it.

I hope this can be resolved.

Try the color "Permafrost" dye or the color darkness I know it looks black, but I have all the starborn mounts and darkness dye has the best sparkle on them and looks white otherwise sit there and try all dyes because some look totally different on mounts than you would think.

• Like 1

Update:

Hi all. Thank you for the recommendations. It's my error. Inculpatus was right, it was the shaders. I had them set to medium, and the bit I want appears only when they are set on high. So, it's totally my bad there. Thanks a bunch to both of you.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1