Remove stability in F3 skill for Willbender in WvW mode.

Posted (edited)

Willbenders (Power/cele) are overperforming extremely. They have insane damage, mobility, and survivability. If you even survive their burst and start an attack they can easily run away, wait for cooldown, and try again if they are close to losing. Only a few specs can catch them if they want to run away. To make this class more fair need to reduce either mobility or survivability.

In my opinion, removing stability from F skills is a great start. It gives more opportunity for other specs to counterplay.

Edited by Valamano.4963
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 8

• 2 weeks later...

Dude, sorry, but WB is outplayed by Daredevil, Chrono, most of Reapers, Vindicators and many others. What's the point of mobility, of other have better defences? And you have lower health.

On Willbender you have to stop, if you want to hit enemies. And you don't have that great burst. Engi can do 20-30k insta burst with only 2 buttons. Can Willbender do the same? No. Can Willbender survive tons of CC? No. Does Willbender has barrier as extra health pool? No.

If you are beaten by Willbender, then you are not using good build in WvW.

Also I must reveal the truth. Guardians now have only 1-2 stun breaks, because stability is always instantly removed. INSTANTLY! The only guardian with stability is Firebrand, but Firebrand is too weak to kill anyone.

You are shaming yourself by saying you were beaten by Willbender. Willbender is easy prey now. After 1 block is over, Willbender is vulnerable. Willbender has only 3/4 seconds evade per each 20 seconds. WIllbender is not ivunlnerable while performing F3 leap. Willbender can be caught in the air. Greatsword 3(Leap of Faith) doesn't make guardian invuln either. You still can stun, freeze or knock back guardian which is leaping to you.

I hope you've gottteh my words. Right now guardian is the most unbroken class in the whole game. And the weakest.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

On 5/21/2024 at 9:31 PM, Kuya.6495 said:

That just sounds like a thief. Just change stab for stealth.

Don't forget that guardian has only 1 source of stability with very long cooldown. ANd thief has many sources of stealth and evade. MANY.

M

A

N

Y

!

!

!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
On 5/30/2024 at 11:27 AM, Farseer.1349 said:

Dude, sorry, but WB is outplayed by Daredevil, Chrono, most of Reapers, Vindicators and many others. What's the point of mobility, of other have better defences? And you have lower health.

On Willbender you have to stop, if you want to hit enemies. And you don't have that great burst. Engi can do 20-30k insta burst with only 2 buttons. Can Willbender do the same? No. Can Willbender survive tons of CC? No. Does Willbender has barrier as extra health pool? No.

If you are beaten by Willbender, then you are not using good build in WvW.

Also I must reveal the truth. Guardians now have only 1-2 stun breaks, because stability is always instantly removed. INSTANTLY! The only guardian with stability is Firebrand, but Firebrand is too weak to kill anyone.

You are shaming yourself by saying you were beaten by Willbender. Willbender is easy prey now. After 1 block is over, Willbender is vulnerable. Willbender has only 3/4 seconds evade per each 20 seconds. WIllbender is not ivunlnerable while performing F3 leap. Willbender can be caught in the air. Greatsword 3(Leap of Faith) doesn't make guardian invuln either. You still can stun, freeze or knock back guardian which is leaping to you.

I hope you've gottteh my words. Right now guardian is the most unbroken class in the whole game. And the weakest.

Yeah I would agree with this, it's really strong in PvE open world, and other PvE modes, but I would never take my Willbender to WvW. 

Firebrand is actually the weakest spec to play, even since it came out. The focus of Firebrand was to be anti-condi/scourge meta, but now that nobody runs it (which is the best thing that ever happened because pirate shipping was dogwater gameplay), there's no point. In fact, I would say the best guardian right now for WvW is core.

Now if you're talking about dueling in WvW you should probably go out and touch grass because pvp is much better suited to that kind of gameplay. Honestly dueling is just stupid anyway as there's no one size fits all build for you to kill every profession anyhow. WvW is more suited for people who want to play that tower-defense game GW2 has. 

Edited by Orthonen.9470