Gift of Inner Nayos still not awarded for map completion?

"Inner Nayos map completion rewards have been updated to standard map completion rewards. The Gift of Inner Nayos is not included in this reward."

So even though we now have the full map unlocked, completing it still doesn't give us the map-specific gift, or am I missing something? Any particular reason for doing this? I could at least understand not getting it when the map was still unfinished/partially locked, but I have no idea why you felt the need to lock the gifts to lantern runs only, inconsistent with every other expansion map.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

You just have to light the lanterns on the map. Valid for the other SOTO maps too.

Instead of doing map completion with different characters. Which would bring the necessary characters for full set for all weights to 18.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

There are some from the one-time achievements I think. They act as replacement for at least one char for the map completion. For the further ones there is only the repeatable lantern achievement. Can be a lil bit annoying for people that might want to do multiple chars (like ... 9 - one for each profession) anyways since they'd have to do less lantern runs if the map completion actually still awarded the gift.

Afaik the older SotO maps had it in the map comletion chest (unfortunatyle I am too lazy to check on the wiki again since wiki is loading painfully slow atm :D) - additionally to the lanterns that you still could do. Not sure why they changed it for Nayos. Maybe they wanted to make it harder/lengthier for people that did map completion on multiple chars already for other reasons.

2 hours ago, Effrafax.2734 said:

I could at least understand not getting it when the map was still unfinished/partially locked, but I have no idea why you felt the need to lock the gifts to lantern runs only, inconsistent with every other expansion map.

Anet is quite consistent on being inconsistent on a lot of the systems that they created on the game. It is quite annoying that the gift isn't awarded on map completion like every other gift required on legendaries prior to this expansion.

Am I feeling disappointed? Yes, I am. Am I surprised? No, not at all.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

45 minutes ago, Anyandrell.6238 said:

You just have to light the lanterns on the map. Valid for the other SOTO maps too.

Instead of doing map completion with different characters. Which would bring the necessary characters for full set for all weights to 18.

Mapping on different characters was another incentive for people to brush off the dust of characters they play little or not at all. It makes no sense for a game that sells character slots and that creates a lot of systems to encourage people to have alts to do this kind of thing. Besides, they should have said that BEFORE people mapped 2/3 of the map so they wouldn't bother doing it in the last 6 months.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

2 minutes ago, leila.7962 said:

Anet is quite consistent on being inconsistent on a lot of the systems that they created on the game. It is quite annoying that the gift isn't awarded on map completion like every other gift required on legendaries prior to this expansion.

Am I feeling disappointed? Yes, I am. Am I surprised? No, not at all.

yeah this happening sice EOD(like new stuff(fishing, bots) not being accout wide acessible)

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, leila.7962 said:

Mapping on different characters was another incentive for people to brush off the dust of characters they play little or not at all. It makes no sense for a game that sells character slots and that creates a lot of systems to encourage people to have alts to do this kind of thing. Besides, they should have said that BEFORE people mapped 2/3 of the map so they wouldn't bother doing it in the last 6 months.

yeah, the first time i started equipping/learning others specs, take alts more serious was for hot map completion//elite weapons collection.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Confused 2

28 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

yeah, the first time i started equipping/learning others specs, take alts more serious was for hot map completion//elite weapons collection.

You can still take alts in to do map completion, it's just lanterns instead which are account-wide progress. They are all near the POIs on the map so it's essentially the same thing except you need to stop and channel for a few seconds. If anything I find the new system a lot more convenient because if I decide I want to swap to an alt at any point I can just pick up where I left off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Anyandrell.6238 said:

All the previous maps with lantern mechanics offered gifts for both. And this includes not only EoD maps, but the 2 original SotO ones as well.

Seems like Anet just can't stay consistent even inside confines of a single expansion cycle.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3

50 minutes ago, CoffeePlease.3082 said:

If anything I find the new system a lot more convenient because if I decide I want to swap to an alt at any point I can just pick up where I left off.

And you couldn't do that with traditional map completion before because......?

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

40 minutes ago, Justforvisit.3709 said:

And you couldn't do that with traditional map completion before because......?

... because you'd have to start over from nothing, did you even read what you responded to?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, leila.7962 said:

Pretty much, yes. Why not make it so the first time a character completes the map, they get one Gift - from that point on that char can only get more Gifts via lanterns. Besides de-incentivize alt-playing this only makes an already tedious grind more tedious.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

Anet never fails to kitten me off with anything new they release. So they couldn't at least put out this info in their studio update they posted last week? Sheesh, literally wasted hours doing the 2/3 map completion on multiple characters...
So is lantern the only way to get gift of inner nayos if we want more than two?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, XzeM.4639 said:

Anet never fails to kitten me off with anything new they release. So they couldn't at least put out this info in their studio update they posted last week? Sheesh, literally wasted hours doing the 2/3 map completion on multiple characters...
So is lantern the only way to get gift of inner nayos if we want more than two?

/wiki Gift of Inner Nayos

Lanterns seems to be the only repeatable way. You can get 1 gift each from the Inner Nayos II and The Realm of Dreams Mastery achievements. Lanterns don't really take more time than map exploration, though it helps a lot to have a set path for lighting them (maybe a youtube guide or using Blish Hud or Taco for overlay pathing). And you can do them on a loop, just have to relog after lighting the last lantern to reset them. I usually just watch something on netflix on the side while following a lantern path, makes it less of a bore.

Honestly considering how it seems two POI's are only accessible through the story instances I am not too upset with them keeping it to the lanterns. That said, I really WISH they could be consistent.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Vayne.8563 said:

It was in patch notes. It's not a glitch.

At first it was apparently a glitch. Then it was added to the patch notes instead of fixing it, and ... poof ... now it's a feature. 😉

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

I think it is because they did not want to give out the full reward before completing the map. (Might have led to weird issues when they gave out the full reward with the previous release. Now adding more POIs and one vista ... which might trigger the reward again then.)

But at the previous release the gift for this map was needed - to finish the armor T1 that got released then. So as a workaround they added (to the repeatable lantern achievement) like 2 to the permanent achievements. (Making up for 2 map completions.)

I think we had cases where you just got the empty reward box (with maps partly released) and then at the final release after completing the remaining stuff ... the full rewards? With this they would have had to put in a previous step (triggering it at the 2nd part - where T1 armor got released) and then doing a check (probably harder at the spaghetti code?) at the end to not award the gift twice for people that already got it at that map on the same char.

A vendor option (I think PoF had that?) might have been better. Or just adding the gift to the last step now. (People that already did the full armor with lantern runs ... well this happens. That you do stuff that later gets easier to obtain. People that later do it and have 2 more gifts at the end - when doing map completion on all SotO maps + the 2 from permanent achievements - on the same amount of chars: Not that of a big deal.)

Upside: If you have NOT yet done a lot of the T1 this might work well together with the T2 (unless the full T1 set is required to obtain even one T2 but I guess it just needs checks per piece if the T1 piece is obtained) where I heard you have to do 75 lanterns - for one of the steps of the repeatable achievement  Though you can "buy" the steps. But this way it can save a bit money.