What Was Before Achievement Bug

Due to seeing and helping a player clear one of the Relics before having the achievement myself, this appears to be in a bugged state.

The relic is there on the map for me, but I am unable to interact with it (I assume since no special action key is given and no ability to clear the protectors, as they do not spawn).

Changing maps does not do anything.

Only happens for the one relic that was "revealed" to me before I had the achievement myself - I was able to collect the rest of them just fine.

• Confused 1

was running into this on my own where some of the relics would not spawn after all mobs had been killed. Entering character select and relogging seemed to reset the relic to respawn the enemies so its not an ideal work around but one you can use.

Same problem with Dream Essence.  Have defeated the 4 enemies that spawn, but the Essence remains glowing Red and had no way to access it and cannot reset with "N" without logging out and back in.  Having an Event almost constantly running makers it more difficult.  I have gotten all other relics.  Any further suggestions?

Just to update this, I tried this again yesterday and it succeeded at the first attempt.  Only difference I could see was that the Event that was usually there did not pop up.  So I am happy bit no idea why it succeeded.

In my experience, going into downstate fighting the guardians can stop the relic from being collected after clearing the guardians and requires a map reload to use the Special Action Key to try again. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2024 at 8:25 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

We are working on this bug, but in the meantime you can get your progress going again by relogging and then speaking to Tecla again. 

doesn't work for me.

So far I've tried:

- relogging then speaking to NPC

- changing map and speaking to NPC

- guesting on another server and speaking to NPC...

Nothing works. Whenever I return to the relicspot the relic is already there, I can't use it or collect it and I can´t use my heart to make it appear again.

36 minutes ago, scatha.3126 said:

doesn't work for me.

So far I've tried:

- relogging then speaking to NPC

- changing map and speaking to NPC

- guesting on another server and speaking to NPC...

Nothing works. Whenever I return to the relicspot the relic is already there, I can't use it or collect it and I can´t use my heart to make it appear again.

have you tried it with a different character?
if you only need the relic from the achievement, you can also get it from the WvW reward track. takes longer, but works.