Why the ele pistol is condi ?

We already had a main hand ranged condi weapon called the scepter ?

So now we have a duplicate and we will use the one that do the most dps when we want to build a condi (or ranged condi) build ?

Why it's not power, we have 0 main hand ranged power dps?

Can someone explain what i'm missing that explain why the devs made it condi ?

Hoping the next expansion is a power ranged weapon.

• Confused 2

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, WindBlade.8749 said:

Can someone explain what i'm missing that explain why the devs made it condi ?

You missed the fact that Sceptre is supposed to be a Power weapon.

But the Fire 1 is producing extremely high burndamage, so some people treat it as a condiweapon...because it arguably is.  The condiDps is defo there.

Traditionally speaking tho, Sceptre was designed as a power rangedweapon.^^

Edited by Sahne.6950

1 hour ago, Sahne.6950 said:

You missed the fact that Sceptre is supposed to be a Power weapon.

But the Fire 1 is producing extremely high burndamage, so some people treat it as a condiweapon...because it arguably is.  The condiDps is defo there.

Traditionally speaking tho, Sceptre was designed as a power rangedweapon.^^

Scepter was considered something of a condi weapon but Pistol's burn stacking is much, much better than Scepter now. In addition to bleeding from two elements. Scepter has an edge in that it's burning application isn't a projectile though. It's a solid weapon, your classic mage weapon. You're not wrong that they intend to make Scepter lean more power though.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next balance update pushes power DPS for Scepter and cements Pistol as the condi stacking weapon. Pistol Air could use a damaging condition. Confusion would be nice.

I just hope they don't completely gut conditions on Scepter to do that. It can keep what it has and be the "less than ideal" condi weapon while being the superior power option and vice versa for Pistol.

• Confused 1

8 minutes ago, CETheLucid.3964 said:

I just hope they don't completely gut conditions on Scepter to do that.

in pvp they removed the burn from fire 1, which outright deleted the weapon as a condioption :/

• Sad 1

Ele was missing an pure condi dmg wepon and an ranged 1h utility wepon. Sadly pistol only dose utility kind of ok ish the condi dmg is just not there in any real way to make up for the lack of aoe and effectively an waist of 4 skill on mostly worthless auto attk.

Pistol is a lot of self support but just dose not lead into any thing this is why tempest gets the most out of it as it overloads are often what pistol is missing for an lead or big skill for its self support. In effect pistol has no real attk skill they are all def and self support but they DO buff the overloads and any utility dmg skill as well as offhand skills.

On 5/23/2024 at 4:21 AM, CETheLucid.3964 said:

I just hope they don't completely gut conditions on Scepter to do that. It can keep what it has and be the "less than ideal" condi weapon while being the superior power option and vice versa for Pistol.

That worked out pretty well. 👌

1 hour ago, CETheLucid.3964 said:

I don't know what i would have done if they nerfed the scepter condis. I will NEVER use that disapointment of a weapondesign that is Ele pistol.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

21 hours ago, CETheLucid.3964 said:

Condition gutting might still happen if scepter outperforms on the golem. They've buffed the power coefficients to make it more of a power weapon - if they decide they've made it too strong, they'll probably compensate by nerfing the conditions rather than dropping the power coefficients.

13 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

Condition gutting might still happen if scepter outperforms on the golem. They've buffed the power coefficients to make it more of a power weapon - if they decide they've made it too strong, they'll probably compensate by nerfing the conditions rather than dropping the power coefficients.

Most likely. Still, it's not outperforming Pistol's condition stacking even now. They simply made Scepter the stronger power coefficient.

I am a little surprised Pistol wasn't touched at all. In that scenario I would hope they'd shore up Pistol's condition damage instead of destroying Scepter's already subpar condition purposes.

Pistol still needs some work. But especially the Weaver dual attacks. Those should give you both bullets as it does with Hammer and spend the appropriate bullet if you already have one for the dual attack.

At present dual Pistol attacks give you neither bullet. Giving both bullets would make Weaver Pistol a more attractive choice if for nothing else to play unload elementalist and roll around elementally.

In more experienced hands it would make it a lot easier to combo with both the dual attack effects and the 2 skill combo. This just isn't there with Weaver Pistol. Weakest e-spec to play Pistol with at present.

Weaver Scepter is going to be great, though.

22 hours ago, draxynnic.3719 said:

That is my biggest fear. I guess i'll loose my condi ele builds when this happens and replace them with power scepter.

18 hours ago, CETheLucid.3964 said:

Most likely. Still, it's not outperforming Pistol's condition stacking even now. They simply made Scepter the stronger power coefficient.

True, but the power coefficient still contributes to damage in viper's, and the conditions still contribute to damage in berserker's (or whatever combination of berserker, assassin, and dragon it ends up having). So I can definitely see condition gutting happening even if it's the power build that benches a little too high and they want to trim the DPS by a k or two.

18 hours ago, CETheLucid.3964 said:

I am a little surprised Pistol wasn't touched at all. In that scenario I would hope they'd shore up Pistol's condition damage instead of destroying Scepter's already subpar condition purposes.

Pistol still needs some work. But especially the Weaver dual attacks. Those should give you both bullets as it does with Hammer and spend the appropriate bullet if you already have one for the dual attack.

At present dual Pistol attacks give you neither bullet. Giving both bullets would make Weaver Pistol a more attractive choice if for nothing else to play unload elementalist and roll around elementally.

In more experienced hands it would make it a lot easier to combo with both the dual attack effects and the 2 skill combo. This just isn't there with Weaver Pistol. Weakest e-spec to play Pistol with at present.

Weaver Scepter is going to be great, though.

Oh, yeah, the dual skills being able to generate any bullet you didn't just use would probably help. I think the current idea is that you use skill 2 to generate and the dual skill to expend, or you double-attune to generate off skill 3, but as is pistol weaver just looks so complicated I just haven't been game to try it yet.

i doubt the scepter buffs will cause it to overperform from the power side of things. its buffed coefficients remain inferior to sword coefficients and some suffer from awkward cast times (mainly dual skills). the only case where it has an advantage against sword is on FA tempest because it can freely use lightning strike while channeling; however from my calculations, the two are still very close and both are likely to fall within 40-42k (mainly thanks to overload buffs, not scepter), which i dont think is overperforming and would assume is "just right" according to balance

every other scepter power build will likely be inferior dps-wise to its sword counterpart, so there shouldnt be much concern there. an exception to this is the "fire wizard" (fire-camping) build, where scepters massively buffed fire auto could make it the best power option for this setup

condi will be the main area for concern as pistol is not a strong pick on anything other than tempest. for tempest, there is a huge gap between pistol and the next best condi option, so nothing will really change here. for weaver however, the scepter and pistol builds will be evenly matched, which spells certain doom for pistol as it hardly excels in anything else other than single target hp sponge dps. pistol has never truly surpassed scepter for core/catalyst (aside from the quick build), so those enjoy a straight up buff although they arent particularly meta anyway

i think this is really more of an issue with pistol than it is with scepter. its design hardly lets it do anything other than dps and when that one factor is challenged, there is almost nothing else that continues holding up the weapon