Suffused Obsidian - Defeat 3 World Bosses Bugged

Did my 3 world bosses.  The little icon above the skill bar shows 3 completed.  Did not get credit for completion.  Others in the last world boss fight said they are having the same problem.

21 hours ago, archmadao.9038 said:

Same problem here.  Not only that but my counter is at 13 and I haven't even done 13 "world bosses" unless it is possibly counting rifts/champs in SOTO.

Yeah, mine currently shows 7 on the buff bar, but no credit.

• ArenaNet Staff

It sounds like something isn't registering properly at some point. I'm sorry this is happening. 😞 I've alerted people to the issue so they can start looking into it. I'll keep you posted as I am able. 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Just adding my voice to this bug. I did a few WBs last night before realizing I forgot the Runestone in my bank, so I finally put it on my character and now have apparently 9 lol.

Edit: Just did a WB I haven't yet done this reset period and the objective is now ticked off on my achievement. bugs gonna bug ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Edited by Esterie.7409

Posted (edited)

After doing two world bosses, my counter was at 6, and after doing a third one I got progress for the achievement but the counter remained in my buff bar, still at 6.
I then teleported to another map and the counter changed to 3. Makes me wonder if it just checked for completion and decreased the counter by three instead of removing it... Edit: after teleporting to yet another map, the counter was removed.

Edited by nicoper.3215
additional info

Posted (edited)

Seems like it the counter thats buggy.  I killed Teq and got credit for one.  then I did a convergence and it went to 2.  then I went to SB and during the event before the boss died it went to 3 and after the boss died it went to 4.  I then changed maps and the counter went to 8.  Then I killed Golem MKII and I got the credit for the armor achievement.  So I was properly awarded after killing 3 Tyrian WB's but the counter is very messed up! 

Edit to add: My counter also stayed on my bar going back to 3 with 1 map change and then disappearing after a 2nd map change

Edited by Moi.5013
added more information

The counter is super wonky atm.
I did finish one runestone today, 3 bosses, normal counting, done after the third.
The second runestone went from 1 to 2 to 3 (not finishing) straight to 5 and stayed there through porting and client restart - only to then magically complete the collection step on the next map change after.

Went to 1 after the 1st. After the 2nd ... I did not pay attention: Either it was immediately or after map changes or relogging ... but now it is at 10. Weird. It hink we had this with some other events tracking world bosses. (Didn't the new Skyscale unlock also have one requirement?) There also were issues I think.

Posted (edited)
On 5/26/2024 at 9:16 PM, Solstice.5790 said:

The counter is super wonky atm.
I did finish one runestone today, 3 bosses, normal counting, done after the third.
The second runestone went from 1 to 2 to 3 (not finishing) straight to 5 and stayed there through porting and client restart - only to then magically complete the collection step on the next map change after.

Super wonky indeed, I had much the same experience.

On my first Runestone, I did Claw then Fire Elemental then Taidha. I couldn't see the counter before Claw was finished then it appeared as 2. So I thought it was counting down. OK. Then went to Metrica and it showed 3 again. After Fire Elemental I map changed and it showed 7. After Taidha it completed and I got credit.

Also the bar that shows progress on the Suffused Obsidian achievement never appeared.

Edit: just waypointed to Skywatch and it's reappeared with a count of 2. 🙂

Edited by Pifil.5193

For the Rift Energy: It's a bug on the icon, it still tracks in the background, just do as many T3 and T2 rifts as you can to speed it up. The WB one is core Tyria only and increments in steps of 3 rather than 1. I think the steps have to do if you get bronze, silver, or gold on the event.

Can confirm its just the counter that's bugged for world bosses.  I have done it 3 times now and gotten the credit after 3 world bosses every time.  but the counter numbers jump all over the place. All the other counters have been accurate for me.

On 5/24/2024 at 7:11 PM, Hecksler Der Henker.9280 said:

Yes, it was deleted for me too for Rifts. Lost by Change map.

Same for me, was at 240 charges, did meta instead of finishing rifts and ignoring it, changed maps -> back to 4 after next T1 rift, absolutely not cool. The world boss one autosolved itself after doing a 4th one

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having the same issue with the rift energy.  I have everything but 3 world bosses and my 250 rift energy.  I was up to 104 rift energy then yesterday when I went to Skywatch it reset and I had 6.  Today it did it again and I had 3.  Every time I go back to skywatch my rift energy progress poofs and I am starting all over.  It's extremely frustrating!

1 hour ago, Halawen.4762 said:

I was up to 104 rift energy then yesterday when I went to Skywatch it reset and I had 6.  Today it did it again and I had 3.  Every time I go back to skywatch my rift energy progress poofs and I am starting all over.  It's extremely frustrating!

The rift energy one is a display bug.  I had the same thing happening, but it completes eventually without displaying all the way up to 250.

• 3 weeks later...