Blue Visual Effects in Nayos Map [Merged]

Posted (edited)

Not sure if this has been reported but I constantly see Blue visual defects in the Inner Nayos map since the May 21 release. Things like the who mini map and text around map notifications have this Blue effect and makes it harder to see what is going on on the map. Also see this in convergences and other places in game

https://imgur.com/a/6u36vzL

Edited by Geniusman.1760
  • Thanks 1

Yep. You are not alone.  It started with the release.  Drivers are all current.  For some reason my graphics settings in the game were screwed up during the game update, had to run an autodetect.  The issues I've seen:

- prior to doing the autodetect to reconfigure my graphics settings I would see players names but no players
- large blue artifacts that appear to cover an area where skill effects would be (fire during the Knaebelag fight for example)
- used jade bot Rescue Protocol, the cool down icon above the skill bar was a blue square after that
- opened inventory some of my items were blue squares

Logging out to character select did not remove the blue squares, exiting and restarting the game did.  Hasn't happened recently but I haven't taken part in any of the big boss fights recently either.  Seems to be tied to how "busy" things are on screen with all the weapon effects, armor effects, AOE skill effects, etc.

OPs screenshot looks very much like what I saw during the same boss fight.  Can't see most of the player' characters just player names everywhere and blue artifacts all over the place.

I would try going into options and running Autodetect in the graphics tab in the "Settings Preset" dropdown.  Something may have gotten corrupted during the update.  I've had to do it a couple of times now and things seem to be back to normal but I haven't done one of the big boss fights lately either.

Posted (edited)

Happening here also during intense WvWvW fights. 

Very distracting  and somewhat confusing at times.

AMD 5800X3D, 32G RAM 3600, 7900XTX.

I'm not sure but I think I might be just above minimal specs so  I don't think its that.

Edited by Sickdreamz.8401

Same. Entered reaper shroud at Teakettle world boss and blue squares everywhere. Think it was just coincidence it started when I went into shroud as many others had it happen too.

I'm also experiencing the same issue since the patch; had it in Nayos during the Knaebelag meta as well as in zerg fights in WvW. UI icons, skill effects, structures, terrain might appear as piercing dark blue.

Pre-patch I've been having texture issues in WvW, too, where things turned black. The blue is more extreme and makes the game barely playable though. Switching textures from high to low and back seems to reset the bug.

Yep, has happened multiple times at Tequatl now. On the first day I even got a blue bar the encompassed my weapon and utility bar, but only when I was on my raptor. All other mounts were normal.

I have had exactly this and worse at New meta, Skywatch meta( briefly full screen blue except for player names,) and Tequatal. A lot of the blue appears to be from my own effects of weapon use and utililties. So glad you posted this, as I was thinking it was my computer,

I'm having these issues (missing texture, parts painted black and now blue since a week). All start when those new gfx-options have been introduced a while ago.

Since the latest patch it even got worse and I also see those blue textures.  It happens as soon as larger fights start (I only WvW -> fights in SM, or any fight with e.g. 30+ people involved).

It has reached a point that I consider the game unplayable. I use two systems, one is Windows 11 and one is Linux. I have the same issue on both systems (repair-option already done with no help at all).  

To fix it, I have to restart the client. I'm also missing UI-elements. Everyting that was shown for the first time during the fight will stay blue until restart.

This is only a small example, it can be MUCH worse:

https://imgur.com/a/ZZxy05N

On 5/25/2024 at 4:10 AM, Sickdreamz.8401 said:

Happening here also during intense WvWvW fights. 

Yep. Encountered this myself today in WvW during a large scale fight. The blue-bug went away after porting to another WvW map.

Posted (edited)

Its to the point where I just can't play anymore. I am curios though if is this an AMD, Intel, Nvidia spec issue. Or We all just won the random bug effect.

Windows 11 Pro 23H2 ,

OS Build 22631.3593, 

Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22700.1003.0

I hope this information  helps a dev somehow somewhere.

Edited by Sickdreamz.8401

Fine for a couple of days and then today had the worst one yet. Dropped into loot room after Octovine, the room with shallow water on floor, and entire screen went blue. Only UI, player names and object names were visible. Managed to loot most chests but it took a while. Screen went back to normal when I entered the last loot room and then was fine when going back through the rooms.

• Haha 1

Used to get a mild form of this off and on for the longest time but since the last patch it's been exceptionally bad. Only during large metas though, lots of textures go blue or do other odd things like disappear or look like chrome, etc. The rest of the time it's fine. I'm currently running with max settings across the board but I've tried setting everything as low as possible, no difference. Using an AMD card, under Windows driver version 24.5.1, under Linux it's Mesa 24.0.5 via both Wine and Proton, all gets the same result so clearly a bug in the game itself.