Druid or Tempest

Posted (edited)

Hi all.

After finishing a playthrough with my Revenant, I tried its elite specializations. I enjoyed the support aspects of the Herald quite a lot, but not the class itself. Therefore, I started looking into the other support classes in the game, and after watching videos, going into the PVP map, and trying them out, I found myself enjoying the Druid and the Tempest.

As my work schedule is pretty hectic, I don't have the option of playing both simultaneously. Thus, I'm turning to you guys- which class would you pick for support and open world, and why? I liked the Avatar-like aspects of the Tempest (especially the fresh air spec), but I'm worried it might be too complicated for a casual player like myself. I tried the Condi Druid and liked the staff, short bow skills, and the Celestial Avatar, but it might not be as flashy as I like. Are there any skills or pets with lightning?

As an RP player, I already have possible concepts for both- a night cycle dark Sylvari druid focused around dark blessings wearing the Raiment of the Lich outfit and a noble human mage centered around the Skysage look (mainly the hat and leggings). I just need the academy wand skins to return to complete the look.

Thanks in advance

Edited by YVictory.6840

What content do you want to do with it?

Both have options for support or a more offensive playstyle.

Both can give alacrity as notable boon, and have the capability for healing builds.

As for the damage, Condi Druid is mainly bleed damage which has a longer ramp-up time and applies it through immobilize as far as I know.

With Tempest Condi is also the more common direction, with burning in fire + bleeding in earth, it may be quicker in ramping up though. Playing it as a power build could become more of an option with the upcoming patch, since scepter + overload air get buffed. Works really well with Celestial gear (all stats) for open world or story content, and can even work in instanced content with the same gear if you somewhat know what you're doing.

I'm probably biased towards Tempest cause its my main class, but I think it will likely deal faster with low hp enemies (like most in open world or story) compared to condi druid due to needing less ramp-up time. Though probably best to also hear some druid point of view on that.

Druid has more build variety/flexibility. Tempest is lower skill cap and ele in general gets boring IMO. Guess I'd go with druid, ranger staff is one of the best designed weapons in the game and great fun to use. 

I'm kinda biased cause I love ranger in general much more than ele, though i do play a lot of support tempest in PvP(and some fresh weaver). Druid just has way more going on that keeps it engaging and Rangers other Elite specs are also way more fun as well, compared to ele

2 hours ago, WhoWantsAHug.3186 said:

Druid has more build variety/flexibility. Tempest is lower skill cap and ele in general gets boring IMO. Guess I'd go with druid, ranger staff is one of the best designed weapons in the game and great fun to use. 

I'm kinda biased cause I love ranger in general much more than ele, though i do play a lot of support tempest in PvP(and some fresh weaver). Druid just has way more going on that keeps it engaging and Rangers other Elite specs are also way more fun as well, compared to ele

The auto attack heals on it are pitiful though, needs some coëfficiënt buff atleast to scale with healing power better