Map completions locked behind Meta Events

Hello,

I have recently began playing GW2 and decided the first thing I wanted to do was get 100% on each map as some form of completionism goal.

However I have come to see many Parts of this is locked behind a Meta event occuring, now in the Idea of "People do Metas" these doesn't seem awful, but this isn't the reality in every case, the final added map of EoD Gyala Delve or however written was my first road block, being told the meta has to occur and be completed for me to obtain 100%, Nobody does this event. I check every time this map is largely ignored so I suddenly cant do this event.

Short term i can see this pulling players to do this content continuously, Long term it feel frustrating. 

Is this really the only way to get these marked? 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

Gyala Delve is definitely an outlier in that the meta does need to happen to access the south and western portions of the map, with a meta that isn't as popular as others and isn't on a timer so needs 10+ players to start it. There are other areas of maps in the game that need either a meta or smaller event to access them, or some that are semi-locked (e.g. you can get to Mother's Lament in Dragon's End for map completion, but the area effect will likely kill you if the meta hasn't happened).

Gyala Delve does happen regularly enough, it's just finding/starting a map that can be tricky. Sometimes I keep the LFG panel open while playing something else if I want to do it, so I can go when a squad goes up. It's also fortunately not needed for any of the EoD elite spec weapon collections, so it's just a personal completion thing. Happy to try and get a meta going with you at some point if you want it!

• Like 5

The lantern and poi behind the Aspenwood meta in Echovald Wilds is also a big problem. They are moving others to be in front of the building itself, like in SoTo, yet this one still stays locked behind the very bad meta that not many people do. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Yep Anet has a terrible habit of locking up maps like that, and unfortunately GD is not high on the list of popular metas at all - but as another commenter said, it does happen often enough that you can do it, maybe not on a whim but you can. Even when Amnytas was still new (maybe had been out for a few days) I had to wait, oh I don't know 4 or 5 hours, to get that one stupid POI.
Don't forget the ol 'lfg' tool, when I need/want to open up a map that's the first place I go; it will take a minute, some maps will, but don't get to frustrated! You will get it eventually.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, corwin.3495 said:

The lantern and poi behind the Aspenwood meta in Echovald Wilds is also a big problem. They are moving others to be in front of the building itself, like in SoTo, yet this one still stays locked behind the very bad meta that not many people do. 

I see a common thread, both FA and GD are turtle meta, so many do not want to do them once achievements and rewards runout. 

45 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

I see a common thread, both FA and GD are turtle meta, so many do not want to do them once achievements and rewards runout. 

I'm not sure it's just the turtle part that puts people off. Aspenwood isn't the main meta for Echovald, so the rewards are pretty paltry. The only real reasons to do it are achievements and map completion. If it was just the turtle thing putting people off, it would have become more popular once skyscale got siege damage, which works fine on the batteries and is the only bit you need turtle for.

Gyala Delve is pretty profitable, but did have its rewards reduced to make it endlessly farmable, and has the unpopular haze mechanic and several long, repetitive sections as well as lots of health sponges. I think it'd remain unpopular even if you let people pick up the ley energy charges on any mount instead of forcing the use of turtle.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Obnoxa.6702 said:

Yep Anet has a terrible habit of locking up maps like that, and unfortunately GD is not high on the list of popular metas at all - but as another commenter said, it does happen often enough that you can do it, maybe not on a whim but you can. Even when Amnytas was still new (maybe had been out for a few days) I had to wait, oh I don't know 4 or 5 hours, to get that one stupid POI.
Don't forget the ol 'lfg' tool, when I need/want to open up a map that's the first place I go; it will take a minute, some maps will, but don't get to frustrated! You will get it eventually.

Tbh in echo also I managed to cheese the POIs without the event going, I went up the back and fell into the back bit, gave me the POi before teleporting me mid air in downed state to my death haha

these ones I couldn’t find a way around tho 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Manpag.6421 said:

Gyala Delve is definitely an outlier in that the meta does need to happen to access the south and western portions of the map, with a meta that isn't as popular as others and isn't on a timer so needs 10+ players to start it. There are other areas of maps in the game that need either a meta or smaller event to access them, or some that are semi-locked (e.g. you can get to Mother's Lament in Dragon's End for map completion, but the area effect will likely kill you if the meta hasn't happened).

Gyala Delve does happen regularly enough, it's just finding/starting a map that can be tricky. Sometimes I keep the LFG panel open while playing something else if I want to do it, so I can go when a squad goes up. It's also fortunately not needed for any of the EoD elite spec weapon collections, so it's just a personal completion thing. Happy to try and get a meta going with you at some point if you want it!

Yes please 🙂 

Haha felt sour after doing everything in EoD to be met with a brick wall with the final fight haha looks like I will have to try get the meta done 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Magmi.6723 said:

Yes please 🙂 

Haha felt sour after doing everything in EoD to be met with a brick wall with the final fight haha looks like I will have to try get the meta done 

Let me know if you're on EU or NA — I have an account on both, so I should be able to help either way.

• Like 2