Resistance and Fear Damage.

Vile.4387

Id like to utilize the trait making my fear do condition damage, it has the highest condition damage per tick without stacking from what I have seen, can we not neuter the Curses talent Terror by completely ignoring it in WvW/PvP to anyone with Resistance please.

Maintaining the NO CC is fine, but the damage should still occur as condition damage.

OR if you wanna get spicy, you could make Terror ALSO ignore resistance.

I just want to make the talent more dangerous, and necro overall in big battles. Stopping people from spamming boons for 2/3 seconds is huge, potentially 4 if in down state.

4 minutes ago, Vile.4387 said:

I just want to make the talent more dangerous, and necro overall in big battles. Stopping people from spamming boons for 2/3 seconds is huge, potentially 4 if in down state.

Oh I see, you mean for zerg gameplay.

Not exclusively zerg gameplay. Just think it would add more flavor to necro, the terror mancer. There are still plenty of condi clense/support builds. But having to press those buttons again or in addition to others, would be beneficial to the necro overall, in WvW/PvP.

Terror's damage does happen when the target has resistance, but no aegis and stability. I've seen fear deal damage to my health bar even when I had resistance, and vice versa to enemies. So there is a very niche counterplay to resistance! Fear Necro though gets countered by blocks, unless you are using wail of doom or spectral ring. Reaper however can use 'nothing can save you!' to create unblockable fears, but ofc the fear won't go off if targets have stability. Staff 5 with soul marks trait could also work, but I don't use the trait a lot.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, mirage.8046 said:

Terror's damage does happen when the target has resistance, but no aegis and stability. I've seen fear deal damage to my health bar even when I had resistance, and vice versa to enemies. So there is a very niche counterplay to resistance! Fear Necro though gets countered by blocks, unless you are using wail of doom or spectral ring. Reaper however can use 'nothing can save you!' to create unblockable fears, but ofc the fear won't go off if targets have stability. Staff 5 with soul marks trait could also work, but I don't use the trait a lot.

This. Terror still do damage on targets that are under the effect of resistance. Resistance only block the "control" part of the condition.

Must have been a different mechanic then. I saw an enemy have immune. I will continue to test it out then. Got about 2k hours on reaper and still finding things out.

9 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

This. Terror still do damage on targets that are under the effect of resistance. Resistance only block the "control" part of the condition.

Maybe its bugged vs golems then, because it didn't do damage to them. Possibly not doing damage to other things it should be damaging too considering the circumstance.