Answered: Suffused Obsidian: Defeat Convergences

Posted (edited)

Should I see stacks of this during progress? I see stacks for other things I haven't completed, but I believe I've done this twice during my second go at this (or at least once, just did one an hour ago) but I don't see any stacks for it.

I've switched to another character to do it. On that character, I see the partial stack for metas yet to complete, but nothing for the convergence bosses. This other character has not completed the SotO story, only my main. Is there some weird thing where only certain characters get credit for it? I know I've used other characters (who also have not complete the SotO story) to do the world boss step.

Suffused Obsidian: Defeat Convergences

Update: The convergence boss counter shows in the convergence or in the Wizard's Tower and nowhere else. Not entirely consistent with how other things are shown, but as long as I know what to expect and where to look for it, that works. Thanks again everyone!

Edited by notebene.3190
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, notebene.3190 said:

Should I see stacks of this during progress? I see stacks for other things I haven't completed, but I believe I've done this twice during my second go at this (or at least once, just did one an hour ago) but I don't see any stacks for it.

I've switched to another character to do it. On that character, I see the partial stack for metas yet to complete, but nothing for the convergence bosses. This other character has not completed the SotO story, only my main. Is there some weird thing where only certain characters get credit for it? I know I've used other characters (who also have not complete the SotO story) to do the world boss step.

Suffused Obsidian: Defeat Convergences

You need to have the Runestone of Suffusion in the inventory for steps to count. You can place it in a shared inventory slot if you decide to alternate characters.

The buffs which track the achievement steps are also very buggy.

This item must be with you during tasks to receive credit

- https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Runestone_of_Suffusion

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

You need to have the Runestone of Suffusion in the inventory for steps to count. You can place it in a shared inventory slot if you decide to alternate characters.

Forgot to mention that I had that in my shared inventory as well. I guess I'll know for sure tomorrow or the next day when I feel like I've done my 3rd (or 2nd) convergence!

When you do one, the buff appears without a number. WHen you do a second, you will see the white icon now has a 2 in it.

At least that was the case for me. It may not show unless you are in the Wizard's Tower though. I don#t think it showed for me in say Nayos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Randulf.7614 said:

It may not show unless you are in the Wizard's Tower though.

I was wondering the same thing. Next time I do convergence, I'll check all my buffs before I start and see if I have it with a 1 or a 2.

• notebene.3190 changed the title to Answered: Suffused Obsidian: Defeat Convergences