[BUG] Skills failing with Action Cam

Posted (edited)

Could we, after so many years, finally have this fixed? It's nice to add reticles and everything, but there are more important issues that need to be addressed, like any kind of skills failing even with the slightest narrow terrain, or whatever other reasons behind it.

Video attached

I know I'm not alone who plays Guild Wars exclusively in AC view, and swap between point-and-click (PAC) and AC only when required. Right now, I have to do this for every teleport skill and generally when I'm in melee range so I ensure that my skills won't fail, and that's not good user experience. It adds on the cognitive front to memorize even more actions on top of the complexity some classes come with.

Using Action Cam should not make non-projectile skills (like teleport to target, not ground-targeted teleports) miss. Playing Untamed (as seen in the video), my pet cannot teleport to my target even with the slightest narrow terrain, and often even when the terrain is flat. I don't need to go deep on the impact this has.

Edited by snh.7091
Added contextual info.
  • Sad 1

• snh.7091 changed the title to [BUG] Skills failing with Action Cam

I feel like I need to bump this topic because it doesn't get the attention it deserves. How can cosmetic issues be more important than usability issues? I understand the thirst for immediate revenue (gem store), but usability improvements ensure a product (the game) is enjoyable long-term.

• Haha 1