Temper your raid expectations for the next expansion.

The teaser says "...for OVER five years." Five years is 1820 days (without Leaps Years). The number of days since "The Key of Adashim" was added in fewer days than that.

If it is a raid wing be happy, just avoid getting your expectations up for it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

This thread or the "fact" that we might get another raid wing?  😅

There are various explanations, but two of the most persistent ones is that this refers to a new raid or player housing. Neither of which is confirmed. However, you are right, I would consider this thread also click bait 😉 and it worked on us lol

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

On 6/2/2024 at 8:22 AM, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

if raids are all they have to offer for the next xpac, I hope they earn a lot of money with the swimsuits cuz a failed feature that was abandoned years ago? Really?

It's not that it was abandoned years ago, it's the fact that they refused to control the same plague that pests the rest of MMO when it comes to raids: Elitism. It's coherent that there's certain grade of it, since it's the true endgame of the MMO, but on Gw2 it was exagerated, and instead of punishing certain behaviors they turned the blind eye to it, therefore new players saw what was there and said "I quit".

If they make it well, with something similar to fractals when it comes to difficulty (Like almost every MMO, that raids offer different diff tiers) it should be fine, newbies will have a tier to train and learn and uberhardcore elitists will also have somewhere to live.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

11 hours ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

Id say WvW and Fashion are the TRUE endgame. 🤷‍♂️

When it comes to PvE, raids are normally the true endgame of the MMORPG, I won't deny WvW because the combat system GW2 has it's god tier, but jokes aside, normally the endgame it's being able to take down what we know as raids xD

And Fashion... Well, that's more a preference than anything else.

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, Renegated.4132 said:

It's not that it was abandoned years ago, it's the fact that they refused to control the same plague that pests the rest of MMO when it comes to raids: Elitism. It's coherent that there's certain grade of it, since it's the true endgame of the MMO, but on Gw2 it was exagerated, and instead of punishing certain behaviors they turned the blind eye to it, therefore new players saw what was there and said "I quit".

If they make it well, with something similar to fractals when it comes to difficulty (Like almost every MMO, that raids offer different diff tiers) it should be fine, newbies will have a tier to train and learn and uberhardcore elitists will also have somewhere to live.

You keep creating windmills to fight, but yet fail to consider the real problem. ArenaNet made a imperfect looking for group tool, it has minimal filters, 0 requirements and 0 moderation. It was left to the players to moderate and filter other players to find likeminded people to clear instanced content. Moreover ArenaNet doesn't help with the fact that having good gear can multiply your dps by x10 instead of having bad gear. My last point is the lack of introduction to mechanics, we saw it in the new meta where people have no clue what greens are/or the lack of real damage done on the boss. If their plan was to put player vs player, their objective was a success.

Edited by Kato.4902
  • Confused 2

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Kato.4902 said:

You keep creating windmills to fight, but yet fail to consider the real problem. ArenaNet made a imperfect looking for group tool, it has minimal filters, 0 requirements and 0 moderation. It was left to the players to moderate and filter other players to find likeminded people to clear instanced content. Moreover ArenaNet doesn't help with the fact that having good gear can multiply your dps by x10 instead of having bad gear. My last point is the lack of introduction to mechanics, we saw it in the new meta where people have no clue what greens are/or the lack of real damage done on the boss. If their plan was to put player vs player, their objective was a success.

The LFG was a mess before the implementation of raids, you can't blame the LFG for being a nuissance to the raids because it was a nuissance already. The fact that good gear increases your DPS by a lot shouldn't be an issue, it's a bit obvious that, unless you are a tank or healer, you need the best possible gear, gear that could be obtained in fractals, the previous step on the ladder back in the day, if you can manage the highest tier of fractals, you can get inside raids. And when it comes to mechanics, you don't need to be an expect to understand them to a certain point, VG for example, once you eat the first explosion, you already understand that you need to do something with that, with the TP you don't need to be Einstein to understand that "Being TPd = Less time doing damage" and so on.

I understand what you mean when you say that they didn't introduce them well, but hey, people are not stupid, once they fall once, if they fall twice it's because of a fail, not because distraction xD

And well, when I say that they are not stupid, I talk for the 98-99% of the community, because there are some that deserve a kick in the nuts...

Edited by Renegated.4132
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Unfortunately how bad end game content design has been, I really have no hope for this open world encounter being repackaged into a raid. Lets look at anet current track record with soto.

CO CM: boring boss with a broken green mechanic, never has been fixed.

Ceres CM: happy little accident, still a bug ridden boss with weird pathing and phasing issues. Horrible difficulty settings. LCM should be the hardest difficulty setting, but in reality EoS is the hardest challenge. Generally the boss has grow on me for the puzzle box aspect.

Lonely Tower: bug ridden unfun mess. Even bob ross would say this was a mistake. Currently the people clearing it are using a probable bug to clear the encounter.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2