QOL pass on the Necromancer's Core Shroud skills

Posted (edited)

Problem:
Core Shroud Skills -> Slow, unrewarding to land and underperforming in certain aspects.

Description:

1. AutoAttack - Too slow for every game mode and it feels very clunky in fights. Long After Casts.
    In general cast time is high(1s) for a projectile skill that needs to travel to hit enemy taking even more time.
  2. Death Shroud#2 - Projectile speed very very slow and the flip over skill does not give enough time interval to utilise its effect.
    This skill gives no power to player unless traited with path of corruption in pvp and wvw. Flip skill feels empty.
  3. Death Shroud#4 - Very long cast time(3.5s) which doesn't output enough reward for completing it. Dps and utility wise.
    Very high risk to use this skill as any random cc can invoke Interrupted status during its cast making all shroud skills on 3sec cooldown.
    Since we cant use utility skills while in shroud so the punish is extremely high for using this skill on getting interrupted.

Suggestions:

1. AutoAttack - It can use the underwater Death Shroud AA cast times and after cast values. Underwater variant feels extremely fluid with very minimal after casts and flows extremely well.
  2. Death Shroud#2 - Make the projectile a tiny bit faster + Increase the bleed values on the initial skill.
    On the flip skill, a Blind can make it worth porting in and allow a bigger interval for flip skill to be used.
  3. Death Shroud#4 - Just needs buff to power strike damage and base bleed duration(2s->5s).
    Either that or change bleeds into poison on same duration(2s), because the bleeds were introduced to help core shroud cleave downs. Bleeds on 2s duration don't do that but poison does while providing utility of not letting people rez faster in that interval. This can also enable poison trait in Death Magic which is highly underused.

I feel like these are pretty tame changes and can be acceptable in all game modes as is.

Core Shroud with time has lost its niche in all game modes and it seems like it has hit its expiry date nowadays.

I hope devs see this post and are able to acknowledge the problems i mentioned with the core shroud and hopefully find any changes worth implementing in the game.

Edited by XECOR.2814
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

I hear you. The devs even proved that they are aware how a "modern" shroud should look like when they designed the Specter. But I seriously doubt they will ever substantially change the Core Necro shroud skills. They still haven't bothered fixing  the underwater skills of Harbinger shroud (both skill #3 and #4 are bugged since launch). 

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)

As this point I'm willing to settle for opposite of Harbinger Shroud.
That is throw away it's skills while keeping the damage soak functionality.
Just let me use my normal mode skills when shrouded.

Or better yet, add life blast to regular weapon autos, each landed auto, fires off life blast passively.
Rest of weapon skills and utilities stay intact.

Edited by StraightPath.3972
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, StraightPath.3972 said:

As this point I'm willing to settle for opposite of Harbinger Shroud.
That is just keep the shield aspect of it and take away the skills.
Just let me use my normal mode skills when shrouded.

Or better yet, add life blast to regular weapon autos, each landed auto, fires off life blast passively.
Rest of weapon skills and utilities stay intact.

I love that idea, since I've never liked Death Shroud. 

• XECOR.2814 changed the title to QOL pass on the Necromancer's Core Shroud skills