Silent Surf, final boss teleport phase

I've noticed during the final boss at his teleport phases (I think at 66% & 33%) there's no way to dodge or mitigate his damage (protection doesn't work). I watch people in T4 drop instantly from it and at T3 he does half health to people. Is this intended?

Much appreciated

4 hours ago, Merica Madman.4695 said:

I've noticed during the final boss at his teleport phases (I think at 66% & 33%) there's no way to dodge or mitigate his damage (protection doesn't work). I watch people in T4 drop instantly from it and at T3 he does half health to people. Is this intended?

Much appreciated

If you mean the phase where he puts numbers over every party member and then teleports to them in order, it's based on a percentage of max health (50% I believe).  So to avoid going down you need to ideally avoid damage in the preceding phase so your healer can keep you topped off going into the split.

After 33% you additionally have to avoid looking at the boss or you get feared potentially off the platform.  I believe this is only instant death in CM.  Just look away during the split and move laterally to avoid looking at the boss when he teleports to you.

• Like 1

On 6/8/2024 at 1:48 AM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

If you mean the phase where he puts numbers over every party member and then teleports to them in order, it's based on a percentage of max health (50% I believe).  So to avoid going down you need to ideally avoid damage in the preceding phase so your healer can keep you topped off going into the split.

After 33% you additionally have to avoid looking at the boss or you get feared potentially off the platform.  I believe this is only instant death in CM.  Just look away during the split and move laterally to avoid looking at the boss when he teleports to you.

The 'looking away during numbers aoes' is only on CM at 33% and below. He doesn't do the eye mechanic during numbers aoes in normal mode.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Chyro.1462 said:

The 'looking away during numbers aoes' is only on CM at 33% and below. He doesn't do the eye mechanic during numbers aoes in normal mode.

Ah, thanks.  Disregard that part then.  I guess I haven't done the normal mode since the CM released.