Pls change Relic of Lyhr's activation to be "on using healing skill"

StraightPath.3972

This relic's extremely potent but dangerous effect (redirecting incoming damage from multiple allies to self),
along with it's internal cooldown require the user to be very mindful with it's activation.

A far cry from practice where it's trigger condition (heal an ally) causes it's default users (healers)
to proc it left and right uncontrollably because it's their job to pump heals all the time.
And with that the relic can become more of a liability than an asset.

So i suggest to change the trigger condition to activating the healing skill.
A healer is rarely forced to use it for self survival due to numerous other sources of healing,
making it a far better tool for controlling this particular relic.

Edited by StraightPath.3972
  • Like 1
  • Confused 6

36 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You want more reliable method of activation (not just "on any heal") and you don't want to draw damage to yourself from the supported ally, so.... use relic of the flock instead?

I think OP still wants the damage transfer, but yes Flock is the better alternative to Lyhr

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

You want more reliable method of activation (not just "on any heal") and you don't want to draw damage to yourself from the supported ally, so.... use relic of the flock instead?

I very much want to draw damage from supported allies - at the time of my choosing.

So I can be sure it's not on cooldown when real danger presents itself.
And that my own defenses are ready to take the shared pain.

26 minutes ago, Parasite.5389 said:

I think OP still wants the damage transfer, but yes Flock is the better alternative to Lyhr

This guy gets it, ty.
Hence my post - I want Lyhr to be a good, reliable option so those who want to use it can use it.
Instead of having to go to other Relics cause this one is too unpredictable in it's current iteration.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, StraightPath.3972 said:

I very much want to draw damage from supported allies - at the time of my choosing.

So I can be sure it's not on cooldown when real danger presents itself.
And that my own defenses are ready to take the shared pain.

This guy gets it, ty.
Hence my post - I want Lyhr to be a good, reliable option so those who want to use it can use it.
Instead of having to go to other Relics cause this one is too unpredictable in it's current iteration.

I'm fairly sure the beginning of your first post contained the complaint/question about the rune effect along the lines of "why do I need to damage myself to help my allies", which is why I answered the way I did.
Now it's edited out (along with other smaller changes made to that post) . If in the end you do want to keep that effect then ok, that's clear now and I think moving the trigger to the healing skill is still a good idea. But, again, I mentioned rune of flock because that's not really how the post was worded before.

Edited by Sobx.1758

22 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I'm fairly sure the beginning of your first post contained the complaint/question about the rune effect along the lines of "why do I need to damage myself to help my allies", which is why I answered the way I did.
Now it's edited out (along with other smaller changes made to that post) . If in the end you do want to keep that effect then ok, that's clear now and I think moving the trigger to the healing skill is still a good idea. But, again, I mentioned rune of flock because that's not really how the post was worded before.

Let's consider it poor wording on my part the first time around.
I have no issue with damage being transferred to me, I very much approve of this twist.
It forces some conscious build choices to adapt to it, which is a good in my eyes.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, StraightPath.3972 said:

Let's consider it poor wording on my part the first time around.

No problem, just pointing out my answer was truthful and directly relevant to what you wrote there, but then the first post got ninja-edited.

3 hours ago, StraightPath.3972 said:

I have no issue with damage being transferred to me, I very much approve of this twist.
It forces some conscious build choices to adapt to it, which is a good in my eyes.

Yup, healers often stack tanky stats in this game anyways, so taking part of damage dealt to glassier dps builds isn't a huge problem as a way to support them.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Haha 1