Question how can someone like revenant or non stealth class get stealth???

Question what is said in title.

I recently saw a Herald revenant enter every 30 seconds or something gain few seconds temporarily stealth. And no he didn't teleport away in assassin stance, I watched that clearly because I lost also completely target everytime.

So is there some sort of relic I am looking over with blind eyes, missing it everytime while scrolling through them????

ย 

ย 

To add, this was in free for all arena, so no smoke field combos to enter it

Edited by arazoth.7290

some of the stealth abilities can give stealth to allies, too.

in WvW, the other day, i was chasing a willbender, and then it went invisible while still close enough to be stuck in combat.... not 10 seconds later, a thief came out of stealth while backstabbiong me. which means the thief stealthed the willbender, then ambushed me in the middle of the zerg.

mesmers and engineers (as scrappers) also have group stealth abilities, but are far more hard pressed to maintain self stealth long enough to be able sneak around AND to group-stealth others from stealth. That's pretty much reserved for a thief. Though i must admit that in PvE, groups of say, 10 mesmers are able to perma-stealth the entire mesmer group.

the only runes that USED TO give stealth were trapper runes, BEFORE the SotO rune change that brought relics and removed rune stealth and rune summons.

PS: also, if your settings are low enough, you won't be able to see certain enemy skill/ spell effects from small ranges

Edited by Forgotten Legend.9281

They don't, someone stealthed them. Mesmers with mass invisibility are the most likely responsible, that thing has 1200 radius. Either that or they leaped\blasted someone else's smoke field, but does rev even have any meaningful finisher? I don't think they do.

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695

16 minutes ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

some of the stealth abilities can give stealth to allies, too.

in WvW, the other day, i was chasing a willbender, and then it went invisible while still close enough to be stuck in combat.... not 10 seconds later, a thief came out of stealth while backstabbiong me. which means the thief stealthed the willbender, then ambushed me in the middle of the zerg.

mesmers and engineers (as scrappers) also have group stealth abilities, but are far more hard pressed to maintain self stealth long enough to be able sneak around AND to group-stealth others from stealth. That's pretty much reserved for a thief. Though i must admit that in PvE, groups of say, 10 mesmers are able to perma-stealth the entire mesmer group.

the only runes that USED TO give stealth were trapper runes, BEFORE the SotO rune change that brought relics and removed rune stealth and rune summons.

PS: also, if your settings are low enough, you won't be able to see certain enemy skill/ spell effects from small ranges

This happened in free for all arena.

I stood close to the pillar with that person fighting and suddenly poof. Nobody stood on the pillar to troll with group stealth so far I saw. I must have been affected by it too then but didn't.

Uhm either way idk why this happened, but I know 1 thing I don't want baseline stealth abilities for my revenant by seeing this ๐Ÿ˜…

2 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

They don't, someone stealthed them. Mesmers with mass invisibility are the most likely responsible, that thing has 1200 radius. Either that or they leaped\blasted someone else's smoke field, but does rev even have any meaningful finisher? I don't think they do.

It was in free for all arena.

So combo field finishers are they not going to benefit from mmm.

And I didn't get affected by that mass stealth neither so idk

1 hour ago, arazoth.7290 said:

It was in free for all arena.

So combo field finishers are they not going to benefit from mmm.

And I didn't get affected by that mass stealth neither so idk

A mesmer uses mass invis from some column, it can affect people in the arena too. The rev was probably in the radius and you were not.

34 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

A mesmer uses mass invis from some column, it can affect people in the arena too. The rev was probably in the radius and you were not.

And is it possible to do around every 30-40 seconds, because It has 1 minute cd? Because he went 3 times in it and ir was far from 3 minutes ๐Ÿ˜…

5 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Question how can someone like revenant or non stealth class get stealth???

Ok look, let me explain how this works:

1. Go look for a cloud of smoke. It could be from someone's cigar or if they are having a bonfire.
  2. Stand very close to the smoke. Now jump up into the air as high as you canย and make sure to stomp your feet on the ground on your way down.
  3. You'll notice that this will turn you completely invisible and you can entertain family & friends with this trick.
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

And is it possible to do around every 30-40 seconds, because It has 1 minute cd? Because he went 3 times in it and ir was far from 3 minutes ๐Ÿ˜…

Maybe there's alacrity, maybe it's a chronomancer with CS, maybe you made a mistake and it was more than 40s. Not like this game lacks ways to bypass cooldowns anyway. But revenant has no self stealth access (yet)

Edited by Terrorhuz.4695

16 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Ok look, let me explain how this works:

1. Go look for a cloud of smoke. It could be from someone's cigar or if they are having a bonfire.
  2. Stand very close to the smoke. Now jump up into the air as high as you canย and make sure to stomp your feet on the ground on your way down.
  3. You'll notice that this will turn you completely invisible and you can entertain family & friends with this trick.

3rd time, it was free for all arena. You can't benefit from others their smokefield then (so far I know)

6 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Maybe there's alacrity, maybe it's a chronomancer with CS, maybe you made a mistake and it was more than 40s. Not like this game lacks ways to bypass cooldowns anyway. But revenant has no self stealth access (yet)

Well it might have been between 40-50 seconds with alac then max.

If I felt time passing faster then.

Well nonethless it was pretty troll however he got it ๐Ÿ˜‚. This really makes me hope revenant never gets stealth ๐Ÿ˜…

2 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

3rd time, it was free for all arena. You can't benefit from others their smokefield then (so far I know)

Imagine if IRL, you went on a trip to stone henge with your friends. Then you decided to climb up on one of those pillars and drink a gatorade. You noticed it was the clear see-through flavor, glacial cherry. You noticed it said on the bottle "1200 radius". When you drank it, you noticed it turned your body completely invisible, and somehow your friends standing at the bottom of the stone henge pillar also turned completely invisible.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

Question what is said in title.

I recently saw a Herald revenant enter every 30 seconds or something gain few seconds temporarily stealth. And no he didn't teleport away in assassin stance, I watched that clearly because I lost also completely target everytime.

So is there some sort of relic I am looking over with blind eyes, missing it everytime while scrolling through them????

ย 

ย 

was he full hp every time he came back?ย 

19 hours ago, arazoth.7290 said:

My guess is a DE that was standing on pillars or outside was laying down Sniper cover smokefield under him.

All he needed to do now is combo it.

If the DE is outside the Arena, you can combo the smokefield.

Weยดve been doing this alot with Stealth Freshair XD

30 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

My guess is a DE that was standing on pillars or outside was laying down Sniper cover smokefield under him.

All he needed to do now is combo it.

If the DE is outside the Arena, you can combo the smokefield.

Weยดve been doing this alot with Stealth Freshair XD

well let me tell you, rev with stealth is annoying as hell ๐Ÿ˜‚. Because suddenly a power Herald with almost no cleanse could survive a lot longer then I had ever seen because if it hehe.

But ohwell, it's either what u said or a troll mesmer on pillar lol.

Spear for rev better has no smokefields hehe, gime our changing wep abilties on stance (no like Trident)

1 hour ago, arazoth.7290 said:

well let me tell you, rev with stealth is annoying as hell ๐Ÿ˜‚. Because suddenly a power Herald with almost no cleanse could survive a lot longer then I had ever seen because if it hehe.

But ohwell, it's either what u said or a troll mesmer on pillar lol.

Spear for rev better has no smokefields hehe, gime our changing wep abilties on stance (no like Trident)

just FYI,ย  Ele spear has a smokefield.ย ย 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/10/2024 at 12:39 PM, arazoth.7290 said:

It would require a certain level of coordinated trolling but you can smoke field > surrender to make it neutral iirc

17 minutes ago, Unknown.6851 said:

It would require a certain level of coordinated trolling but you can smoke field > surrender to make it neutral iirc

Well it was nice trolling indeed. I was like okeyyy challenged accepted to defeat rev with stealth then ๐Ÿ˜‚.

It makes their escape potential a lot better, more then I imagined hehe