Griffon is not a glider?

While trying to achieve achievement, I participated in races with a griffon because I did not properly read what a race was. Griffon was a mount that I always wanted to master, but I didn't pay attention to it because I owned a skysale. When I tried to learn before, I realized that I needed to change the key settings, and after trying for a few hours without changing it, I watched videos about it on YouTube and tried again,again and gave up. I realized I was a pretty bad girrifon rider and put it aside to try again in the future. I tried the same race exactly seventy-seven times because I thought I had to finish the race for Arechivement. When I couldn't manage it, I thought it was time to change my key settings and I did. After a few tries, I was successful. I had chosen a particularly simple race, but I thought I had made the wrong race for the archivement and started trying the more difficult race again without reading it fully. Of course, I didn't know that this race was quite difficult, in fact the hardest race in the game. I made exactly sixty-three attempts and finally succeeded. I made a few more attempts to test myself and I succeeded again and again. So, I am now a master griffon rider. Of course, all these attempts and successes did not help me complete the archivemete because I misunderstood it, but I completed it with a different race that I could complete even by walking on the ground. Practicing in GW2 helps you become a master of the game. The more you work on something, the more successful you become. When I first played with Deadeye, I would constantly die in the open world, in boss battles or in any difficult battle, I would always be one of the first to die. Today, I made many bounties and killed many  bosses. Even though almost everyone else died, I started to survive on my own. In my opinion, the classes played by the dead players had a lot of survival potential. The benefits of practice. I used to have a hard time passing the jumping puzzles, but today I have solved many jumping puzzles without falling or returning to the beginning. The benefits of trying and practicing over and over again. One of the differences between GW2 and other MMORPGs is that you can easily access end game items, but you make progress depending on your skill. The more you work, the better you get at the game. In a different space themed game that I will not name, be the smartest, most talented and knowledgeable person in the game and someone who paid $10,000 for it will easily crush you in PVP and they call it fun. Our game is really well designed.

Of course, we, the players, always want better and more. I think you will all agree that trying and practicing again and again in GW2 is beneficial, so I wanted to write down some of my ideas that I want to be added to the game (yes again).

1-A hot air balloon mounth that five players can use at the same time. Five players will be required to use the balloon. The balloon owner will only decide the direction of the balloon, but will not be able to move forward, backward, up or down. One player, the owner of the balloon, will decide only the direction, that is, the pilot. Two players will use the wings hanging from the side of the basket of the balloon to move it forward or backward as if rowing. There will be two wings, one player per wing. One player will control the flamethrower, which blows hot air into the balloon from the middle of the basket, and will adjust the temperature and intensity of the flame, causing it to go up or down. The last player will control the cannon gun attached to the basket of the balloon. Improvements to the balloon will enable faster ascent, descent, and back-and-forth transport, as well as the ability to drop bombs on the ground for the sixth player. The balloon will be able to remain suspended in the air without landing on the ground and can be boarded with a rope langing towards the ground. The purpose of adding the rope to the balloon is so that we can swing using our own weight and throw ourselves away from the balloon with the speed and momentum we gain. I think this type of mount can be used to help new players and in WVW. The balloon's rope can be used to jump or land on the castle walls in WVW.

2-New types of pvp games but we will not kill each other in any of them. Don't ask if PVP is possible like this. Football, American football, tennis , volleyball, chariot races and golem battles.

A-     I should start explaining with Golem battles. Simply put, players will make their golems fight remotely in an arena with various traps and obstacles, but every part and weapon of the golems will be developed and selected by the players. Robot wars but with golems.

B-      American football ,Tennis , Volleyball and  Football sports games. It will be played by the players, but all will be a games that depends on the abilities of the players by choosing the appropriate skills and roles for the game, and it should also have a leagues. Players must play in a suitable area and with appropriate skills, and new skins specific to the game should be added. They should be designed in accordance with the world of the game, but their foundations should be based on these.

C-      Horse chariot races. In these races, players will race using a horse carriage, just like in Roman times. They can race as one or two people in the horse carriage. In a two-person race, one player will be able to both defend and attack while the other player drives the car. He will be able to block the arrows shot at him or his teammate. yad ak will be able to shoot arrows himself. The player who is hit by the arrow will fall out of the car, but the player who stays will be able to continue driving the car.

3- I think the thieves are far behind in the game. They have few weapons suitable for their class and the gameplay is quite bad. For this reason, I think a new weapon and ninja specialization should be added to the game for thieves. Our new weapon will only be available for ninjas and its name is Kusarigama. A weapon that we see a lot in ninja movies will be used with two hands and its range should be high even though it is a melee weapon. It should be a weapon with many area effects and allow us to fight multiple enemies at the same time, like ninjas. When we play with Ninja, we should also be prevented from using secondary weapons and instead we should be able to use karate as a secondary weapon. That is, classic kicks, punches and judo movements. This is the ninja way. Or instead of this new weapon, we should be able to use a sword in one hand, but like ninjas, and our other weapon should be karate.

4- Various changes must be made so that we can play music in all major cities. In order to make more use of the musical instruments we have in the game, changes should be made in various show areas that will be added to places such as inns and cafes in the cities of the game, so that players can win various prizes by playing music by pressing the buttons shown to them in order.

5- Zoo and botanical garden should be added to the game. A building should be added to a certain area, where players can see all the monsters, animals and plants in the game, excluding bosses. Players should be able to get information about the monsters, animals and plants in the game in this area, and this area should also contain some kind of amusement park.

6- Animal fighting and gambling areas should be added to the game for the Rangers. While animals are making love, their owners must decide which abilities they will use. In short, pokemon fighting.Combatants should be able to gamble on this issue.

7- Deadeye was considered as a sniper and was given abilities accordingly, but I think it has some shortcomings. An addition should be made to the ability to shoot while crouching. The ability to shoot while lying on the ground should be added. If our field of vision is open when we lie down on the ground, our attack range should increase to 2000 instead of 1500, and when we lie down on the ground, we must automatically become invisible and fire a shot that has a very long cooldown but deals very high damage. This access can be achieved by pressing the crouch button twice. This is a shot that deals very high damage. It must be a skill and the targeted enemy must be informed about it. All hits must be critical and ignore armor, and they must not be blocked. There is intelligence and logic, even an archer has a higher range than a sniper.

8- Areas where RP players can work as waiters or run a shop should be added to the game. I think shops and cafes run by players should be added to the game, this is very important. There was a mmorpg that I played for a long time, I lost my account information in the game and wanted to go back to playing it. Although the game is very, very old, it is still alive thanks to the RP players in the only cafe in the game's city. The RP players in this game ensure that the game remains active even though 20 years have passed, thanks to the RP they made in that cafe. Cafes and shops are very important for RP players and many games earn a lot of money thanks to them. I think we can achieve this by having players rent and manage shops or cafes at certain points in big cities. This can be greatly improved by giving the renting players appropriate skills to earn money and behave accordingly.

I acted a little toxic in the game today, I apologize for that. I opened the commander tag by explaining which region and how many bounties we would hunt and for what purpose. The players who entered were in a completely different region and were standing afk, and this made me nervous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 35
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, QueenKeriti.5176 said:

I feel like this is a thread where the Confused react genuinely means "confused" vs (only) being used as a makeshift downvote.

You are correct. I got about halfway through and thought to myself: "what am I reading? I have no idea".

• Like 12

Personally, a problem I have had:  I would put too many ideas into a single forum reply.  Quite often people will reply to one idea in my post but the other ideas get ignored.    If I have four ideas I usually have to make at least two separate replies.  It is also helpful to allow some hours to pass before posting my next two ideas.  People seem to give each of my ideas more thought if I allow time to pass between posts.  That has been my experience replying to a single thread.

A similar method could be used to cut up the original post in this thread. 
The section about a hot-air balloon mount could be it's own topic in the general discussion forum.

The paragraph about deadeye could be a topic in the thief sub-forum inside of the professions forum. 
The paragraph about a ninja specialization should be it's own topic and in the thief sub-forum as well.  I would not put both thief ideas in the same topic because people who want to talk about deadeye will ignore your ninja idea, and people who want to talk about your ninja idea will ignore the deadeye parts.

The golem battles and ranger pet battles could be in the same topic as the pvp sports and chariot races.  That topic would be posted in the pvp forum, or here in general discussion, I am not sure.  They are pvp related activities but they aren't pvp exactly.

The player run roleplaying shops, the rewards for playing music in those shops, and the zoo and botanical garden should be a topic.  the title of that topic might mention quality of life or (qol) suggestion. this should be in general discussion.

The griffin story, and your apology for being a little toxic in game, should go to the players helping players forum as a single topic, I think.

If I had been looking for thief ideas I would never have clicked on this topic at all.  I thought that this topic was going to be about the griffon mount.  You will get more engagement if you have more topics that each contain just a few suggestions.  Make sure the suggestions are related to each other if they are in the same topic.  That way people who are interested in each of your ideas will see them and they can discuss those ideas that interest them.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 hours ago, eriniy.8607 said:

While animals are making love, their owners must decide which abilities they will use.

Can someone else confirm that this sentence is real?!? I'm doubting myself here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 11

The first "paragraph"....that was.... interesting.  I read just out of morbid curiosity.  Like people who gawk at car accidents. For those who want a summary:  all things get easier with practice and OP did not know what a race was.  

1.  Hot air balloons....maybe as part of Festival of the Four Winds?  But I don't really see it as a potential aerial combat mode.  

2.  I shall ask if PvP is possible this way regardless, so there.  

A.  Rock em sock em robots.  Wizards play it in one of the bastions in Amnytas.  Cute but only as an aside, not as a mini game.   Maybe if we interacted with them it would be fun.  Not interested in robot wars.  

B. Yuck, no.

C.  There are no horses in Tyria.   And also no.  

3.  Ninjas....that would be a new profession, no a rework.

4.  Couldn't be less interested in music as I usually have my own background music playing.  

5.  I don't think putting bosses in a zoo is very appropriate.  Also no, I prefer the little beasties run free in Tyria.  Botanical garden sounds cool. 

6.  Might reword this one.  Animal fighting sounds like dog or rooster fighting and thats an absolute no.   Especially with gambling.  Bad enough we bet on moas.  Pokemon has been done in WoW with minis.   It's fine but I don't see it being implemented in GW2.  

7.  I don't play thief so I didn't read it. 

8.  I don't RP, cheers to those who do, so no opinion.   

I'm glad OP realized they were being toxic in game.  No clue why people standing made them nervous but ok.   Better commanding next time.  

That was a LOT of ideas in one long post.  Please break them up more next time I to different posts, i.e.  post a out thieves in the thief profession forum, PvP in the PvP forum, etc.  

• Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Pifil.5193 said:

Can someone else confirm that this sentence is real?!? I'm doubting myself here.

I hope something was lost in translation lol.  Or maybe they get way more out of the pixel pets than I do.   

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, notebene.3190 said:

A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.

A donut is topologically equivalent to a coffee mug.

A donut with no holes should be called a donot.

• Haha 8

I do actually think hot air balloons or some similar vehicle would be a good addition to the game, being a kind of slow, chilled air skiff to carry new players around, but your idea for implementation is utterly horrible. Bear in mind, the most frequent complaints about the turtle are that it's seen as a useless/co-op only mount which people never use because they feel they need another person, are annoyed they can't use the cannons on their own mount, and find it difficult to coordinate use of Overdrive in a way that's actually helpful. And that's something that you can freely drive/fight on without a second player. Requiring four people in perfect sync just to even fly the thing is a total non-starter. You could make the cannons do 2 million damage and people would still rather use the skyscale fireball because they don't need anyone else to pilot or shoot it.

If they do something like that, it needs to be just like skiff: one pilot, who controls the whole thing, with maybe four passengers who can help in some small way. Almost totally free flight, but slow, and no ability to dismount until you've landed would give it a niche without being too broken.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, eriniy.8607 said:

While trying to achieve achievement, I participated in races with a griffon because I did not properly read what a race was. Griffon was a mount that I always wanted to master, but I didn't pay attention to it because I owned a skysale. When I tried to learn before, I realized that I needed to change the key settings, and after trying for a few hours without changing it, I watched videos about it on YouTube and tried again,again and gave up. I realized I was a pretty bad girrifon rider and put it aside to try again in the future. I tried the same race exactly seventy-seven times because I thought I had to finish the race for Arechivement. When I couldn't manage it, I thought it was time to change my key settings and I did. After a few tries, I was successful. I had chosen a particularly simple race, but I thought I had made the wrong race for the archivement and started trying the more difficult race again without reading it fully. Of course, I didn't know that this race was quite difficult, in fact the hardest race in the game. I made exactly sixty-three attempts and finally succeeded. I made a few more attempts to test myself and I succeeded again and again. So, I am now a master griffon rider. Of course, all these attempts and successes did not help me complete the archivemete because I misunderstood it, but I completed it with a different race that I could complete even by walking on the ground. Practicing in GW2 helps you become a master of the game. The more you work on something, the more successful you become. When I first played with Deadeye, I would constantly die in the open world, in boss battles or in any difficult battle, I would always be one of the first to die. Today, I made many bounties and killed many  bosses. Even though almost everyone else died, I started to survive on my own. In my opinion, the classes played by the dead players had a lot of survival potential. The benefits of practice. I used to have a hard time passing the jumping puzzles, but today I have solved many jumping puzzles without falling or returning to the beginning. The benefits of trying and practicing over and over again. One of the differences between GW2 and other MMORPGs is that you can easily access end game items, but you make progress depending on your skill. The more you work, the better you get at the game. In a different space themed game that I will not name, be the smartest, most talented and knowledgeable person in the game and someone who paid $10,000 for it will easily crush you in PVP and they call it fun. Our game is really well designed.

Of course, we, the players, always want better and more. I think you will all agree that trying and practicing again and again in GW2 is beneficial, so I wanted to write down some of my ideas that I want to be added to the game (yes again).

1-A hot air balloon mounth that five players can use at the same time. Five players will be required to use the balloon. The balloon owner will only decide the direction of the balloon, but will not be able to move forward, backward, up or down. One player, the owner of the balloon, will decide only the direction, that is, the pilot. Two players will use the wings hanging from the side of the basket of the balloon to move it forward or backward as if rowing. There will be two wings, one player per wing. One player will control the flamethrower, which blows hot air into the balloon from the middle of the basket, and will adjust the temperature and intensity of the flame, causing it to go up or down. The last player will control the cannon gun attached to the basket of the balloon. Improvements to the balloon will enable faster ascent, descent, and back-and-forth transport, as well as the ability to drop bombs on the ground for the sixth player. The balloon will be able to remain suspended in the air without landing on the ground and can be boarded with a rope langing towards the ground. The purpose of adding the rope to the balloon is so that we can swing using our own weight and throw ourselves away from the balloon with the speed and momentum we gain. I think this type of mount can be used to help new players and in WVW. The balloon's rope can be used to jump or land on the castle walls in WVW.

2-New types of pvp games but we will not kill each other in any of them. Don't ask if PVP is possible like this. Football, American football, tennis , volleyball, chariot races and golem battles.

A-     I should start explaining with Golem battles. Simply put, players will make their golems fight remotely in an arena with various traps and obstacles, but every part and weapon of the golems will be developed and selected by the players. Robot wars but with golems.

B-      American football ,Tennis , Volleyball and  Football sports games. It will be played by the players, but all will be a games that depends on the abilities of the players by choosing the appropriate skills and roles for the game, and it should also have a leagues. Players must play in a suitable area and with appropriate skills, and new skins specific to the game should be added. They should be designed in accordance with the world of the game, but their foundations should be based on these.

C-      Horse chariot races. In these races, players will race using a horse carriage, just like in Roman times. They can race as one or two people in the horse carriage. In a two-person race, one player will be able to both defend and attack while the other player drives the car. He will be able to block the arrows shot at him or his teammate. yad ak will be able to shoot arrows himself. The player who is hit by the arrow will fall out of the car, but the player who stays will be able to continue driving the car.

3- I think the thieves are far behind in the game. They have few weapons suitable for their class and the gameplay is quite bad. For this reason, I think a new weapon and ninja specialization should be added to the game for thieves. Our new weapon will only be available for ninjas and its name is Kusarigama. A weapon that we see a lot in ninja movies will be used with two hands and its range should be high even though it is a melee weapon. It should be a weapon with many area effects and allow us to fight multiple enemies at the same time, like ninjas. When we play with Ninja, we should also be prevented from using secondary weapons and instead we should be able to use karate as a secondary weapon. That is, classic kicks, punches and judo movements. This is the ninja way. Or instead of this new weapon, we should be able to use a sword in one hand, but like ninjas, and our other weapon should be karate.

4- Various changes must be made so that we can play music in all major cities. In order to make more use of the musical instruments we have in the game, changes should be made in various show areas that will be added to places such as inns and cafes in the cities of the game, so that players can win various prizes by playing music by pressing the buttons shown to them in order.

5- Zoo and botanical garden should be added to the game. A building should be added to a certain area, where players can see all the monsters, animals and plants in the game, excluding bosses. Players should be able to get information about the monsters, animals and plants in the game in this area, and this area should also contain some kind of amusement park.

6- Animal fighting and gambling areas should be added to the game for the Rangers. While animals are making love, their owners must decide which abilities they will use. In short, pokemon fighting.Combatants should be able to gamble on this issue.

7- Deadeye was considered as a sniper and was given abilities accordingly, but I think it has some shortcomings. An addition should be made to the ability to shoot while crouching. The ability to shoot while lying on the ground should be added. If our field of vision is open when we lie down on the ground, our attack range should increase to 2000 instead of 1500, and when we lie down on the ground, we must automatically become invisible and fire a shot that has a very long cooldown but deals very high damage. This access can be achieved by pressing the crouch button twice. This is a shot that deals very high damage. It must be a skill and the targeted enemy must be informed about it. All hits must be critical and ignore armor, and they must not be blocked. There is intelligence and logic, even an archer has a higher range than a sniper.

8- Areas where RP players can work as waiters or run a shop should be added to the game. I think shops and cafes run by players should be added to the game, this is very important. There was a mmorpg that I played for a long time, I lost my account information in the game and wanted to go back to playing it. Although the game is very, very old, it is still alive thanks to the RP players in the only cafe in the game's city. The RP players in this game ensure that the game remains active even though 20 years have passed, thanks to the RP they made in that cafe. Cafes and shops are very important for RP players and many games earn a lot of money thanks to them. I think we can achieve this by having players rent and manage shops or cafes at certain points in big cities. This can be greatly improved by giving the renting players appropriate skills to earn money and behave accordingly.

I acted a little toxic in the game today, I apologize for that. I opened the commander tag by explaining which region and how many bounties we would hunt and for what purpose. The players who entered were in a completely different region and were standing afk, and this made me nervous.

TL;DR: What?? :classic_huh:

😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

To be honest, even the title is confusing; I am not sure what it means.  🤷‍♂️

But, a carrot is not a fountain pen!

I think it may be attempt to reference to the criticism some people raised in early PoF days that "griffon is just a fancy glider". Ya know before extend of masteries got known and before the numerous vids from Weeping Willow to disprove that notion. Dunno about the content of the post tho, cannot attempt to explain that one.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1