Janthir wild Antagonist (theory)

DemonCrypto.6792

Hi

After rewatching the trailer for the next expac, something just jump out at me from old gw1 memories.

I think that at least some of the antagonist are Titan related.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Janthir_Wilds#/media/File:Janthir_Wilds_key_art.jpg

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Janthir_Wilds#/media/File:JW_screenshot_11.jpg

I mean look at this artwork.

A three legged behemoth made from stone or wood and little version of it. To me it scream titan.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Titan

What do you think.

• Like 1

Launch day will see two new maps set among the deltas and islands of Janthir’s untamed wilderness, including the Lowland Shore, home to the Lowland Kodan, and the Janthir Syntri with its dangerous rocky shores, wandering titans, and mystic storms.

From the GW2:JaW Press Release I'd say it's a very safe bet.

• Like 1

Janthir is an ancient mursaat hub and mursaat and titans have a long history with one and other. Titans were originally created as constructs by the seer's against the mursaat long before the human gods, humans, and charr dramas surrounding them. The fact that they persist could suggest a mursaat population remains.

Or, that there were probably a massive amount of them poured out over all of Tyria during the Flameseeker campaign that while the heroes of yesterday did a good job of eradicating them where they found them they were simply so numerous that alcoves of them in far flung regions not often traveled will have persisted in obscurity.

And no doubt a place like Janthir is likely radiating residual mursaat energy. But given that the Eye of Janthir remains? Who can say? Perhaps it's not just residual.
Top spot for murder satan murder constructs to gather one way or the other.

2 hours ago, CETheLucid.3964 said:

Janthir is an ancient mursaat hub and mursaat and titans have a long history with one and other. Titans were originally created as constructs by the seer's against the mursaat long before the human gods, humans, and charr dramas surrounding them. The fact that they persist could suggest a mursaat population remains.

Or, that there were probably a massive amount of them poured out over all of Tyria during the Flameseeker campaign that while the heroes of yesterday did a good job of eradicating them where they found them they were simply so numerous that alcoves of them in far flung regions not often traveled will have persisted in obscurity.

And no doubt a place like Janthir is likely radiating residual mursaat energy. But given that the Eye of Janthir remains? Who can say? Perhaps it's not just residual.
Top spot for murder satan murder constructs to gather one way or the other.

Titans are not a ancient Seer weapon.

They existed long before the Seers and have been Mist origin beings. 

The real Origins of Titans are unknown but the oldest Titans are theorized to have been more ancient than any race known to Tyria by the Forgotten. Even older than the Seers, Mursaat, and even predate maybe a number of unknown Dragon Cycles since they existed before even the Gods arrived to Tyria and the current Dragon Cycle of GW1/GW2 plot began.

We may end up learning their origins in Janthir Wild expansion if Titans are going to be a important focus of this expansion's storyline.

5 hours ago, theoneparttwo.9561 said:

From the GW2:JaW Press Release I'd say it's a very safe bet.

Interesting we will finally get a new raid. I wonder what will be the story behind it.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DemonCrypto.6792 said:

Hi

After rewatching the trailer for the next expac, something just jump out at me from old gw1 memories.

I think that at least some of the antagonist are Titan related.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Janthir_Wilds#/media/File:Janthir_Wilds_key_art.jpg

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Wars_2:_Janthir_Wilds#/media/File:JW_screenshot_11.jpg

I mean look at this artwork.

A three legged behemoth made from stone or wood and little version of it. To me it scream titan.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Titan

What do you think.

You're a bit behind, Titans have already been confirmed as tied to the second map, and the rock creatures are said (lesser) titans.

Just now, CETheLucid.3964 said:

The Scepter of Orr is a Seer created weapon. The Titans are independent of the Scepter of Orr, and an ancient enemy of Seers, mursaat, and Forgotten.

Ancient Seer: "Unchecked, the Titans will rend Tyria asunder. Stopping the Lich is the only real way to defeat them. But there is more to this problem than you know."
Ancient Seer: "Among the Titan horde are their champions, the Armageddon Lords. If they are not stopped, these demons will surely bring an end to both man and beast. Most likely, the Lords will be the last ones through the portals that have been opened."
Ancient Seer: "I wish to see this to its end. Over the eons, much has changed in Tyria. But not these Titans."

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hell's_Precipice#Intermediate_dialogue

They are not constructs created by the Seers. In GW1's time period, they were created by The Fury, a servant of Dhuum who was allied with Abaddon:

"Beyond the Gate of Anguish lies the Foundry of Failed Creations."
Tell me about the Foundry of Failed Creations.
"Before Abaddon regained power and the Margonites overwhelmed us, the Foundry detained particularly troublesome Margonite prisoners. The foulest of those incarcerated was an ancient demonic spirit known as "The Fury." When it broke free of its shackles, the Fury sundered its surroundings, only to reassemble them to mimic the twisted visions trapped inside its cruel mind."
What will we find inside the Foundry?
"Inside the Foundry is the Door of Komalie...a passage to the realm of the living. Countless Titans wander these halls. They are sick, twisted creatures formed by tormented souls. The followers of Dhuum have gathered here under the command of The Fury, seeking to gain favor with Mallyx the Unyielding."

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Aurus_Trevess

Tell me about this place.
"The Foundry of Failed Creation is not merely a prison camp. It also acts as a staging area for an attack on the mortal plane. The Fury and his minions await the opening of the Door of Komalie, a gateway that leads from here into Tyria. Some years ago a powerful lich...another powerful minion of Abaddon...opened a gateway. It only remained open a brief time, but countless souls were sent through to become titans. Fortunately, for reasons unknown to me, the Door of Komalie was closed almost immediately.
Who is the Fury?
"The Fury is the overseer of this hell hole. He is a follower of Dhuum, but served the fallen god, Abaddon until his defeat. Now, the Fury has taken up a new master, Mallyx the Unyielding, the lord of this realm. The Fury uses demonic troops to torment the souls of the prisoners within these walls. Those torments souls are part of some dark ritual to create powerful titans.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Relkyss_the_Broken

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

You're a bit behind, Titans have already been confirmed as tied to the second map, and the rock creatures are said (lesser) titans.

The Scepter of Orr is a Seer created weapon. The Titans are independent of the Scepter of Orr, and an ancient enemy of Seers, mursaat, and Forgotten.

Ancient Seer: "Unchecked, the Titans will rend Tyria asunder. Stopping the Lich is the only real way to defeat them. But there is more to this problem than you know."
Ancient Seer: "Among the Titan horde are their champions, the Armageddon Lords. If they are not stopped, these demons will surely bring an end to both man and beast. Most likely, the Lords will be the last ones through the portals that have been opened."
Ancient Seer: "I wish to see this to its end. Over the eons, much has changed in Tyria. But not these Titans."

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Hell's_Precipice#Intermediate_dialogue

They are not constructs created by the Seers. In GW1's time period, they were created by The Fury, a servant of Dhuum who was allied with Abaddon:

"Beyond the Gate of Anguish lies the Foundry of Failed Creations."
Tell me about the Foundry of Failed Creations.
"Before Abaddon regained power and the Margonites overwhelmed us, the Foundry detained particularly troublesome Margonite prisoners. The foulest of those incarcerated was an ancient demonic spirit known as "The Fury." When it broke free of its shackles, the Fury sundered its surroundings, only to reassemble them to mimic the twisted visions trapped inside its cruel mind."
What will we find inside the Foundry?
"Inside the Foundry is the Door of Komalie...a passage to the realm of the living. Countless Titans wander these halls. They are sick, twisted creatures formed by tormented souls. The followers of Dhuum have gathered here under the command of The Fury, seeking to gain favor with Mallyx the Unyielding."

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Aurus_Trevess

Tell me about this place.
"The Foundry of Failed Creation is not merely a prison camp. It also acts as a staging area for an attack on the mortal plane. The Fury and his minions await the opening of the Door of Komalie, a gateway that leads from here into Tyria. Some years ago a powerful lich...another powerful minion of Abaddon...opened a gateway. It only remained open a brief time, but countless souls were sent through to become titans. Fortunately, for reasons unknown to me, the Door of Komalie was closed almost immediately.
Who is the Fury?
"The Fury is the overseer of this hell hole. He is a follower of Dhuum, but served the fallen god, Abaddon until his defeat. Now, the Fury has taken up a new master, Mallyx the Unyielding, the lord of this realm. The Fury uses demonic troops to torment the souls of the prisoners within these walls. Those torments souls are part of some dark ritual to create powerful titans.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Relkyss_the_Broken

I wonder if they will explain the older Titan's origins or not since we know they existed before Abaddon requested the younger ones to be made in the Foundry.

If the older Titans are created as well by something then who is that being that created them long before Abaddon discover the method to make the younger Titans and what purpose did they serve for that being?

We just have to wait and see if they may explain this part.

1 hour ago, CETheLucid.3964 said:

Since Koing covered most of the lore from GW1 about Titans, the only thing I can add is that the journal is not about Titans being a Seer weapon. It is about finding Livia and the Sceptor so they can seal the Sceptor away. It is still a bit unknown why the Sceptors can control the Titans but that maybe explained in this expansion since Titans have always existed even before the Seer race existed.

Edited by EdwinLi.1284
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, EdwinLi.1284 said:

I wonder if they will explain the older Titan's origins or not since we know they existed before Abaddon requested the younger ones to be made in the Foundry.

If the older Titans are created as well by something then who is that being that created them long before Abaddon discover the method to make the younger Titans and what purpose did they serve for that being?

We just have to wait and see if they may explain this part.

Nothing technically says the Titans are fully artificial. Gorseval is also a being born of tormented souls who creates a body out of his local environment which just so happens to be a mass grave.

For all intents and purposes, Gorseval is a naturally formed Titan.

14 hours ago, EdwinLi.1284 said:

Since Koing covered most of the lore from GW1 about Titans, the only thing I can add is that the journal is not about Titans being a Seer weapon. It is about finding Livia and the Sceptor so they can seal the Sceptor away. It is still a bit unknown why the Sceptors can control the Titans but that maybe explained in this expansion since Titans have always existed even before the Seer race existed.

Honestly, we can't even fully say the Scepter controlled the Titans, because both Khilbron and the Titans that "obeyed the Scepter" were following Abaddon. For all we know, the Titans were given the order of "find the lich and follow his commands" without Khilbron knowing this, who was in turn ordered "fulfill the Flameseeker Prophecies".

• Thanks 2