Jump to content
  • Sign Up

World Veteran Title and Matchup Distribution.


Recommended Posts

I do not know how to put this in sentence. but, I think the world veteran title can and should be use to place players so they will be match with their server-mate, especially for solo players/roamers who want to be with their server but not in the "server's alliance"  

I do know how to put that in a sentence. 
check boxes
yes, place me with my server's alliance
no, I want to go where ever Anet puts me

 

Edit:
This suggestion is me trying to help those players who as of today,  about 24 hours left still hasn't decide where they want to go, and still wants to hang on to those familiar names they see on the map. 

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Then you get into a direct conflict with people that have a guild they want to play with but also want to have the title.

So no. The idea is fundamentally and technically flawed.

The actual solution is creating a community guild for that old world and invite players that want to join.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

I do not know how to put this in sentence. but, I think the world veteran title can and should be use to place players so they will be match with their server-mate, especially for solo players/roamers who want to be with their server but not in the "server's alliance"  

I do know how to put that in a sentence. 
check boxes
yes, place me with my server's alliance
no, I want to go where ever Anet puts me

Anet either couldn't or didn't consider an option of a guild leaderless comm guild which could allow a causal server to stick together. So your options are; float, Guild, or Comm Guild. Its a less passive system so you will need to make a choice of what and where. The question is, are they actually addressing the issues that caused the imbalances or is this just a marketing ploy at the end of the day. Time will tell.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Open guild panel, "Create Guild", cost a single gold. Promote your [server community guild], all inclusive, all invited, etc. Done. 

Really really simple. Why let the algorithm or someone sitting in Anet's office do it for you? That's how you play with like minded players.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Nice idea, though it makes an assumption of why players picked a specific veteran title.  What if someone plays mostly on Server X, but picked Server Y for the title because that's the server they started on 10 years ago?  Or players who memed the whole title thing and picked Server M?

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There would also be other problems, like if for example:
Server A - 1200 titles
Server B - 700 titles
Server C - 200 titles
It would cause several problems again, as it means if you where on server A, you'd be randomly assigned to people from the old server A title. There would be little to no control over that. And split over 3 servers. While Server B would just be split in 2 randomly each time. Neither would have much stable community this way, it would be entirely inferior to just spreading out over community guilds at that point, at least you'd have stability and some say in who you play with. While Server C would still always feel like a minority link on the server anyways.

And if you wanted to combine Guild and Title linking, then it just becomes a big cluster-kitten that would cause so much problems for the system, and make it very difficult to properly spread groups out enough to make the WR system worthwhile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, joneirikb.7506 said:

There would also be other problems, like if for example:
Server A - 1200 titles
Server B - 700 titles
Server C - 200 titles

This is a good point.  Alliances are capped at 500, but there's no cap on these titles.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

This is a good point.  Alliances are capped at 500, but there's no cap on these titles.

I just assumed that the "title sorting" would adhere to the same 500 limit as guilds does, because otherwise, entire WR would be functionally dead.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, joneirikb.7506 said:

I just assumed that the "title sorting" would adhere to the same 500 limit as guilds does, because otherwise, entire WR would be functionally dead.

I don't think this will be a problem because not many people are this stubborn and haven't already move on with the 6th guild slots alliance. 
they would be sorted to be close to their "veteran title" ie"
once all the alliance guild has been sorted, there are extra space to add more players, these players who check Yes to be sorted with their veteran title will be place together to fill up the available space, not all of them are going to form one server. once the available space in server/team/shard A are filled up,  they will be move to server/team/shard B. 

Also if server/team/shard A are made up of mostly, example: Blackgate players, when a solo player who has the Blackgate Veteran title, check the Yes sort me with my server mate check box, they will have priority to be the filler for the available space first.

The whole point of this is to give the solo players who don't want to join any alliance, but still wants to be with their  friends/familiar names a better chance of getting matched up together.

Lastly, every player only gets to have one veteran title. 

Edited by SweetPotato.7456
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, joneirikb.7506 said:

I just assumed that the "title sorting" would adhere to the same 500 limit as guilds does, because otherwise, entire WR would be functionally dead.

It would be functionally the same as a community guild “overflowing” then (ie 800 want to be play together, it has to be 500+300 with no guarantees of ending up on the same team). But presumably OP want to be able to stack a team to the skies. Otherwise you’d have titled world players fighting their own titled world players.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SweetPotato.7456 said:

I don't think this will be a problem because not many people are this stubborn and haven't already move on with the 6th guild slots alliance. 
they would be sorted to be close to their "veteran title" ie"
once all the alliance guild has been sorted, there are extra space to add more players, these players who check Yes to be sorted with their veteran title will be place together to fill up the available space, not all of them are going to form one server. once the available space in server/team/shard A are filled up,  they will be move to server/team/shard B. 

Also if server/team/shard A are made up of mostly, example: Blackgate players, when a solo player who has the Blackgate Veteran title, check the Yes sort me with my server mate check box, they will have priority to be the filler for the available space first.

The whole point of this is to give the solo players who don't want to join any alliance, but still wants to be with their  friends/familiar names a better chance of getting matched up together.

Lastly, every player only gets to have one veteran title. 

The problem is that if it allows to bypass the 500 limit in any way, then it will be abused. If it will be abused, it will screw over the numbers/sorting system, and essentially creating weaknesses in the system.

Examples would be to use the system as a way to try to hang onto some of the current bandwagon commanders/groups that usually move around servers and drag their fans/followers around to mess up matchups. This would give them a way to have a chance at stacking more than 500 players into a matchup.

It just works better (from a systematic perspective) to rather just have players form guilds if they want to play together, and max this out at 500. Two community guilds from the same server can still potentially get on the same team (though likely not often). In the end I think this also gives players more control over things, where adding the "title sort" as one of the criterias would still be mostly out of their control.

But yes, I understand that a lot of players enjoyed the very casual social interactions in WvW and doesn't want to see those go away. I can certainly see where this requests comes from, and essentially I wouldn't mind to give players more ways to stay together as long as it doesn't also create exploits. Because if there's one thing we know its that players will exploit anything they can.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...