Elemental Summons Despawning

If an elemenentalist with active elemental summons (from the Glyph skills) mounts and dismounts, they despawn. This makes the build largely unusable except in instanced content, as one constantly mounts and dismounts when moving between encounters. This works for necromancers - their minions come back when dismounting - so this strikes me as a bug with the elemental summons.

• Confused 1

54 minutes ago, Wounder.7526 said:

If an elemenentalist with active elemental summons (from the Glyph skills) mounts and dismounts, they despawn. This makes the build largely unusable except in instanced content, as one constantly mounts and dismounts when moving between encounters. This works for necromancers - their minions come back when dismounting - so this strikes me as a bug with the elemental summons.

It is not a bug necromancer minions is permanent and elemental summons are timed.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

It is not a bug necromancer minions is permanent and elemental summons are timed.

Whilst you are correct and it isn't a bug, I think the point that the OP is trying to make is that if you mount up with a Elementalist summon with quite a bit of time left on the timer and then instantly dismount, even though you have time left on the summon it disappears.

I wouldn't advocate that mounting pauses the clock on Elementalist summons, but it would be nice if it ticked down in the background and if time is left when you dismount the summon reappears with any time remaining.

Edited by Andy.5981

6 minutes ago, Andy.5981 said:

Whilst you are correct and it isn't a bug, I think the point that the OP is trying to make is that if you mount up with a Elementalist summon with quite a bit of time left on the timer and then instantly dismount, even though you have time left on the summon it disappears.

I wouldn't advocate that mounting pauses the clock on Elementalist summons, but it would be nice if it ticked down in the background and if time is left when you dismount the summon reappears with any time remaining.

Well they are mounting up to move so aint it better it despawn instantly so you have less time to wait for your glyphs to come off cd when you arrive at your destination?

People, including me, have asked Arenanet several times to do something about Elementals disappearing.

Given that there hasn't even been as little as a response acknowledging that we want this to be changed, I assume Arenanet wants it it to stay this way.

• Sad 1