Sword 2 and Short bow 2 as a Thief enjoyer.

Sword first:

Imo I never liked the shadow return mechanic on sword 2. It always made it hard for me to stick to the enemy. If it was eliminated and had a 1 initiative increase to compensate I think I'd like it better. This is the main reason I usually take dagger/pistol instead of anything with sword. Dagger/Pistol 3 makes it much easier to stick to a target AND the shot is unlockable! But I'm tired of taking the same weapons since they are the only ones that fit with my playstyle as thief.

Maybe the sword 2 skill is meant for a hit and run playstyle but whenever I try that, it fails miserably, especially when teleporting into a team fight with Dragon Hunter traps waiting to snag you up.

Short Bow:

Again, short bow 2's flip over skill always made it harder for me to land/spam if I wanted to, but maybe that's a skill issue. I notice that without pressing the flip over skill, less bleeds are applied. Maybe there could be a happy medium where 2 or 3 bleeds are applied as it lands without having to press a flip over skill. I did like the buff a while back where the projectile velocity was increased (maybe some of you thought of that as a nerf haha.)

Anyways, I've always liked skills that are snappy and can be chained for some sweet combos, even if they don't necessarily do so much damage.

What do you all think?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

I will say, sword 2 will always have the flip, because if it had not flip it would be so broke. 

No one could escape a thief ever, so no, can't take away the flip.

Short bow speed and the flip are balanced around the damage it does.

It can't be removed or move faster because it cost low, and hits really hard.

• Like 1

Short bow two is clunky sure, but it's initiative cost is low for how much damage it does, plus it's AoE. So that's the trade off. Slow and clunky with high damage, plus it's super effective point blank and super easy to combo with steal for a nye undodgeable and unexpected hit. 

Short bow autos also PUMP in teamfights. Bonus points if it's bouncing back and forth between two targets.

As for sword two, it think it's best left as is. The return needs some finesse to use properly, but it's extremely valuable for it's condi removal and reposition. It makes you more unpredictable, so use it to kitten with people. 

It's an interesting design that they balance weapons by ofsetting DMG is with clunkiness eg Short Bow Thief.
Don't get me wrong I'm used to short bow and I use it a lot but at least
there are a lot of other weapon sets that are cluncky like Warrior GS, ENG Rifle, Eng Mace and many more without any other benefits but this is a story for another time.

Removing the port return on sword 2 would nerf it since its mostly used as a means to escape and reposition. Plus its a condi clear. Im pretty sure a lot of players who hate sword thieves would love this. 

Cluster bomb actually used to be slower. The problems you have with that might actually be either a skill issue or your settings dont enable you to play as fast as youd like to. If youre running instant cast on your ground target settings so you can easily just double tap the skill. For thief if you understand the range of your skills and how they work I would suggest playing on instant. Not playing on normal or fast casting. It might take a few days to get used to.

Edited by Endorphin.9147
My wording sucks. Play on instant cast and life is easier
  • Like 1

Wow you can rly see by the post and answer how low the lvl in pvp has gotten... removing sword 2 return wouldn't be a buff but a huge nerf, thief already had plenty of port in, what makes sword 2 so good since game launches is the port back, if you don't understand why a getting out port is more important, you should reroll from thief or go learn from basics.

• Like 1

sword 2 carries

and cluster bomb carries, you team fight with cluster bomb and you can win 1v1 with cluster bomb, specially useful fighting another thief, when you master cluster bomb is the moment you go to the next level as thief imo

you know it's a good skill when i remember the skill name lol

On 6/13/2024 at 4:51 AM, Last Crab.6054 said:

I will say, sword 2 will always have the flip, because if it had not flip it would be so broke. 

No one could escape a thief ever, so no, can't take away the flip.

Short bow speed and the flip are balanced around the damage it does.

It can't be removed or move faster because it cost low, and hits really hard.

Not having the flip would indeed make it broken in the way that it would be utterly trash lol

• Like 2