Lock On absolutely breaks with Action Cam mode

Hard to reproduce, because I don't know what causes it. But it happens EVERY TIME I play over the course of a few hours.

Basically, when in action cam mode, imagine you're locked onto a golem or something. All of your shots will track normally, and hit the target every time without issue, until the bug occurs. When the bug occurs, even when locked on, EVERY PROJECTILE, EVERY MELEE ATTACK, EVERY ABILITY no longer tracks. Instead, they fire EXACTLY where your mouse is pointing. Meaning that you will NEVER hit shots anymore, unless if you aim EXACTLY for their model (impossible on a lot of enemies, it honest to god can NOT be done in PvP). The only way to fix it is to close the client and restart the game. BUT THIS HAPPENS EVERY OTHER HOUR.

This is the most agitating bug because it always happens whenever I'm in combat. Suddenly, I can't hit a single shot with any projectile weapon, I can't use "engage" attacks to close distances (my character just goes RIGHT THROUGH TARGETS when the bug is active) and I can't do any damage except AoE and point blank melee attacks.

This bug is SERIOUSLY game breaking when it happens in a raid, pvp, wvw, ANY content, it basically shuts down your *entire* character.

IT'S NOT A SETTINGS ISSUE AND IT IS NOT SOMETHING THAT CAN BE FIXED CLIENT SIDE, PLEASE READ THE BUG AND UNDERSTAND THAT THIS IS A TRACKING ISSUE AND IT IS SOMETHING OUTSIDE OF MY CONTROL.

I have reported this before, and I have been IGNORED on this issue, and I'm so sick of it. PLEASE address.

20 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

You can't turn Action Cam off and back on (with the toggle) to alleviate the issue as a workaround whilst awaiting a fix? 

That's not a fix at all. It's a permanent issue until you restart the game client. It happens in every game mode, it's random, and I don't know what causes it. IT CAN NOT BE SOLVED BY ANY IN GAME MEANS OTHER THAN A CLIENT RESTART, WHICH IS NOT ALWAYS POSSIBLE AS IT HAPPENS IN COMBAT. I don't know why I have to highlight this so much. I use action mode explicitly, I don't use basic cam for anything except maybe looking at my character when changing my wardrobe.

I have a button to enable and disable action cam mode. Switching off action cam mode lets attacks snap back on, but I basically use this button as a toggle so often that having to mentally punish myself every time the bug happens to "keep action cam off" is horrendous. It's like telling a pianist not to use two of their fingers. Or, imagine if your keys were suddenly inverted. You'll keep mashing the buttons you're used to and things will keep going wrong until you've reset your client to fix the issue. Every time I submit this issue, I'm ignored or told it's not a big deal - IT'S A BIG DEAL TO ME! I've lost PvP matches to this, because you don't notice it's happening until you've wasted all of your abilities + died two or three times wondering why everyone is suddenly projectile immune. If you don't constantly look at damage numbers, you don't notice it until it's too late.

And when this happens in Fractals, I have to EXPLAIN THE BUG EVERY TIME AND RESTART MY CLIENT, wasting 4 other people's time just to hop in and out of the game for a bug that's STILL not fixed.

PLEASE fix this. PLEASE don't try to "offer solutions", this ISN'T A PROBLEM THAT CAN BE ADDRESSED CLIENT SIDE EXCEPT BY RESTARTING THE CLIENT.

Also, PLEASE GIVE AN OPTION TO RESET THE MOUSE LOCATION TO THE CENTER OF THE SCREEN WHEN EXITING ACTION CAM MODE. This should have been incorporated DAY ONE.

• Confused 3

I didn't say it was a 'fix'; in fact, I said "whilst awaiting a fix".  No need to get your feathers in a bunch.

You do realize that the QA/Dev Team can not 'fix' the issue unless they can reproduce it.  As you may be the only player, or one of very few, to experience this issue, it may be difficult to reproduce.

Good luck, though. 

• Like 2