Primordial (Dinosaur themed) mounts?

I want that mount!  

15 members have voted

1. 1. So witch mounts would you want the most? (add in comments if existing choice but different mount type or totally different skin idea)

• Maratus (peacock Spider) (roller beetle?)
    • Fiddler crab (warclaw?)
    • Crystal dragon (vital geode set)
    • Isopods (jackal?)
    • Horseshoe crab (skimmer?)
    • Ankylosaurus /Stegosaurus (siege turtle)
    • Hatzegopteryx/Pterosaur (featherless flying dinosaur)
    • Seahorse (skimmer)

So i was running around on my Primordial raptor (raptor has a few that would pass as dinosaurs, such as Primal or the gecko or chameleon) , witch, in essence, is a something like a Masiakasaurus aaaaand....that is kind of it..no more dinosaur themed mounts per se..

We could of course say that the Turtles are kinda ancient looking, but i would be thrilled to instead of the turtle ride an Ankylosaurus or even better- a Stegosaurus ... (i could compromise for a Siege Devourer)

aside from those we could count Saberclaw from warclaws, the sand jackal has many realistic canines so perhaps would look odd to add some dino, but hey- why not; and some of the skimmers could pass as dinosaur "adjacent" (shark, molusk and sirenia looking) ..

But seriously- why not have a Horseshoe crab  or this demon from the past skimmer? how about a mudskipper-skimmer or a crab skimmer? heck- make crab skins for all terrestrial mounts! (it would be hillarious to see a horde of  Calling Crabs with the large claw raised running in WvW!!! (sideways!))- you could let them even crawl up the walls in the next expansion please?

or as rolly-polly jackal? also a warclaw? sure it is obvious as a roller beetle , but too on the nose...cannot use a hedgehog or people would ask why rings do not pop out when forced to dismount..a Armadillo girdled lizard does get itself in a ring shape for defensive measure- could work (and it looks prehistoric enough)......Jumping Spider looking jackal perhaps?why not Peacock Spider looking roller beetle- sitting on it like on a Harley Davidson? and the thing scurrying very very fast with its many legs!!! 

Hatzegopteryx skyscale (might need to swap out for like a screetch of acoustic ball instead of fire as attack perhaps for better immersion)

Pterosaur would make a passable griffon...

Long story short- how about more prehistoric looking mounts? i know quite a few of those i linked are a no go (and a few are present day animals- but those are forms that have stayed nearly unchanged for probably long enough), but hey- that was a couple minute search- if devs will be into it i am sure they will find more fun options 🙂

As a slight tangent regarding mount themes

if all else fails, for Halloween- why are there no actual Skeletal mounts? should not be much more different than the Lithosol themed mounts (where are the rest of them by the way)?

and among abandoned themes of mounts- where are the rest of vital geode skins? i want my rock beetle and crystal dragon! 🙂

Soooo- this is just an idea i am throwing out regarding the prehistoric mounts and bone mounts must be a long circulated idea......
but if all else fails- please do complete the Vital Geode mount skin series- pretty please :)) 

Edited by Nightblade.8295
added Siege Devourer
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Did you just vote for every single one yourself?

no-thought that would look silly. i have not "voted" myself. (if i where to vote for my top what i want would be the crystal SET, fiddler crab and peacock spider, though i would LOVE a stegosaur siege beast)

Edited by Nightblade.8295
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Donari.5237 said:

i did in fact mention majority of them, just not by exact skin names  ; [raptor has a few that would pass as dinosaurs, such as Primal or the gecko or chameleon] and skimmers [shark, molusk and sirenia looking] etc..

and adding prehistoric turtle is like say prehistoric horseshoe crab or prehistoric rolly polly or prehistoric crocodile xD

I just mean- they oddly are skipping over obvious choices. in fact i will add one more skimmer option- Seahorse! they made hummingbird and not the seahorse! They even made raptor to look like a carp. but not a skimmer seahorse- just...how? hummingbird jumper seems more logical to me than skimmer. even hummingbird skyscale seems more logical. (ok hummingbird  was prior to skimmer dive ability at least)

and they are dropping these skins i soooo want t0o get a full set of (like the geodes) and when they added a few dinosaur raptors i was thinking- oh, we could get some stego turtle or triceratops jackal aaaaaaaaaand noap- since they added bird jumpers, kirin raptors, loong and manticore skyscales (aka cantha expansion) they seem to have forgotten about the older themed skins....

• Like 1

you either get something like sylvan hound or mordrem jackal?....

would be hilarious if on aprils,1st devs would swap out all mounts for  something like screaming broccoli with stick legs and googly eyes for raptor or something..

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Nightblade.8295 said:

you either get something like sylvan hound or mordrem jackal?....

would be hilarious if on aprils,1st devs would swap out all mounts for  something like screaming broccoli with stick legs and googly eyes for raptor or something..

hardly anyone would notice since everyone and their dog use skyscales.

Some raptor skins can pass as dinosaurs? The raptor IS the dinosaur mount. Period. Sure, the horns do not resemble any discovered raptor fossils and it's missing the foot claw. But let's be honest, what else does it resemble but a dinosaur?

That said, bring on the dinosaur mount skins. I'd be lining up for them. And let me also throw in my vote for more Sylvari themed mount skins. The Mordrem Alpha skin is a nice start, but I'd like at least one for each mount. I mean, we've Asurafied and Nornified whole sets of mount skins. No reason to not do the same for Sylvari.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

honestly- since they introduced the hover-drone to have skins i am hoping we get skin pack for engineer- i am not using the turrets on it because it looks like total crap.... (asuran, clokwork, jadetech- so many themes out there and we have those odd things)

yeeees, raptor is dinosaur-ish, but more recognizable looks are welcome just like you yourself said. the sylvan and mordrem style mounts both would be interesting. i would be interested in some mounts looking like  a walking flower bouquet 🙂 make a mix of a stork and an orchid as springer- and during idle animation the bird makes stance so that it looks like a large flower.... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. just imagine what could be done with actual looks of mantis's...

Just thought of siege turtle in the form of like a Mamonth! (like those giant elephants from lort of the rings.... but with artillery)