Highest damage simple build?

Fate.3605

Hello engineers!

I've been enjoying engineer for quite some time now, it was actually my first class back when the game first came out, but I took a break for a long while. I came back around the time that we got rapid fire rifle and I gotta say, that was the most fun I'd had in game in a long time and was the thing that kept me playing. After the feel of this build was nerfed I decided to try some other builds. I'm currently using dual pistols condi mech because I heard that it was also pretty simple gameplay like I like, but I can't really decide if it's better than power rifle. Making the change from power to condi was pretty expensive for me so it's difficult to go back and forth to really see which is better. I recently saw a video of someone playing power scrapper and that looked really impressive yet still simple, but these sorts of videos usually have full boons and it's difficult to tell how good the build would be when not in optimal settings. Anyways, I decided to make this post to see if any of you had any advice for which of these three builds had the most damage output. Thanks for reading!

TL;DR
Is power mech, condi mech, or power scrapper the highest damage easy to play build?

It depends on the gamemode you are playing.

For instanced PvE you can check builds here: https://snowcrows.com/builds/raids/engineer

Power mech is viable and simple but the DPS is not the best.

Condi mech is a good pick with very good DPS and a simple rotation.

Both mech builds have the advantage that you can still deal good DPS when you need to stay in range or the target is moving a lot.

Power Scrapper is a great option for DPS and has a simple rotation aswell. You are quiet tanky because of the passive barrier generation. You can also go for a quickness DPS by changing just one trait.

I would recommend to you to pick scrapper because it has the best DPS of all and you can change to quickness DPS if necesarry. The movement and positioning of the mech itself can be... frustrating sometimes. The cooldown penalty when the mech is too far away is a DPS loss. Always having an eye where and what your mech is doing can be a bit challenging if you arent practiced enough.

For open world PvE you can play what you want, everything does well. But keep in mind, most stuff in open world dies a lot faster when using a power build. Condition damage needs a bit of time to ramp up.

• Thanks 2

If you're serious about instanced PvE content, you should have both a power and a condi build that you can switch between depending on the fight. For example if you do fractal CMs, it's expected that you bring a condi build for 98 and 99 and a power build for everything else (we don't talk about 100 until they fix the bugs).

For the power option, rifle mech is so bad that you're better off using hammer or sword, and at that point you may as well switch to kitless scrapper and gain even more DPS at no additional complexity because you're melee anyway.

As for the condi option... You know how everyone keeps saying that virtuoso is OP because it's a good option in every situation? Well, condi mech is exactly the same, just with a little lower DPS but better survivability instead.

So for simplicity and effectiveness your best bet is condi mech + power scrapper. That's also what I'm using.

In open world I use a celestial flamethrower/juggernaut condi mech. Very tanky, permanent stability for all the knockbacks that are way too common, and it still pumps if you have to kill a champ. And if you can't get close, you can still switch to pistols to reach those distant targets. Power mech is squishy by comparison, or does laughable damage, depending on whether you try using tankier gear. And scrapper's tankiness is a meme. It only works in AoE situations, or in groups when you have all the boons that would allow you to do massive DPS. Solo that 5% damage to shields conversion will be barely noticeable, and would certainly not make up for the increased range of a condi mech.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, mov.1246 said:

It depends on the gamemode you are playing.

For instanced PvE you can check builds here: https://snowcrows.com/builds/raids/engineer

Power mech is viable and simple but the DPS is not the best.

Condi mech is a good pick with very good DPS and a simple rotation.

Both mech builds have the advantage that you can still deal good DPS when you need to stay in range or the target is moving a lot.

Power Scrapper is a great option for DPS and has a simple rotation aswell. You are quiet tanky because of the passive barrier generation. You can also go for a quickness DPS by changing just one trait.

I would recommend to you to pick scrapper because it has the best DPS of all and you can change to quickness DPS if necesarry. The movement and positioning of the mech itself can be... frustrating sometimes. The cooldown penalty when the mech is too far away is a DPS loss. Always having an eye where and what your mech is doing can be a bit challenging if you arent practiced enough.

For open world PvE you can play what you want, everything does well. But keep in mind, most stuff in open world dies a lot faster when using a power build. Condition damage needs a bit of time to ramp up.

Thank you so much for your response, this is perfect! The stuff you mentioned about mech is one of the reasons for why I was looking into power scrapper. The idea of having a mech companion is super cool, but I have noticed these days that I've been getting a little tired of micro managing it. Being able to support with quickness on scrapper sounds great too! I think I've made up my mind, gonna full send the transition to power scrap. Thanks again!

9 minutes ago, Sindust.7059 said:

If you're serious about instanced PvE content, you should have both a power and a condi build that you can switch between depending on the fight. For example if you do fractal CMs, it's expected that you bring a condi build for 98 and 99 and a power build for everything else (we don't talk about 100 until they fix the bugs).

For the power option, rifle mech is so bad that you're better off using hammer or sword, and at that point you may as well switch to kitless scrapper and gain even more DPS at no additional complexity because you're melee anyway.

As for the condi option... You know how everyone keeps saying that virtuoso is OP because it's a good option in every situation? Well, condi mech is exactly the same, just with a little lower DPS but better survivability instead.

So for simplicity and effectiveness your best bet is condi mech + power scrapper. That's also what I'm using.

In open world I use a celestial flamethrower/juggernaut condi mech. Very tanky, permanent stability for all the knockbacks that are way too common, and it still pumps if you have to kill a champ. And if you can't get close, you can still switch to pistols to reach those distant targets. Power mech is squishy by comparison, or does laughable damage, depending on whether you try using tankier gear. And scrapper's tankiness is a meme. It only works in AoE situations, or in groups when you have all the boons that would allow you to do massive DPS. Solo that 5% damage to shields conversion will be barely noticeable, and would certainly not make up for the increased range of a condi mech.

Oo these are are some good points! I was pretty serious about pve content for a little while, did quite a bit of raiding, but these days I don't feel I have the emotional energy for serious group content...if that makes sense haha. I probably should just take that bit more time to make a second set rather than stat swap my gear again though especially with new expac coming out. If some new fun condi builds come out it'll feel pretty bad to stat swap again. Thanks a ton for your advice!

• Like 1