Daily "Please Give Core Warrior an F2" Thread

Yerlock.4678

Daily "Please Give Core Warrior an F2" Thread.

• Increases skill ceiling to compete with the especs
  • allows f2p users to have a better taste of what warrior has to offer
  • gives players another fun spec without having to design one from scratch
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Kitty.4806 said:

I'm sorry but that's not where the revenue comes from.

Technically, having more competitive professions appeals to a larger base and increases player retention, which increases the potential paying customer base and the odds of having higher sales on future xpacs. Long term profit maximization is a thing, just like short term profit maximization is.  Things that undergo less steps to reach monetization are not always the best way to maximize total profit over a period of time. 

One thing I like from warrior is that its mechanic is easy. But not because it makes the profession easy to play, but because it allows me to focus on other things. I come from Dark Souls, so I like easy mechanics but lots of endurance (warrior traits) so I can focus on reading the enemy to dodge him. An F2 would be bad for me.

But I agree that F1 is a bad mechanic. Some rework for a bit more complexity and fun would be nice. Starting by removing the cooldown and make it a resource-based skill. Maybe F1 could be a toggle: you activate it, you consume adrenaline per second, and you can deactivate it. Like a necro's shroud, BUT, its effect is to boost your WEAPON's skill, instead of removing them. 

Edited by DarkK.7368
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Comes from the gem store really. Got to get them skins.

They can add some monetizable gemstore F2 HHahahAHHAa Like Holosmith holoforge, or bladesworn gunsaber, or mechanist mech color and/or model... profession mechanics monetization please

EDIT: Berserker's rage colour and particles!

Edited by DarkK.7368

@Yerlock.4678If core warrior gonna get f2 and that f2 is somewhat meaningful core warrior automatically becomes broken and very unfun class to deal with especially in pvp mainly due to longbow abuse. If they buff core too much they gonna need to nerf core aswell, it's too risky for already fragile balance.

+many ppl will just abuse it to make fun "interactive" healwarrior bots which everyone loves right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

if they really want to fix yea, give core war f2, and elite spec all base on f2

f1 is fixed for burst skill, f2 berserk to swap f1 is fine

give core burst back to bladesworn, make dragon trigger f3 if you cant make blade swap to weapon swap and have to keep it f1

dragon trigger is not a mechanic that should build up on the main burst skills that needs to be constantly casting which is what the rest of warrior is built up on.

without weapon burst skill, entire weapon game play fluidity includes having burst skills.. unlike other classes' weapon skills that stands entirely on their own..

• Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Aaron.1294 said:

@Yerlock.4678If core warrior gonna get f2 and that f2 is somewhat meaningful core warrior automatically becomes broken and very unfun class to deal with especially in pvp mainly due to longbow abuse. If they buff core too much they gonna need to nerf core aswell, it's too risky for already fragile balance.

+many ppl will just abuse it to make fun "interactive" healwarrior bots which everyone loves right?

you don't even make sense, how is having f2 automatically make core warrior OP and unfun to deal with, when berserker and spellbreaker all already have f2

• Confused 1

34 minutes ago, Aaron.1294 said:

if you are talking about those core shoutheal lb warrior that's "destroying" in pvp, no, the only reason it's hard to deal with, is because people really don't know how to press skills at those level, they are less skilled than bots. if bots still roamed pvp, bots would still be higher rating than 85% of current player, like it already achieved before. yes, bots used to be gold3.

warrior will always be op at these level, no matter how weak it becomes in top end, unfortunately

in fact, having f2 will help warrior to adjust these "hard to deal with" passive heal that terrors the low tier players, by shifting some of the sustain or mechanics to f2 that requires button pressing, which will significantly reduce it's effect at these levels, trust me, the more buttons you give, the weaker it becomes at low levels, as opposite of high levels, which i welcomes, as i dont care low level performance. just give more buttons, nerf all the passive, over stacked sustain, it's fine.

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Sad 1

@Lighter.5631I said about meaningfull F2 if it doesn't do anything special then what's the point adding it? it's going to be the same meme just with additional button. 

If you REALLY want to buff core warrior then rework weapons, make core other levvels much more meaningfull than they are now (speed increase, damage increase,more boons etc.)

And about bots - if you didn't know bots could get to rank 150 on EU with bladesworn. That's how scary meaningless "heal" build can be

20 hours ago, DarkK.7368 said:

But I agree that F1 is a bad mechanic. Some rework for a bit more complexity and fun would be nice. Starting by removing the cooldown and make it a resource-based skill. Maybe F1 could be a toggle: you activate it, you consume adrenaline per second, and you can deactivate it. Like a necro's shroud, BUT, its effect is to boost your WEAPON's skill, instead of removing them. 

@DarkK.7368 That's a pretty good idea! I like it! 
There's a a lot of possibilities with this mechanic. Adrenaline as it's designed right now, players have no reason not to burst all the time, but with this toggled based activation, they have more control over it. They get to decide when to expend a partial amount of adrenaline and conserve the rest, or use all of it at once, especially when bosses are in a "stand-by" phase, by toggling the spending of the adrenaline boost gauge, on and off.

Hell, the "Discipline" specialization could be reworked around this mechanic, with traits that encourage Warriors to actually practice discipline in toggling their Adrenaline boosts.
I'm only scratching the surface right now, but this would really modernize the Warrior Profession.

Edited by Smoothpine.1895
  • Like 1

I personaly would say no to this. Core warrior is allready good enough and does not need any buffs ^^. Cause an extra "burst" Skill would do exactly this. Also it would not make warr Harder to play but the opposide of it thanks to how Warriors mechanics overall Work soooo again big no xp

Edited by Myror.7521
  • Confused 1