Some Acrobatics tweaks

nopoet.2960

I found myself looking at the acrobatics tree again because it has a modifier to spear damage.  I love that Anet has added movement skill stuff but it still could use some tweaks.  Here are my suggestions.  Mostly I want the spec to add some more aggressive options.

Minor Adept: Pumping Up (moved) - Gain might when when you dodge.

Major Adept:

• Urgency (Updated) - Superspeed reduces the cooldown on elite skills. Gain superspeed when you use an elite skill.
  • Expeditious Dodger (moved) - Gain swiftness upon dodging.
  • Pain Response - Dodging removes a damaging condition from you.

Minor Master: Dazzling Grace (updated) - Dodging while under the effects of vigor dazes nearby foes. Gain vigor upon successfully evading an attack.

Major Master:

• Guarded Initiation - (updated) Resistance removes slow and weakness.  Movement skills grant resistance.
  • Swindler's Equilibrium - Successfully evading an attack while wielding a sword or spear recharges Steal. Swords and spears deal increased damage.
  • Hard to Catch (updated) - Gain evasion when you shadowstep.

Minor Grandmaster: Fluid Strikes - (updated) Gain increased strike damage for a period of time when you shadowstep or use a movement skill.  Additionally, when you evade an attack while under the effects of Fluid strikes you have a 50% chance gain Stability.

Major Grandmaster:

• Swashbuckler's Guile (new) - Gain quickness when you use a utility skill.  If you already have quickness gain alacrity instead. (each utility slot would have an independent cooldown)     
  • Upper Hand - Gain initiative when you dodge, and gain initiative and regeneration when you evade an attack. Evading can only trigger this trait once per interval.
  • Don't Stop - While you have swiftness, movement-impairing conditions have reduced duration. When you gain swiftness, lose a movement-impairing condition.
Edited by nopoet.2960
Update fluid strikes and Guarded Initiation

19 hours ago, nopoet.2960 said:

Hard to Catch (updated) - Gain evasion when you shadowstep.

without icd likely way too strong, with icd it needs at least an indicator so it can be utilized properly.

1 hour ago, bq pd.2148 said:

without icd likely way too strong, with icd it needs at least an indicator so it can be utilized properly.

Or it could just be a measly 1/4s evade prior to the shadowstep. It won't have much impact on combat since 1/4s is practically nothing but it'd still give shadowsteps protection from interruption mid cast and encourage timing to use.

1 minute ago, Zacchary.6183 said:

Or it could just be a measly 1/4s evade prior to the shadowstep. It won't have much impact on combat since 1/4s is practically nothing but it'd still give shadowsteps protection from interruption mid cast and encourage timing to use.

on shadowstep traits so far trigger at the end of the spectres shadowstep skills, if that happened at the beginning one could repeatedly trigger it by skill canceling with esc/stow/weapon swap unless they get super animation locked like vault, the cast times also are pretty long with up to 1s for the heal so would need more like 1/2 or 3/4s to cover those skills. 
if it was low impact enough to not do anything for combat, that would also be bad.

i would see it as mainly a problem on shadow shot spamm if it has any impactful duration without icd

15 hours ago, Zacchary.6183 said:

Dazzling Grace seems interesting. Would the daze happen at the start or end of the dodge?

End of dodge like Warrior Reckless Dodge or Guardian Selfless Daring

3 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

The Daze on dodging would need a cooldown, so it can't be spammed.

Agreed.  I just hate putting numbers because we would just be guessing.  The cooldown would be long enough to prevent daredevil abuse but also short enough because it's already limited by endurance and having vigor.

3 hours ago, bq pd.2148 said:

I'm thinking of the Hard to Catch adjustment like another dodge and another way to trigger evade.  You'll still need time it but nothing earth shattering.
@Zacchary.6183 has the right idea.  I'm thinking 3/4 of a second which seems to be standard.  Give it a short cooldown.  I don't really see p/d being a huge problem because it already has blind on shadow shot and like everything if you use initiative for defense your offense suffers. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, nopoet.2960 said:

I'm thinking of the Hard to Catch adjustment like another dodge and another way to trigger evade.  You'll still need time it but nothing earth shattering.
@Zacchary.6183 has the right idea.  I'm thinking 3/4 of a second which seems to be standard.  Give it a short cooldown.  I don't really see p/d being a huge problem because it already has blind on shadow shot and like everything if you use initiative for defense your offense suffers. 

blind is only on the target that got hit by it and has more ways around it than evade, so it still would be an upgrade.
but indeed an icd would be enough, for 3/4s something in the 5-10s range probably.