new pvp mode, new chances, ANET ITS YOUR TURN !!

okay dear anet developers, i believe the majority of the pvp community welcomes your commitment towards pvp again(i do at least). And if your goal is to recreat a healthy population in pvp than pls consider carefully your way to go with this project. I have a few suggestions that could help going this way.

1. A Duel Option, usable in all areas of the game (outside of instanz content raids, pvp matches, wvw?, doungens, fracs, etc...)

we got the inspect feature and we should get a duel feature in the same menu, my friends and i dreamed about  how cool it would be to do a duel, to test ourselfs at lvl 5-10-50, looking  who got better (obvoiusly we know there would be some balance faktor, but thats basicly the first entrence to play pvp, dueling your friend with who you started the game 30 minutes ago)

2. "Custom Arena Housing"

this sounds wild, considering we have Guild Halls and get Player Housing, so why can't we modify our arena. Let us buy for Gold/Gems (or maybe win in daily and eekly at's) whatever Assets for our custom arena, Assets that you are already using on pvp maps (or pve maps) where we can play arround maybe create unique arenas. Or go even deeper give as the light options to Create custom game modes, let us use the cicles for capturing nodes or channeling the Sword from Colluseum but you put it on legacy. Custom Arenas had their times, but i smell., at least the first options, are easier to implement than the second ones and would help the community.

3. Let "Play 4 Free" players play Especs for free (or Free Rotation)

this is the biggest elefant in the Room, its a complain since HoT is released, the "Pay2Win" Argument that some people bring, and its kinda fair, Core specs do suck most of the time, compared to the especs and core specs with soto weapons. Giving players the ability to test everything in the pvp zone (hotm, ranked at's custom arenas) can be a big impact in pvp and pve. Advertising people to let them see their full capababilitys of their skills against Golems or Real people. it's also an advertisement for all players wo like pvp content like lol, cs, dota. They directly see* that they don'T have to grind gear and that they just can start their game as they could in their other favourite competitive games.

4. Advertise new Players in the Starting Area

Pretty simple but should be pretty effective. Put a Portal into hotm in every starting Zone (and portal to every starting zone in hotm), place a mini FFA like in Arborstone and an Advertising NPC there, that tell them pvp is over there*(watch section 3.) and you can start directly.

one of those or everything would help pvp alongside the new gamemode. Especially point 1 and 3 are longstanding arguments made by the Community over the years.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

1 hour ago, Avatar.3568 said:

1. A Duel Option, usable in all areas of the game (outside of instanz content raids, pvp matches, wvw?, doungens, fracs, etc...)

we got the inspect feature and we should get a duel feature in the same menu, my friends and i dreamed about  how cool it would be to do a duel, to test ourselfs at lvl 5-10-50, looking  who got better (obvoiusly we know there would be some balance faktor, but thats basicly the first entrence to play pvp, dueling your friend with who you started the game 30 minutes ago)

I know the forums love talking about duel but… I find this quite boring. We mostly find tanky specs with some burst on the side nodes so it would either be the same or we will see super fast build just running to the other side of the map. (not to mention the balance issues if you are using the PvE environment)

3. Let "Play 4 Free" players play Especs for free (or Free Rotation)

I do not think it is needed but why not.

2. "Custom Arena Housing"

this sounds wild, considering we have Guild Halls and get Player Housing, so why can't we modify our arena. Let us buy for Gold/Gems (or maybe win in daily and eekly at's) whatever Assets for our custom arena, Assets that you are already using on pvp maps (or pve maps) where we can play arround maybe create unique arenas. Or go even deeper give as the light options to Create custom game modes, let us use the cicles for capturing nodes or channeling the Sword from Colluseum but you put it on legacy. Custom Arenas had their times, but i smell., at least the first options, are easier to implement than the second ones and would help the community.

The arena housing sounds fun but it should not be the focus when a similar feature is not fully implemented. I was really hoping the guild hall balance option (when you talk to an npc) would allow this and was really excited. After building different arenas / activities I found out about those 2 issues:

I think the guild arena is much more interesting than the point 4. I doubt any new player will enjoy going in an arena around the open world and getting os. Your example (Arborstone) is avoided by players.

The guild arena "could solve" this because it allows a controlled environnement where people have a higher chance of being like minded, open to training and explanation.
I think the capture the flag / capture point could be "somewhat" solved without much investment. Add a console that has a channel to switch the state of an object like Raven Statue (decoration) - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W). Add other interactible items like Oakheart's Essence (gizmo) - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W) 

Edited by aymnad.9023
  • Like 2

Actually i noticed we have more than 3 modes in this Gamemode xD

The regular conquest(5v5 on tournments and duo que in ranked)

3v3 and 2v2 Deathmatch (offseason seasons)

Stronghold (only available in unranked)

Murderball (only available on PvP Servers)

For some reason i missed the last one ...... maybe cause it got introduced while the map where it is played on got first deleted from unranked and then reworked but never got Back in que for some reason xp

Edited by Myror.7521

2 hours ago, Myror.7521 said:

Actually i noticed we have more than 3 modes in this Gamemode xD

The regular conquest(5v5 on tournments and duo que in ranked)

3v3 and 2v2 Deathmatch (offseason seasons)

Stronghold (only available in unranked)

Murderball (only available on PvP Servers)

For some reason i missed the last one ...... maybe cause it got introduced while the map where it is played on got first deleted from unranked and then reworked but never got Back in que for some reason xp

murderball is a terrible gamemode, you can play it in my arena and enjoyit yourself, it got intreduced in hot and got removed in hot

MMR RANGE LOCK FOR FAIR GAMES.

Please Anet, just lock MMR so support is viable. It is completely unplayable trying to support low gold dps vs top 150 dps. On the flip side, if I have a top 150 dps, they don't even need support vs low golds, I mightaswell go afk and we'd still win. It aint fun either way, and it won't be fun on any game mode you bring in, same kitten different mode.

Edited by Flowki.7194
  • Like 1