Players still punished for transfers after WvW changes.

Recently started GW2 because WvW restructuring news made me aware of the game. Bought the expansions and was playing WvW and xferred account from Maguuma to Anvil Rock in order to be with WvW guild. After the worlds had been changed and everyone was on a new world I still wasn't receiving pips in WvW matches.

Seems dumb because literally everyone is playing on new worlds as of 7PM PST yesterday, and it's adding insult to injury since it is going to be a 6 week reset and I just bought all the expansions for this game specifically to play WvW. Guess I'll just sit in newbie gear for longer due to a feature I wasn't warned about and now must observe for longer than normal after its purpose has been completely deprecated.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

It's not the usual 2-week reset now?  You can't use your L80 Boost(s) to acquire L80 Gear? You can't access Open World and play there whilst you await the acquisition of pips?  Your Guild plays nothing but WvW?

Have you tried contacting the CS Team and discussing your issue? 

• Confused 1

You only lose out on pips for 1 week (total week from day of transfer). I blame your guild leadership for not telling you to wait and not waste the transfer. In the case of if you are not on the same world as your guild again that would be on you if you didn't set your guild as WvW and possibly a little on the guild leadership if they didn't talk to the guild about it. Some guilds did use an alliance guild to set for WvW.

Edited by fable spirt.8465
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It's not the usual 2-week reset now?  You can't use your L80 Boost(s) to acquire L80 Gear? You can't access Open World and play there whilst you await the acquisition of pips?  Your Guild plays nothing but WvW?

Have you tried contacting the CS Team and discussing your issue? 

It is a 6 week reset now that WvW uses teams and not servers. I contacted support with a ticket to try to remedy the situation before posting here.

2 hours ago, fable spirt.8465 said:

You only lose out on pips for 1 week (total week from day of transfer). I blame your guild leadership for not telling you to wait and not waste the transfer. In the case of if you are not on the same world as your guild again that would be on you if you didn't set your guild as WvW and possibly a little on the guild leadership if they didn't talk to the guild about it. Some guilds did use an alliance guild to set for WvW.

It is a 6 week reset now that WvW uses teams and not servers. The transfer feature was free and did not indicate it would impact rewards from WvW gameplay, which given that they were doing away with worlds and switching to teams, seems somewhat dumb and arbitrary now. Since I'm not playing on a "world" -- my server is completely disconnected from which WvW team I queue into. I'm on Anvil Rock server, but my team is Throne of Balthazar. There are members from many worlds on ToB team, but I am punished for transferring.

This seems simple I don't think the company needs to be defended, while they probably won't resolve my personal issue they should patch out this restriction now that they've fundamentally changed world vs world.

Edited by Birdandgame.1835
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

To be clear, there are many rewards from ticks as they appear to be the bulk of the reward structure. Hero points, weapon mastery unlock, etc. are all tied in to the rewards from Skirmish Boxes given by pip awards from World vs World. If you don't intend to play other game modes, this is a pretty extreme punishment. Very customer-unfriendly and doesn't serve a purpose anymore.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

If you aren't a world-vs-world player you may not know this, so let me link you to the relevant thread:

I will be waiting for 10 weeks to go through 2 resets since these are extended resets due to the changes made to the game mode.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Birdandgame.1835 said:

If you aren't a world-vs-world player you may not know this, so let me link you to the relevant thread:

I will be waiting for 10 weeks to go through 2 resets since these are extended resets due to the changes made to the game mode.

I think you're confusing SERVER resets and weekly WvW resets.  New WR servers will be reshuffled on the dates you linked. WvW reset happens every Friday @ 10pm EST for NA servers and 5-6 hours earlier for EU servers.  The pips you're referring to are based on the weekly WvW reset, so if you transferred before yesterday's WvW reset, your pips will begin again after this Friday's WvW reset in 6 days.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Matches is the word you're looking for.

But yes, they should probably remove this restriction now since one can only transfer between regions and no longer between servers for WvW.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1