Returning Player - Lost

Hey all,

Returning player here. I played casually off and on up until POF and then quit up until a couple weeks ago. I've always enjoyed WvW and when I heard about the new update it seemed pretty cool to start getting back into it. Unfortunately I ended up in Abaddon's Prison and good lord, it's awful. I've been playing quite a bit since the update went live and it involves just constantly getting crushed with little to no effort from the opposing teams. I'm very much a noob when it comes to WvW, but I would really like to find an ACTIVE guild that specializes in it and is willing to teach players on how to hone their skills and learn the mode. I enjoy playing on my Warrior and Guardian and am cool with learning whatever role needs to be filled. I used to dedicate a lot of time in games like WoW in PvP/Raids as well as competitive fps and I've always enjoyed WvW, I've just always had trouble finding a dedicated group for it.

Thanks!

In addition to Chaba's post, I would consider  a pvx guild, ideally with a more casual atmosphere. The more serious WvW guilds may have already formed alliances that are full or nearing full and may have stricter requirements to stay or require you to play a specific way.  Furthermore you would have a relatively higher level of WvW experience.

A lot of peeps seem to have problems because they want to have more autonomy when tehy play and a looser association with others and often have the trouble of clashing with people that have more serious mindsets. But like most silly people, they fail to account for this.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/forum/30-looking-for-guild/

Alternatively, if you remember what your server was, you can also try to get their discord and see if they had any community guilds or really just anyone you'd recognize

https://gw2mists.com/worlds/na

https://gw2mists.com/worlds/eu

Also you shall not just join any random guild and scrutinize it for a bit. Ask:

Any kind of attendance requirement (you must always rep, kicks inactive players for not playing for a week) = no. Guilds like these treat you like a cog in the wheel and thus expendable. No.

Any guild that demands exclusive access to you = no. Like anything that sounds like an abusive relationship where they force you to choose between things is not a good sign.

Ideally, the guild should be mid sized and you should make an effort to get to know some members. You don't want guilds that are approaching full or always looking to expand because that increases the chances of putting out the chopping block. But those are fine to casually associate with.

See if they should be a good fit, and of course if you notice cliquish or biased behavior, it's time to say goodbye or use them as a secondary guild and treat it "Like buisness", aka of a temporary nature.

Once you are set, do try to contribute to the guild in some way; goodwill is great!

Remember even if no guilds fit, you should try to add friends. That way you can potentially just make a alliance guild of your own to make sure you all can WvW together, or potentially join a alliance as a group. When you are a package deal, you tend to have a lot more versatility.

Btw do not burn bridges, even if you join a guild that sucks. That can cause your reputation to precede you.

Note that this approach can and will get you booted from some possessive guilds, but this is fine and don't take it personally.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480

Appreciate all the feedback! I didn't know about the alliance discord so I'll start there. 

Archon, I appreciate your though out reply. I definitely do plan to do due diligence. I'm really hoping to find a community to be active in with people I enjoy playing with, not just grind out fights/objectives.