Hologram Stampede pacing is atrocious.

Waiting for 10 minutes average, for a total waste of a 100 minutes for daily achievements is NOT good design.
Can the wait between stampedes be reduced to 2 minutes or something more reasonable.

This part of the event is just a waste of time.
No other seasonal event has this unreasonable timesink. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

You know it's completely optional, right? There are alternative ways to do your daily and weekly achievements, you only need to do it 5 times total for the annual achievement, and you don't have to wait around in the map (you can WP in just before or even a couple of minutes after it starts and tag one event for full participation).

I personally kind of like the waiting period, it often leads to more chatting and silliness than you'd normally get unless you just spend time sitting around in cities. Think of the 10 tiers of daily rewards as a daily cap on full rewards rather than a quota to hit, and don't push yourself to do content you don't enjoy. 

• Like 10
  • Confused 5

Calling a wait of 100 minutes for the daily achievement an example of bad design is inaccurate as there is no design requiring 100 minutes of wasted time for the daily achievements. This is not an issue of the developer's design but rather one of a player's decision. "I chose to wait for something that could have been completed without waiting," is not a design issue.

I splashed some water on my face, who do I complain to about the design of water that led to me getting wet?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

5 hours ago, Inssengrimm.7924 said:

The problem here is that the pacing is being enforced (the oposite of optional) on anyone who wants to play.

It isn't, though. No part of the achievements needs you to do them back-to-back, if you're trying to grind out dailies as quickly as possible the arena + one of the daily options in Hoelbrak is much quicker. And ironically, that pacing is "being enforced" by the players, not the devs; the stampedes are every 15 minutes, and consists of 3 rounds, each with a 5 minute timer. Players rush it, which makes 15 minutes' worth of rounds get done in 3-4 minutes, I'm not sure what you'd suggest to remedy that. It would actually be worse if you had to wait for each round's timer to elapse before the next could start, because you'd still wait the same amount of time, but broken up so you have to remain in the map rather than having ~10 mins to go elsewhere and do something else.

If you enjoy them but don't like the wait, dip in and out of them, or traverse the maps in a circuit rather than waypointing which at least means you feel like you keep moving. If you want to farm back-to-back for rewards, do arena, or wait for Halloween where the Mad King's Labyrinth is probably more up your street.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

I doubt many are doing the full optional rewards (doing it 10 times) - I do it one per day even if it is not on daily and even when I already have finished the weekly. But not more than once. Too much. (Maybe in the last "week" where we only have 2 days for the last weekly and if grinding the arena gets boring.)

There are others with daily stuff you can do multiple times that can take horrible long. I remember the Wintersday ... I think they even put in like ... Toypocalypse 3 times lol. (As if anyone would do that more than once per day or on days when it is not normally on daily.)

Just a bit Karma at Wintersday and here the coffers translate into a bit gold that you can earn faster by farming instead of doing the stampede 10 times.

Regarding the wait time: You can do other stuff in between. Some people might just do stuff at home while not at the computer only checking back every 10 minutes ... getting the 10/10 (while getting weekly points) that way.

Even if you do other things during it, it takes like two hours to get ten done which is crazy for something the event wants you to do daily. You can tell people not to do it if they don't like it all you want, but it's still just really bad design.

• Like 1
  • Confused 6

Aren't races every 30 minutes or even 45 mins in some cases?

Mad King Says every 2 hours?

What about the treasure hunt in Labyrinthe Cliffs being every 2 hours?

Every 15 mins seems like one of the more regular ones where the content isn't always up (labyrinth, Arena, Wintersday) or controlled by players (Gauntlet, Pavilion)

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Skub.8240 said:

Even if you do other things during it, it takes like two hours to get ten done which is crazy for something the event wants you to do daily. You can tell people not to do it if they don't like it all you want, but it's still just really bad design.

Who told you the game wants you to do 10 stampedes daily? All that achievement means is that you're getting bonus coffers for 10 stampedes and then the reward goes down. It's not so you have to do it 10 times each day(??), but so it's not overfarmed. In other words: it's not a bad design, it's you not understanding the design in the first place.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Who told you the game wants you to do 10 stampedes daily? All that achievement means is that you're getting bonus coffers for 10 stampedes and then the reward goes down. It's not so you have to do it 10 times each day(??), but so it's not overfarmed. In other words: it's not a bad design, it's you not understanding the design in the first place.

If they didn't want you to do ten a day they wouldn't give you the ten bonus ones a day to begin with. The argument isn't that you "have" to do it, it's that the game wants you to and it's frankly silly that people in this thread are so defensive over even tepid critique of the game's design that they have to constantly twist the words like that.

9 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Aren't races every 30 minutes or even 45 mins in some cases?

Mad King Says every 2 hours?

What about the treasure hunt in Labyrinthe Cliffs being every 2 hours?

Every 15 mins seems like one of the more regular ones where the content isn't always up (labyrinth, Arena, Wintersday) or controlled by players (Gauntlet, Pavilion)

As far as I'm aware there isn't a daily achievement for doing ten races a day; it's not really comparable.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

2 hours ago, Skub.8240 said:

If they didn't want you to do ten a day they wouldn't give you the ten bonus ones a day to begin with. The argument isn't that you "have" to do it, it's that the game wants you to and it's frankly silly that people in this thread are so defensive over even tepid critique of the game's design that they have to constantly twist the words like that.

As far as I'm aware there isn't a daily achievement for doing ten races a day; it's not really comparable.

My reply was in direct answer to there being no other festival events with that downtime. There is. That’s the goalposts I shot towards

Do I think the stampede should tick the daily after 2-3 and just continue the rewards up to a limit of 10? Yes, but that’s a sep point to mine

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Randulf.7614 said:

My reply was in direct answer to there being no other festival events with that downtime. There is. That’s the goalposts I shot towards

Do I think the stampede should tick the daily after 2-3 and just continue the rewards up to a limit of 10? Yes, but that’s a sep point to mine

And it looks like either the OP edited their post, or that person paraphrased the OP in a quote because that's not actually what the OP of the thread says. So if the OP had miscommunicated, they realized that and tried to clarify; thus people are responding to the incorrect statement without actually reading the post in question which is a pretty odd thing to do.

• Confused 3

42 minutes ago, Skub.8240 said:

And it looks like either the OP edited their post, or that person paraphrased the OP in a quote because that's not actually what the OP of the thread says. So if the OP had miscommunicated, they realized that and tried to clarify; thus people are responding to the incorrect statement without actually reading the post in question which is a pretty odd thing to do.

His post is gone, its should be between yours and Dean calaways  post. Based on the time of the post

Yup, there are some posts in this thread missing, including the one where OP argued that comparing stampede to world bosses is silly, and that no other festival event is on a such rough timer.

No clue if OP deleted the post themselves or if it is a case of ninja-moderation, but they are missing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skub.8240 said:

The OP (Opening Post) has not been edited; one or more posts by the OP (Original Poster) has been removed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Skub.8240 said:

Posts were removed by a mod.  

• Like 1

On 6/15/2024 at 10:38 PM, Inssengrimm.7924 said:

Waiting for 10 minutes average, for a total waste of a 100 minutes for daily achievements is NOT good design.

This part of the event is just a waste of time.

Agreed. It's why it is my least favorite activity and why I am actively avoiding it.

• Confused 3

You can do the event more than once if you don't want to wait. If you're quick, you can usually just leave and re-enter to get into a different map that's still going, otherwise join on someone else or use a second account to guarantee it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 6/18/2024 at 6:26 AM, Skub.8240 said:

I'd say if anything's silly here, it's your idea in this thread where "the game wants you to do x-activity y-times because the reward exists". By that logic, the game wants you to compelte every single possible daily drop there is -and if there's no daily limit? Apparently the game wants you to camp x even infinitely. So you better do every piece of content that gives you a reward each day and then start complaining that it's the game that "wants you to do it because there's the limited/unlimited reward".

I'm not doing 10 stampedes daily (most of the time I don't do even 1) and... what exactly did I lose out on here? Spoiler alert: iIt's not the game that "wants you to do it", it's YOU who wants to do it and then complain about it. And it's that much weirder since there isn't even any limited reward behind that.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I'm not doing 10 stampedes daily (most of the time I don't do even 1) and... what exactly did I lose out on here? Spoiler alert: iIt's not the game that "wants you to do it", it's YOU who wants to do it and then complain about it. And it's that much weirder since there isn't even any limited reward behind that.

Most of that context got removed by the mods, the only real reason someone would do 10 a day is if they need the lifetime hologram stampede achievement points before they have to wait a whole year for Dragons Bash to come around again.

• Confused 2

23 minutes ago, Hsanrb.1570 said:

Most of that context got removed by the mods, the only real reason someone would do 10 a day is if they need the lifetime hologram stampede achievement points before they have to wait a whole year for Dragons Bash to come around again.

One only needs 5 Hologram Stampede event for the Annual (over three weeks, not per day), and one can participate in other activities, rather than the Hologram Stampede and still complete the Annual Meta Achievement, Annual Dragon Bash Feats.

13 hours ago, Hsanrb.1570 said:

Is it about the stampede survivor achievement? 5 ap per completion, capped at total 25ap, so it needs to be completed 5 times. Each time consists of 3 stampede events, so in total you need... 15? The event lasts 22 days, so you can do 1 stampede a day and be done a full week before the event ends. Right?