5 hours ago, frazazel.7501 said:

They really should do a re-link in the middle of this 6-week span. The first few matchups are always going to be the worst, and getting them over with faster would help get to a better place faster.

That's not what that means.  More frequent re-links will mean more of these "worst" first matchups.  That's not what you want.

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

That's not what that means.  More frequent re-links will mean more of these "worst" first matchups.  That's not what you want.

So we have a system that takes 5/6 weeks to finally group the teams/servers (unfortunately now useless) with a similar game potential, but at the same time the mechanic plans to reshuffle everything every 4 weeks?

I feel like there's something wrong. I'm sure there's something wrong, but I can't figure out what. Yet something is not quite right here.😉

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

So we have a system that takes 5/6 weeks to finally group the teams/servers (unfortunately now useless) with a similar game potential, but at the same time the mechanic plans to reshuffle everything every 4 weeks?

I feel like there's something wrong. I'm sure there's something wrong, but I can't figure out what. Yet something is not quite right here.😉

Did you intend to write your response as if this is a new concept?

Four weeks is already too short for 5 and 6 tiers' worth of teams to settle into their proven rankings - servers in the last tiers can't rise to T1 in that short number of matches.  That's why previously these periods between relinks were 8 weeks, which the playerbase has been tired of for quite awhile now.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

You know.. this is exactly what we had before, right? As in, before WR?

• Like 4

On 6/17/2024 at 3:05 PM, gashen.3874 said:

how long does this fiasco continue for , theres no fun in 10 people up against 10 times that number, get rid of this beta asap

Solution = Make a guild, recruit players, play with upto 500 players throughout the matchup.

2nd solution = join an existing guild and raid together!

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

16 hours ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

You know.. this is exactly what we had before, right? As in, before WR?

I was convinced that the ''before'' relinks were every 8 weeks. And it was questionable anyway. because you spent 5 weeks ''out of place'' and in the end, finally, 3 weeks at the ''right place''. 

17 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Four weeks is already too short for 5 and 6 tiers' worth of teams to settle into their proven ranking

Eureka, here's the answer I couldn't find. I was sure something wasn't working with the numbers here. 🤭

Ps. My irony isn't for you Chaba, it's all for our friends at Anet.

Explanation: I mean, if you think about it for a moment, it's really absurd. We have a team competition on a ridiculous timeline (4 weeks) but in 4 weeks the best team doesn't have a chance to finish in first place? We can't even get a match/comparison between the best 3 teams, because the mechanic denies you that by resetting everything after 4 weeks? Can you see how absurd this is? 

Edited by Mabi black.1824

I wondered the same, seeing that from T6 to T1 you'd need minimum 5 weeks, but new season happens after 4 weeks only.

BUT! Let's say that the strongest team is in T3, it would take them 2 weeks to go to the top, then spend 2 weeks there, probably with 2nd strongest. The last week will feel quite stale since you'd repeat a match with an opponent you already met. How long do you want to be "at the right place" fighting the same opponent again and again and again.

Let's make a comparison with sPvP Automated Tournaments. You have a team of 5, and all of them are [God of the Arena] or [Best of the Best]. Who do you think they will meet in final? The other team with equivalent experience. Again, and again. Stale, uninteresting state of Pro scene of sPvP. But if you mix teams randomly, you'll be sometimes paired with a pro and go up. Sometimes you'll play against a pro and go down. Every match is an opportunity.

Your Guild is now your World. If you used to /team chat and have fun, now you'll /guild chat and have fun. You can invite people to join your guild. And every month, you'll meet new friendly faces to invite, and you'll get rid of the old angry faces.

The Leaderboard, the score and the objectives are just a reason for players to fight players. You could get better at Leaderboard, score, objectives without PvP, but then you'd lose an occasion to interact and play with other players like you, whatever the result of your fight will be, it would be more fun than auto-attacking a Lord.

Lastly, I heard there is plan to consider the strength of a guild when doing the generation of teams. So if your guild did well, you might get into a T1 team right from the beginning. (Imagine 4 weeks of boring repeated matches. Chaos and Random FTW)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1