Will you stop playing WvW with the new system?

Do you think you will probably stop playing WvW under the new system?  

190 members have voted

1. 1. The WvW change has been implemented. Do you see longevity here? Will you stop playing WvW under the new system?

• Yes
    • No

4 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

So I can only summarize that since half the people are saying they're not playing WvW over this change, it apparently got filled up by PvErs and PvErs are really into WvW

I can only speak for myself but it is cool to have your „server community“ n stuff.

on the long run it’s important tho, that one has good games and fun fights. So far, during the WR betas and also now since i came back into the game, i see a lot more clouding / havocing which i kinda like and i feel like it’s due to the quite lose connections the alliances / guilds have. Since i enjoy that loose grouping, the WR is fun from a gaming perspective. For me.

i understand tho that others might feel different. But your numbers show, that wvw is definitely not dead.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

40 minutes ago, Mistwraithe.3106 said:

However, I'm assuming you are getting your info from GW2Mists.com? That only has access to K+D info from players who have created a GW2Mists login and added an API Key right?

Incorrect.

The WvW API does not use player keys, it show the live stats from all matchups down to objective captures and claims (gw2mists only use a small portion of it, but it's easier to get overview data for the week). There's a reason why webpages can show a live map of what's going on in WvW. You can read up on it on the wiki. Example: https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/wvw/matches/1-3

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

First rule of fight club is you don't talk about fight club. Second rule of fight club is you don't talk about how much time you spent in crafting more guild siege and waiting for bars to cross screens. Third rule of fight club is you need more sleep after you felt vendetta was called for so sleep was skipped. 

So next reshuffle I'll get matched on a team with less people on it because of the longer playhours.  Then I can also complain here about being on an outnumbered team.

The homebl marms who play 5-6 hours a day haven't yet seemed to realize how the system evaluates their excessive playtime.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

The homebl marms who play 5-6 hours a day haven't yet seemed to realize how the system evaluates their excessive playtime.

A video game that punishes people for playing? 🤔
Sounds like a great way to go out of business.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, DeWolfe.2174 said:

A video game that punishes people for playing? 🤔
Sounds like a great way to go out of business.

Punished?  Nah.  The scoring and participation systems all reward playing long hours.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

So I can only summarize that since half the people are saying they're not playing WvW over this change,

I admit, I've played it, I don't know for how long, because I fall asleep on the keyboard after a few tens of minutes. I've certainly contributed to this incredible increase in WVW's activity.😉

• Like 1

Why would I stop playing WvW after world restructuring? 

I didn't have a WvW guild previously. Now I have one. They even added 6th guild slot so that everyone could join a WvW guild. This new system is a way to join the community and be an active participant in WvW not the other way around. If you can't put the minimum effort to post a message in chat "Looking for a WvW guild." don't blame it on the system when you get put into a random server with people like you refusing to put any effort and just AFKing on spawn. 

• Like 4
  • Confused 7

I came back to the game for this and it has been pretty bad during the time I can play. Everything is my team's color. There is nothing to do. It is boring. I log in, wander around for a bit, and log out. Perhaps I will complete a daily or two if they don't require there to be hostile players around. Don't get me wrong, this could happen under the previous system too, but it's particularly bad (for me at least) right now. Not a great first impression.

Edit: Forgot to say, this is the third worst poll I've seen.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 5

I thoroughly enjoy the hell out of this. I loved beta, I love this.  No more stacking servers.  Its been a crap ton of fun!

You asked two questions, each requiring a response.  So here, let me answer directly
1. The WvW change has been implemented. Do you see longevity here? Will you stop playing WvW under the new system?

Yes, I see longevity. No I will not stop playing.  

Why only offer yes or no?  This is a crappy poll.

Edited by Kitiara.2706
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

17 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

So next reshuffle I'll get matched on a team with less people on it because of the longer playhours.  Then I can also complain here about being on an outnumbered team.

lol, marm? I am assume you are not using the military term so not certain there. No jest was more about that the idea of more activity by some people was due to better matches. Where as I was countering with more activity might also be due to some stubborn kittens getting grumpy. 🙂 

1 hour ago, Kitiara.2706 said:

I thoroughly enjoy the hell out of this. I loved beta, I love this.  No more stacking servers.  Its been a crap ton of fun!

You asked two questions, each requiring a response.  So here, let me answer directly
1. The WvW change has been implemented. Do you see longevity here? Will you stop playing WvW under the new system?

Yes, I see longevity. No I will not stop playing.  

Why only offer yes or no?  This is a crappy poll.

Glad you like it. Agree the poll options are limited. The no more stacking....it's all about stacking now.

• Like 2

On 6/23/2024 at 11:10 AM, Dawdler.8521 said:

Incorrect.

The WvW API does not use player keys, it show the live stats from all matchups down to objective captures and claims (gw2mists only use a small portion of it, but it's easier to get overview data for the week). There's a reason why webpages can show a live map of what's going on in WvW. You can read up on it on the wiki. Example: https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/wvw/matches/1-3

Ah, my mistake, I knew there was a WvW API but assumed it didn't return K/D or player time because of how GW2Mists wants to gather the player API keys.

11 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

I came back to the game for this and it has been pretty bad during the time I can play. Everything is my team's color. There is nothing to do. It is boring. I log in, wander around for a bit, and log out. Perhaps I will complete a daily or two if they don't require there to be hostile players around. Don't get me wrong, this could happen under the previous system too, but it's particularly bad (for me at least) right now. Not a great first impression.

Edit: Forgot to say, this is the third worst poll I've seen.

Yep,, because a bunch of us go in, and if all we see are enemy zergs and our team has no comm and no coverage across multiple maps, we log out and do something else. Being run over repeatedly when trying to take anything more than a camp is not fun.

• Like 3