Suffused Heavy Obsidian Armor has no sounds.... why?

So, I fell in love with the heavy obsidian armor and what got me really happy is that the armor has this heavy sound, typical of plate armor (unlike the raid version which hasn't it, I always disliked that but assumed it was intentional), I like these sounds on plate armor on every game since they make one feel they are indeed wearing the equivalent of a medieval tank, thing is, after really putting the effort on getting the suffused version, I found out the sound is gone and the armor is now silent.... Why Anet? is this a bug or intended? I don't want to go back to that immersion breaking feeling the heavy raid armor gave me, luckily the slumbering suffused version keeps the sounds, so my work wasn't a completely waste, but still 😔

• Confused 1

The suffused sets have obvious sound effects upon entering combat/unsheathing weapons.  That is intended.  It would obviously override whatever other sounds you think you hear from the other versions of the set.

12 minutes ago, Surelia.2651 said:

The suffused sets have obvious sound effects upon entering combat/unsheathing weapons.  That is intended.  It would obviously override whatever other sounds you think you hear from the other versions of the set.

I'm pretty sure they're talking about metalic clanking sounds you get from regular heavy armor skins when moving around and jumping. At least that's what I'm getting from their post.

16 minutes ago, Sarge shot Grif.6450 said:

I'm pretty sure they're talking about metalic clanking sounds you get from regular heavy armor skins when moving around and jumping. At least that's what I'm getting from their post.

Yeah, I meant this, thank you

2 minutes ago, Pax.3548 said:

Yeah, I meant this, thank you

So again, the suffused set was intended to have different sound effects.  Clearly they didn't think about the fact that these would override the other ones you want to hear.  What is the mystery?

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Surelia.2651 said:

So again, the suffused set was intended to have different sound effects.  Clearly they didn't think about the fact that these would override the other ones you want to hear.  What is the mystery?

You don't understand then, when you move around with normal heavy armor (without weapons unsheathed) you can hear the clang sounds tipycal of plate armor, in combat too, you don't hear this particular sound in the suffused version, either with weapon drawn or sheathed, and besided, the special sounds the effects could have are minimal, they only appear when your weapon is drawn and the effects pop up, after that you hear nothing.

The fact my post was moved to bugs reports gives me hope the lack of heavy armor sounds is indeed a bug, I can only hope.

1 hour ago, Pax.3548 said:

You don't understand then, when you move around with normal heavy armor (without weapons unsheathed) you can hear the clang sounds tipycal of plate armor, in combat too, you don't hear this particular sound in the suffused version, either with weapon drawn or sheathed, and besided, the special sounds the effects could have are minimal, they only appear when your weapon is drawn and the effects pop up, after that you hear nothing.

The fact my post was moved to bugs reports gives me hope the lack of heavy armor sounds is indeed a bug, I can only hope.

I do understand for heaven's sake.  I am saying that it is OBVIOUS that the reason you don't hear it is due to the fact that the set HAS ANOTHER SOUND SET programmed on it.

IF that is a bug then fine, they will fix it.  That said it ISNT hard to figure out what the issue is.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, Surelia.2651 said:

I do understand for heaven's sake.  I am saying that it is OBVIOUS that the reason you don't hear it is due to the fact that the set HAS ANOTHER SOUND SET programmed on it.

IF that is a bug then fine, they will fix it.  That said it ISNT hard to figure out what the issue is.

Ah, I get you now