Jump to content
  • Sign Up

How not to win in WvW?


Recommended Posts

1-You open a discord channel and establish a guild. Then, you open the commander tag and do not accept those who are not in your discord and guild as members of the crew, and even do not use the in-game chat at all, so that they do not understand where you are going and what you are doing.

2-Some players may enter your discord and guild despite the risk of being hacked or knowing that you may be toxic, so create a very long and difficult application form on your discord channel. Especially use links that make them suspicious or that contain links that can actually hack them.

3-There may be players who can open the commander tag, so to prevent different players from opening the commander tag, open the commander tag in the same colors immediately after them.

4-If the other commander is managing well, contact him immediately and offer to unite the crews. When the other commander closes the commander's tag and the group is dispersed, continue without adding anyone to your squad.

5-When you have no opponents and you command 30-40 players continuously, run around the enemy castles for a long time where the rival players can unite and react against you. For this, especially killing NPCs on the walls can be used. Once you kill the NPCs, you can spend more time wandering around the walls of the castle, pretending to be looking for enemies. When the enemy outnumbers you, start attacking and you can use their outnumbering as your reason for losing. Don't answer them when they ask you why you didn't take on the other players hanging around. You have no excuse to answer that.

6-The only tactic you should never ever use is to stay in a group and act as a single body. Do not use other tactics. There is a possibility of you winning. There are many war tactics, such as attacking the enemy from behind, attacking the snake's tail and running away, standing in a single position and attacking a single target at the same time, hit-and-run tactics. Become an expert in these tactics so that you do not apply them to the game accidently. Because you should not have a chance of winning. You need to master the following tactics so that you do not apply these tactics accidentally because these are tactics that can be used in any war and bring victory.

a-Turan Tactic = used to inflict maximum damage to the enemy with a crescent-shaped formation. Turks used it.

b-Operation Lightning, also known as Blitzkrieg, was one of the most effective and clever tactics used by the Germans in history.

c-The Empty Castle Tactic was used by the Romans. It is very effective. It is very useful for attacking or stalling the enemy from behind.

d-Guerrilla Tactic is perhaps one of the most famous tactics used to trap the enemy.

e-The Pakfront Tactic, also developed by the Germans, is very effective.

f-The Parthian Strike was used by the Mongols, a tactic based on being constantly on the move by delivering fast and long-distance strikes.

7-Be racist and nationalist and you will create division among your friends of the same color.

8-Notify Discord that you are joining the game and then open the command tag. First, notify them and then open the command tag. Explain in Discord what you are going to do in detail so that the spies can tell all the enemies about this. Also, when you open the commander tag, do not leave the castle without seeing that the enemy commanders are also active.

9-There will be times when you can win due to help from randomly wandering players, so change the map frequently when you are about to win. For this, excuses such as chasing 2 enemies while you are about to get SM can be used.

10-If you follow the steps above, no one will know that you are cheating and making money by selling wvw, pvp ranks, raids, or even titles. No one except me. Don't worry, I'll keep my mouth shut.

  • Like 5
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 11
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

I do enjoy your posts but this one has left me more confused than normal. is there a point?

 

Yes but a subtle one. Or at least i understand it that way. It’s a critique towards some kind of commanders i think.

i only join open comms or open one myself. I can’t play wvw and join a new discord every 30 minutes and go through the authentication process every time so i just don’t.

  • Like 4
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, CafPow.1542 said:

Yes but a subtle one. Or at least i understand it that way. It’s a critique towards some kind of commanders i think.

i only join open comms or open one myself. I can’t play wvw and join a new discord every 30 minutes and go through the authentication process every time so i just don’t.

i did guess it might be aimed at that. 

the guild discords are a pain, hopefully some one will get the apis sorted and folks start using the eu alliance one when doing open events

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Atoclone.4810 said:

i did guess it might be aimed at that. 

the guild discords are a pain, hopefully some one will get the apis sorted and folks start using the eu alliance one when doing open events

Yeah. Reminds me that i have to join that one yet lol.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We have always had differing levels and types of tags. I don't think that will change. Its more now we will have mixes of them that people may not have been used to getting shifted about. So that adds to issues. That may need to be another attribute in the sorts. They mentioned numbers of tags, but that may need to be further spread to the number of vis and invis and potentially open versus closed down the road. 

We can hope tags will work together, but hope is the best case scenario. But there is no guarantee. Work with what you can and make the best of it.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

We can hope tags will work together

The main thing i see is communication. While the servers might have had discords or teamspeaks or whatever it was that 1 platform.

now every guild needs some and since they can chose their team every 30 days or whatnot there is no channel that stays forever.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, CafPow.1542 said:

The main thing i see is communication. While the servers might have had discords or teamspeaks or whatever it was that 1 platform.

now every guild needs some and since they can chose their team every 30 days or whatnot there is no channel that stays forever.

Had created a poll about a game discord and that was received with a big no. I think more people were concerned over Anet being admin versus more for stable long term discord that already had logic in place to handle putting players in the right channel without worrying about a third party admin likewise nuking a site out of the blue. Meaning we end up with more guild discords and some of the chaos of that potential mess as what sounds like the OP has been running into.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I enjoy these peeks and insights into delusion; a true exposé of narcissism and self-righteousness.  "If you don't play like I want you to, you're doing it wrong! I have 1k hours in the game, I've commanded thousands of battles! I've researched (ie. googled) and can name historical war strategies and don't understand how they can be sub-optimal in a video game. I am gamer, hear me whine!"

I needed this, it's kind of a slow Monday at the office.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Is this because closed tags won't let you join?  Or is it because you're trying to command when you're not the commander but tell them what to do?  Or because you really take it waaaayyyy too seriously and think everyone who doesn't agree with you is a hack or taking payment?  

Please stop with the complaining about having to fill out an application on discord (seriously, what???).  Whatever guild you are trying to join is clearly not for you.  Go outside, touch grass, move on.  But hey it's always an interesting read.  

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Farohna.6247 said:

fill out an application on discord

I understand that if i wanna join a guild.

i don’t understand that, when i just wanna join a tag, from somebody i don’t even know if i ever see him again. Bonuspoints and an „extra-nope“ from me when i have to do that hypothetically while i try to play the game simultaneously…

 

but it’s my free choice to not enter a closed tag zerg so I’m not complaining. Just saying that i can understand op‘s point to some extend.

 

 

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, CafPow.1542 said:

I understand that if i wanna join a guild.

i don’t understand that, when i just wanna join a tag, from somebody i don’t even know if i ever see him again. Bonuspoints and an „extra-nope“ from me when i have to do that hypothetically while i try to play the game simultaneously…

 

but it’s my free choice to not enter a closed tag zerg so I’m not complaining. Just saying that i can understand op‘s point to some extend.

 

 

I have never had to "fill out an application" to join a Discord for a tag, having to react to "I understand the rules" at the most. And I have joined many.

No idea what OP is up to, but I am not sure if I should just be entertained or not with these threads.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, One more for the road.8950 said:

I have never had to "fill out an application" to join a Discord for a tag, having to react to "I understand the rules" at the most. And I have joined many.

No idea what OP is up to, but I am not sure if I should just be entertained or not with these threads.

There are discords that have some amounts of click-through-thingies of all sorts and sometimes they don’t work so you don’t see the voice channels after that.

even if it „only takes 30 seconds“… I’m about to play wvw right now and not accept some „terms and conditions“ to not misgender somebody or whatnot.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, CafPow.1542 said:

There are discords that have some amounts of click-through-thingies of all sorts and sometimes they don’t work so you don’t see the voice channels after that.

even if it „only takes 30 seconds“… I’m about to play wvw right now and not accept some „terms and conditions“ to not misgender somebody or whatnot.

 Yes, I understand the annoyance. And I wouldn't put it on my discord because I don't think people should need a written agreement to behave in a civilized manner. If you're combative, disrespectful or annoying to me or my friends then me or my mods will kick you, zero questions asked. My house, my rules.

That said, if someone writes out their house rules for the general public, especially when there's children included in those communities... I can understand it. Read (or don't) and accept any consequences of that rule breaking in their house... or just don't join.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, devastoscz.9851 said:

I enjoy these peeks and insights into delusion; a true exposé of narcissism and self-righteousness.  "If you don't play like I want you to, you're doing it wrong! I have 1k hours in the game, I've commanded thousands of battles! I've researched (ie. googled) and can name historical war strategies and don't understand how they can be sub-optimal in a video game. I am gamer, hear me whine!"

I needed this, it's kind of a slow Monday at the office.

Congratulations.  You've just been placed on a list of targets to infiltrate in order to learn your weaknesses.  You will lose before the fight even began!  /sarcasm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/23/2024 at 11:42 AM, eriniy.8607 said:

knowing that you may be toxic

I dunno, I think the best way to find out someone is toxic is when they write essays of 500+ words badmouthing people.

Also please write your own stuff.

The text appears to be a guide filled with dubious and unethical strategies for managing a group within a multiplayer online game, specifically in a way that undermines the integrity and enjoyment of the game. The tone is robotic and clinical, outlining steps to sabotage gameplay and manipulate other players, which suggests it may not have been written by a person with genuine intentions to share helpful information. Instead, it could have been generated by a bot programmed to distribute misleading or harmful advice, given its systematic and impersonal style.

Moreover, the language lacks the nuance and personal touch typical of human communication, which might include empathetic consideration of other players' experiences or more fluid transitions between ideas. The repetitive and directive nature of the content, along with the emphasis on destructive behavior and tactics, points to the likelihood of it being machine-generated, possibly designed to provoke or disrupt the gaming community rather than contribute positively to it.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, devastoscz.9851 said:

That said, if someone writes out their house rules for the general public, especially when there's children included in those communities... I can understand it. Read (or don't) and accept any consequences of that rule breaking in their house... or just don't join.

Sure and generally i read that carefully and accept it (or don’t and leave)

but for christs sake i don’t have the time to read it carefully when i wanna join a tag. Said tag switched already maps 3 times when I’m done with it. It’s just impractical.

“back“ when we had servers: there was that one discord / ts that had his verification process that took a few minutes but you did that once and be done with it forever u know.

Edited by CafPow.1542
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bad experience, eh?  Definitely a funny read.

When it comes to bad commanders, there's only one that really stands out for me.  The only rational explanation I have for this one's behavior is that they were a plant from another server that was being paid to lead us to the slaughter.  This was the only time I had ever followed a commander and lost two levels of participation due to their inability to actually get anything done.  What they did was this:

  • Step 1: Wait at the home waypoint for 3-5 minutes.
  • Step 2: Run out into the center of the map and run in random zig-zagging directions around the shrines to try and be unpredictable.
  • Step 3: Finally attempt to take a tower/keep... and run right into the pre-sieged waiting arms of an entire enemy zerg, ready to ambush us.
  • Step 4: After everyone dies, wait at home waypoint and start over again.

This happened three times in a row before I decided I would be better off just running solo.  I came to the conclusion that we were farm bait because, to be frank, it seemed like everything they did was a waste of time until they charged right into an enemy trap.  Somehow, in spite of all the short zig-zagging motions and the randomly picked targets, somehow the enemy zerg was always right there, waiting for us.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Bad experience, eh?  Definitely a funny read.

When it comes to bad commanders, there's only one that really stands out for me.  The only rational explanation I have for this one's behavior is that they were a plant from another server that was being paid to lead us to the slaughter.  This was the only time I had ever followed a commander and lost two levels of participation due to their inability to actually get anything done.  What they did was this:

  • Step 1: Wait at the home waypoint for 3-5 minutes.
  • Step 2: Run out into the center of the map and run in random zig-zagging directions around the shrines to try and be unpredictable.
  • Step 3: Finally attempt to take a tower/keep... and run right into the pre-sieged waiting arms of an entire enemy zerg, ready to ambush us.
  • Step 4: After everyone dies, wait at home waypoint and start over again.

This happened three times in a row before I decided I would be better off just running solo.  I came to the conclusion that we were farm bait because, to be frank, it seemed like everything they did was a waste of time until they charged right into an enemy trap.  Somehow, in spite of all the short zig-zagging motions and the randomly picked targets, somehow the enemy zerg was always right there, waiting for us.

I know of some groups that deliberately use pugs as bait by veering around like that so people will pick the tail and they can take advantage of it, but it seemed like they were also getting themselves killed?

 

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

I know of some groups that deliberately use pugs as bait by veering around like that so people will pick the tail and they can take advantage of it, but it seemed like they were also getting themselves killed?

 

There was no pug baiting.  Full squad wipe, every time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

There was no pug baiting.  Full squad wipe, every time. 

Ahh. Well can  lead to my story. I remember a tag like that once.

Once I was tagged by accident; originally I made a invisible squad because we had 6 people but most people left so I just left it at that. But apparently I didn't make it invisible; I just thought it was just nice that for whatever reason I had 10 people killing whoever was trying to fight me. Naturally that led to a lot of dead server mates because I didn't even know what was going on and humorously an invisible group that thought we could be bait also died. But that's not the real story here.

Eventually i get a whisper from someone asking if they could join because my squad was locked, and then I asked them "can you see this tag?". Then I also asked them that we already had a pug tag  on the map so whyjoin this and they basically told them they were sick of that tag constantly wiping them--coincidentally I never follow them either.  So by leading them away from this terrible tag means people were doing better even though I wasn't really doing that much myself.

That tag also had the obnoxious tendency to tag over other tags doing the real work and claiming credit too; so I'm not sure if it's a borderline troll tag or maybe they were actually believing their own delusions. Also I'm pretty sure their "massive damage" against the enemy was getting reflected.

Fast forwarding a few months later and they actually make a thread on these very forums whining about why nobody will follow them-- yea I had to bite my tongue for that.  🤣

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This is clearly, by this point, a troll account.

OP posts some provocative BS in a new thread and never returns to the conversation.

Rinse and repeat.

Either a troll, or a sociopath.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Had created a poll about a game discord and that was received with a big no. I think more people were concerned over Anet being admin versus more for stable long term discord that already had logic in place to handle putting players in the right channel without worrying about a third party admin likewise nuking a site out of the blue. Meaning we end up with more guild discords and some of the chaos of that potential mess as what sounds like the OP has been running into.

Theoretically if they fix there API you should just be able to join one for your area (shout out EU alliance) and then you'd only be able to access the relevant channels ie frost citadel. When we reshuffle it should then only allow you access to the new one

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...