Spiders Lair Meta

Are there any NA groups that occasionally run this and are successful? Since the meta’s release, I’ve done this four or five times, all of which failed. Closest attempt ended at 16%. I’m doing everything in my power to help this succeed—using correct buff/attunement, waypointing and flying back when I need to and/or setting and using a personal waypoint, using the fountains, and focusing rifts and mobs. Am I just unlucky, or is there something else I can do to help this succeed? I’ve been playing my raid power dps Soulbeast with a couple tweaks for improved survivability.

I want to be a part of a successful meta at least once.

Not if you're doing all that. The key is rift management, not afking on the floor if dead and not losing focus by shouting at those afking on the floor when dead. Not much more you personally can do when you are relying on 50-60+ other players working as a team

It'll get nerfed eventually because it can't sustain itself in its current form into a new expansion. It's more when than if. I'm on 50% success after 15 or so runs and most of the wins came early on. Now it's just a mess and a lot of time wasted, so I'm waiting for the inevitable change until I do it again. Even if it is is forcing the dead to waypoint rather than the more likely boss/rift spawn nerf, something will change

• Like 6

It's easily one of the worst meta's I've seen simply because it isn't enjoyable at all.  I don't mind difficult content that takes awhile to learn, but I at least want to be enjoying the process and this is just a chaotic mess that is a chore I would rather avoid.  I hope Janthir takes us in an entirely different direction.  SoTo felt like it was off the rails for story, maps, and overall was a slog and not fun or memorable like PoT and Season 4 were.  

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

Tried it six times now and beaten it all six times. I look for organized groups though, I don't just randomly show up and start doing it if the commander doesn't seem to have an idea of what's going on. I experience the same thing in Dragon's End which is actually harder than the new meta. But if people buff up, getting their jade buffs, and taking food, and the commander is making subgroups or at the very least a subgroup with enough people in it to handle the rifts, it usually succeeds.

I see a disorganized group starting and I head for higher ground. 

• Like 1